Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Duhon and Pargo have got to go!!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
They both turn the ball over way too much and give us absolutley nothing. Duhon cant shoot at all. Alls he does is play defense and pick up fouls. Pargo can only shoot and when his shot is off he is a liablilty on just about everything.

In the Offseason we must pickup a FA gaurd wether its a PG or SG,preferably a PG to backup Kirk. But if Kirk Gets in foul trouble then were screwed from the beginning cuz we dont have ne thing to help us out.
WHarris1
Turnovers is hardly a problem for those 2.

Duhon is 10th in the league in AST/TO ratio
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 19 2006, 03:27 PM)

And on top of that, Duhon is a fabulous defender and great leader on the court. There is a reason he has been starting in both of his NBA seasons and Pargo is a spark off the bench, they should both be retained.
HoofHearted
This is almost as bad a suggestion as moving Deng to PF. blink.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 19 2006, 03:27 PM)

Thats becuase Duhon is not a starter, and he may have been able to lead Duke in college but its Different in the NBA, Like I said Duhon can play Defense and that is it. We need a guy that does it on both ends. I think we should go after Speedy Claxton at the end of this year.

And Pargo is a shooter, he is the complete opposite of Duhon, never plays defense, turns the ball over and is only productive if his shot is on.
The Gladiator
Guys im srry, I have posted too many topics on this board. I wish some of them would dissapear cuz they have been on here too long, like the Illini one and the Game prediction. Ill try not to post topics as much. biggrin.gif
B-4-Bulls
Yes I agree, but Duhon will probably stay, he is a "Skiles/Paxson" Type player biggrin.gif
Timoperezrulez
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 19 2006, 03:15 PM)
They both turn the ball over way too much and give us absolutley nothing. Duhon cant shoot at all. Alls he does is play defense and pick up fouls. Pargo can only shoot and when his shot is off he is a liablilty on just about everything.

In the Offseason we must pickup a FA gaurd wether its a PG or SG,preferably a PG to backup Kirk. But if Kirk Gets in foul trouble then were screwed from the beginning cuz we dont have ne thing to help us out.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about, Duhon is like our only guard who does not turn the ball over consistantly. His job is not to shoot, its to run the offense. I think he is a legit backup point guard.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 19 2006, 05:51 PM)
Dude, what the hell are you talking about, Duhon is like our only guard who does not turn the ball over consistantly. His job is not to shoot, its to run the offense. I think he is a legit backup point guard.

The thing about that though...is that the same things which make us want to keep Duhon (low salary, low turnovers, etc.) make him valuable to other teams too. And right now, we have a glut of small guards. Especially if we manage to pick up a 2 guard without finding a taker for Gordon in the offseason, we may not have a place to give Duhon a lot of playing time next year.
madisonsmadhouse
I really think Gordon will get dealt before Duhon goes... I think Du fits Skiles style much better, and doesn't need as much PT as Gordon to keep his game going at full strength. He is an asset off of the bench, and doesn't have a problem with playing there. Plus Gordon has some trade value, where as Du really does not.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20 2006, 08:54 AM)
I really think Gordon will get dealt before Duhon goes... I think Du fits Skiles style much better, and doesn't need as much PT as Gordon to keep his game going at full strength. He is an asset off of the bench, and doesn't have a problem with playing there. Plus Gordon has some trade value, where as Du really does not.

I agree that they'd like to deal Gordon first...but that means someone would have to be willing to give up something of equal value for Gordon, and given that I think everyone would agree he's had a down 2nd season, I don't think that's going to happen right now. Duhon's name was floated in those Drew Gooden/Cleveland rumors a while ago wasn't he?
BV1998
wow lets give duhon a chance, hes only a sophmore, lets see him develope a bit more before we start to ship him out. haven't you people learned nothing from past trades the Bulls have made
hammerhead johnson
Duhon is an invaluable bench player on a championship caliber squad, IMO. His smarts and hustle are very underrated by a shitload of Bulls fans and the vast, vast majority of NBA fans in general.
Rowand44
The Chris Duhon's of the world are exactly the type of role players needed to win a championship.
soxfan101
as long as people understand he is a bench player I dont mind keeping him.... just keep him away from starting.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 19 2006, 01:15 PM)

I have long been a Pargo supporter, but he's been getting too many minutes as of late and he takes too many poor shots for one of our last players off the bench. That said Pargo is a good shooter, but he's been awful this year (sans a few games). Him and Gordon are similar players, but Gordon is the better scorer and shooter and obviously has a bit more size.

Pargo is horrendous on defense and most of the time he seems to end any offensive rhythm we have with a poor shot selection.

As far as Duhon goes I believe he should be our main bench point guard with Hinrich getting the bulk of the minutes at PG (meaning Hinrich plays 30 minutes at the 1 maybe 5 at the 2). Duhon is good defensively and has improved his 3 point shot. He's a good perimeter passer, but what frustrates me is his lack (at this point) of any consistent jumper and his inability to finish on drives. Typically he drives in and either misses a layup or forces a pass outside on a drive which results in a turnover.

Gordon struggles with his drives inside, but he can at least hit his giant killer from time to time (although his passing on a drive is poor). Hinrich can drive and kick or create a foul/shot. By far he's the guy I want distributing the ball and driving (he should get more respect and calls though).

Pargo = LONG GONE this off-season.
Duhon = Keeper if Gordon is dealt; However, I could see Duhon getting dealt.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 19 2006, 01:40 PM)
Thats becuase Duhon is not a starter, and he may have been able to lead Duke in college but its Different in the NBA, Like I said Duhon can play Defense and that is it. We need a guy that does it on both ends. I think we should go after Speedy Claxton at the end of this year.

And Pargo is a shooter, he is the complete opposite of Duhon, never plays defense, turns the ball over and is only productive if his shot is on.

Its nice to be able to bring a guy that can play the type of defense Duhon does off the bench. Plus he can run your bench unit.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 19 2006, 01:53 PM)
Guys im srry, I have posted too many topics on this board. I wish some of them would dissapear cuz they have been on here too long, like the Illini one and the Game prediction. Ill try not to post topics as much. biggrin.gif

Don't worry, its great that your enthusiastic about this squad. I'm really excited to see what this team does over the off-season cause we should be seeing some fun things in Chicago over the next few years (including next year).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 21 2006, 04:04 PM)
Pargo = LONG GONE this off-season.
Duhon = Keeper if Gordon is dealt; However, I could see Duhon getting dealt.

Depending on how FA and the draft go, I would hate to see Gordon stay and Duhon go. Especially if we draft another SG or trade for one. Gordon is far too inconsistent and not much of a defender. Duhon is one of my favorite Bulls at the moment. They bot hhave good trade value though.

I agree with you on Pargo. He'll hit one, get greedy and then take 3 bad shots in a row. He is Jamal Crawford-esque.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 21 2006, 02:10 PM)
Depending on how FA and the draft go, I would hate to see Gordon stay and Duhon go. Especially if we draft another SG or trade for one. Gordon is far too inconsistent and not much of a defender. Duhon is one of my favorite Bulls at the moment. They bot hhave good trade value though.

I agree with you on Pargo. He'll hit one, get greedy and then take 3 bad shots in a row. He is Jamal Crawford-esque.

I'd love to package Gordon for Jermaine O'Neal. I'm a huge O'Neal fan and I think teams could get him at a discount since he's coming off an injury. Plus Indiana has to be seriously contemplating some sort of adjustment to that team.
bulls91
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 19 2006, 04:44 PM)
Yes I agree, but Duhon will probably stay, he is a "Skiles/Paxson" Type player biggrin.gif

if you have ever met him in person you would want him to stay also he started over half the games last year because of his good D. i will admit that he is not that good of a shooter but that will come in time.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:10 PM)

remember that there were a few teams intrested in him last year and there are proably still some out there.
bulls91
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 21 2006, 04:12 PM)
I'd love to package Gordon for Jermaine O'Neal. I'm a huge O'Neal fan and I think teams could get him at a discount since he's coming off an injury. Plus Indiana has to be seriously contemplating some sort of adjustment to that team.

you got that from my post right. it is a good posibility that he will go to a different team this year but it might not be the bulls thought. sad.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:10 PM)

lol "He is Jamal Crawford-esque" you are right he is. if gordon is traded i would like to see either Brandon Roy, Ronnie Brewer, Mardy Collins they are all solid defenders and they also can all shoot the ball and least of all they can all play PG and SG so it gives us lots of versitility.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 03:35 PM)
you got that from my post right. it is a good posibility that he will go to a different team this year but it might not be the bulls thought. sad.gif

Actually those were the names that made sense and than after posting it I saw your post. I'm with ya on that proposal.

I think it would be a rather fair deal, but thats assuming that the Pacers are looking to make some adjustments and that the trade value will be a bit lower due to his injury (as well as the Pacers being interested in the salary cap relief we could offer).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.