Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyrus Thomas Has Come A Long Way...........
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
HardWorkin'Hinrich
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

"LSU's Tyrus Thomas has elevated game while enduring hardships."

"....heartbreak keeps jerking him back to reality, and it cruelly keeps him grounded.

Just eight days ago, Thomas attended the funeral of longtime friend Ryan Francis, the USC point guard whom Thomas got to know growing up playing basketball in Baton Rouge, La........

"He was a real good friend," Thomas said. "I used to talk to him two or three times a week. He was more excited for me than I think I was about going to the NBA."

Thomas' aggressiveness on the basketball court is said to be his emotional outlet. Basketball helped him come to terms with his father's incarceration and with lonely moments when he missed his mom because she worked two jobs to make ends meet.

He had no time to prepare for the loss of his friend, and it hit him hard at the funeral.

"Tyrus cried like a baby," LSU coach John Brady said."

........"Thomas arrived at LSU as a 6-7, 185-pound freshman but eventually beefed up to 220 while growing a couple of inches. Thomas was strong enough to go head-to-head with teammate Glen Davis, a heavyweight at 300 pounds....."

Wow, this kid has heart......I definately would want him over Aldridge, if we keep the 2nd overall pick that is.
Cubbies4Life
A lot of guys have heart and still don't turn into good NBA players...all we know about Thomas is that hes a good jumper and athletic. I don't think Thomas would help the Bulls like Aldridge could, although I honestly wish the Bulls had like the 4th or 5th pick and could take Brandon Roy.
bullkirk
We will pick Thomas i have no doubt
B-4-Bulls
Either Him or Aldridge IDC, but if Lamarcus is gone, we pick Tyrus but even if Aldridge is available and we pick Tyrus Ill still be Happy biggrin.gif cuz I have a feeling with Pax's comments that he really wants Tyrus.
bulls91
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ May 28 2006, 10:15 AM)
Either Him or Aldridge IDC, but if Lamarcus is gone, we pick Tyrus but even if Aldridge is available and we pick Tyrus Ill still be Happy biggrin.gif cuz I have a feeling with Pax's comments that he really wants Tyrus.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! he is another chandler why can no one see that or offensive game in the post will be worst then better, in less that is what the bulls are trying to do in the off-season but i think it is to get better.
Chisoxfn
Our biggest need is low post scoring. Bargaini and Aldridge (2 of the top 4 guys in the draft) both would fill that need. Thomas (one of the higher rated guys in the draft) does not fill that need (in fact he can't score period).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.