Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just an idea
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bulls91
first trade chandler, gordon, and the future second pick for KG

then we pick up nene from the FA and sign him to a deal that he could not resist. then draft LaMarcus in the place of chandler and draft J.J. in the place of Gordon we would improve in all areas and still have salery cap to improve other minor problems on the team hopefully the olny thing that we will be lacking would be rebounding that we got from chandler.

What do you all think it could work out for the best?
ChWRoCk2
NO!!!! Id rather keep Gordon and Chandler, the young players will eventually progress and get some experience. They have a chance this year to make some good picks and can take advantage of that like they did two years ago when they drafted Gordon and company.
bulls91
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 18 2006, 10:29 PM)
NO!!!! Id rather keep Gordon and Chandler, the young players will eventually progress and get some experience. They have a chance this year to make some good picks and can take advantage of that like they did two years ago when they drafted Gordon and company.

what about nene i think that he would add some support to our bench and look to to go far in the playoffs.
ZoomSlowik
That package isn't going to be enough for Garnett. They'd minimally need to add a 1st round pick or two, and possibly give up either Deng or Hinrich. They're not just going to give us one of the best players in the league.

Drafting Aldridge is definitely a good move, but it might not be possible. If we were to include Deng in a trade for Garnett, we could draft Gay. He's not as polished as Deng, but he probably has a higher ceiling.

As for Redick, I don't want him anywhere near the Bulls. He's going to be a one trick pony in the pros. He's not going to be driving on NBA 2 guards, and he's not going to get all the calls either. Plus you still have the suspect defense, height deficiency, and somewhat suspect ballhandling we currently have with Gordon. He's probably the next Steve Kerr, not the next Reggie Miller. Gordon is a lot more athletic, can actually drive, and is a bit better as a ballhandler. If we were going to trade Gordon, I'd much rather replace him with a bigger 2 guard like Rush, Roy, or Ager. Plus if we were still going to take an undersized 2 guard I'd rather have Foye, who's a better defender and ballhandler that can penetrate more effectively.
bulls91
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 18 2006, 11:01 PM)
That package isn't going to be enough for Garnett. They'd minimally need to add a 1st round pick or two, and possibly give up either Deng or Hinrich. They're not just going to give us one of the best players in the league.

Drafting Aldridge is definitely a good move, but it might not be possible. If we were to include Deng in a trade for Garnett, we could draft Gay. He's not as polished as Deng, but he probably has a higher ceiling.

As for Redick, I don't want him anywhere near the Bulls. He's going to be a one trick pony in the pros. He's not going to be driving on NBA 2 guards, and he's not going to get all the calls either. Plus you still have the suspect defense, height deficiency, and somewhat suspect ballhandling we currently have with Gordon. He's probably the next Steve Kerr, not the next Reggie Miller. Gordon is a lot more athletic, can actually drive, and is a bit better as a ballhandler. If we were going to trade Gordon, I'd much rather replace him with a bigger 2 guard like Rush, Roy, or Ager. Plus if we were still going to take an undersized 2 guard I'd rather have Foye, who's a better defender and ballhandler that can penetrate more effectively.

Roy was my other option for the second first round but i thought that he would be gone by then i would rather have Roy because he could be the next Wade he is that good. snr.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 18 2006, 09:01 PM)

Let's put it this way...the only way we're going to get Garnett is if he requests/demands a trade. In that case, it will come down to who can put together the package that Minnesota likes the best. Given the fact that a majority of other teams will need to have Minnesota take equal salary due to being over the cap, and the fact that we have a ton of young pieces and draft picks, we could put together one of the best packages.

But the fact is...if Minnesota wants to get equal value for KG, they're never going to trade him, because there's basically no one who can give them equal value. So the question is not whether or not Minnesota would just want to give him up, the question is what they'll get if KG forces Minny to give him up.
bulls91
who is in dire need of a PF in the nba right now i was thinking that if we trade sweetney because he is no help on the bench trade him for a second round pick along with othell because he does not want to be in chicago anymore anyways they are both wasted money and then we could draft some one that is a lot younger then herrington that wants to be here. i was thinking of the guy from LSU Glen Davis he would be a younger harrington but a little shorter but again he is olny a SO. so he has time to grow more like luol dang did last year he grew one inch last year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.