Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A lineup Change maybe?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
B-4-Bulls
Hey guys its my first post here and I was wondering, I dont like How Malik Allen is playing as a starter right now so, Do you think its possible that Nocioni or Schensher may start sometime down the road this season?

IMO Schensher is a good 6th man right now for this particular team, and Noc COULD be a good starter but not as our PF, therefore Schensher may have to start. So What do you guys think?
madisonsmadhouse
Noc makes the Bulls too small up front, and Schensher just sucks.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19 2006, 05:07 PM)
Noc makes the Bulls too small up front, and Schensher just sucks.

He doesnt Suck. Quite Frankly he is playing very well for a guy that signs a 10 day contract. I realize hes very slow but he is also shooting 84% from the field lol!! he has a nice touch and an average rebounder, he had 8 today. Malik just isnt a starter but then again who IS on this team?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 19 2006, 04:34 PM)
Hey guys its my first post here and I was wondering, I dont like How Malik Allen is playing as a starter right now so, Do you think its possible that Nocioni or Schensher may start sometime down the road this season?

IMO Schensher is a good 6th man right now for this particular team, and Noc COULD be a good starter but not as our PF, therefore Schensher may have to start. So What do you guys think?

First off, welcome aboard! Drinking.gif

Secondly, I don't think this team is actually putting a lineup out there to be competitive moreso than evaluating talent for next season.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 19 2006, 05:10 PM)
He doesnt Suck. Quite Frankly he is playing very well for a guy that signs a 10 day contract. I realize hes very slow but he is also shooting 84% from the field lol!! he has a nice touch and an average rebounder, he had 8 today. Malik just isnt a starter but then again who IS on this team?

This guy is a 7 footer, who didn't get drafted. That saids it all right there. 29 NBA GMs didn't think enough of this guy to pass on him 58 times in an era where there are maybe 10 legitimate centers in the entire NBA. I know the guy hit like 5 baskets in a 30 point blowout, but who cares. He has terrible hands, terrible defensive positioning, and can't rebound to save his life. At best Luke is a run of the mill 12th man.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19 2006, 06:19 PM)
This guy is a 7 footer, who didn't get drafted. That saids it all right there. 29 NBA GMs didn't think enough of this guy to pass on him 58 times in an era where there are maybe 10 legitimate centers in the entire NBA. I know the guy hit like 5 baskets in a 30 point blowout, but who cares. He has terrible hands, terrible defensive positioning, and can't rebound to save his life. At best Luke is a run of the mill 12th man.

Nonsense, Skiles even said he plays good defense and if skiles says that u know he MEANS IT! He is slow I know but hes shooting 9 for 12. I dont care who it is thats pretty good. He is here to stay IMO. I hope he stays on this team Next year too and be our backup Center or 2nd backup depending on wether we sign a Center. All in all I hope he can develop into a 8 and 6 guy off the bench maybe.
Timoperezrulez
O my goodness I am so sick of people talking about how good Luke fricken Schensher is. His foul to rebound ratio is terrible, he only shoots layups. He's no Luke Longley here people.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 19 2006, 06:48 PM)
O my goodness I am so sick of people talking about how good Luke fricken Schensher is. His foul to rebound ratio is terrible, he only shoots layups. He's no Luke Longley here people.

I never said he was good, I just think he is playing well. Alot better than people are willing to give credit to him for. Any size that he gives to this team is great and no I dont think hes the next Luke Longley but I just think we should give him a chance to start if we are clearly out of the playoffs this year. We pretty much are now but well, you get the point.
madisonsmadhouse
OK why would you want to start someone who isn't good huh.gif ?
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19 2006, 07:47 PM)
OK why would you want to start someone who isn't good huh.gif ?

Malik Allen isnt good. rolleyes.gif You should at least give him a chance. The guy hasnt done ne thing bad yet, and like ive said, start him if were out of the playoffs, just to see what he can do and if he could stay on the team NEXT year.
bulls91
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 19 2006, 07:53 PM)
Malik Allen isnt good. rolleyes.gif You should at least give him a chance. The guy hasnt done ne thing bad yet, and like ive said, start him if were out of the playoffs, just to see what he can do and if he could stay on the team NEXT year.

i agree that we should give him a chance to start having two 7 footers will only help not hurt the team.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 19 2006, 07:53 PM)

See there is the difference, I never said Malik Allen was good, he is just light years better than Luke. Like I said, the guy is 7'1" tall and got passed over 58 times by NBA general managers in the draft, and then didn't even get offered a free agent contract after the draft by a team. The best he could do was the NBDL, which is notoriously for guards, because big men are in such short supply in the NBA. If the kid had any ability at all, SOMEONE would have took a chance on him before now. Its not like we are talking about a 6'1" shooting guard, who you can find at any playground across the USA. There is a reason we have Luke on this team, and it isn't because we just got lucky and found a diamond in the rough... As a matter of a fact, I would be willing to guess, we don't see him on an NBA roster next season, let alone on the Bulls.
Timoperezrulez
We better not see him in a bulls uniform next year.
BV1998
I could care less what the starting lineup is this year, just so next years lineup is Hinrich, Gordon, Chandler, Deng, and Aldridge.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:54 AM)
See there is the difference, I never said Malik Allen was good, he is just light years better than Luke. Like I said, the guy is 7'1" tall and got passed over 58 times by NBA general managers in the draft, and then didn't even get offered a free agent contract after the draft by a team. The best he could do was the NBDL, which is notoriously for guards, because big men are in such short supply in the NBA. If the kid had any ability at all, SOMEONE would have took a chance on him before now. Its not like we are talking about a 6'1" shooting guard, who you can find at any playground across the USA. There is a reason we have Luke on this team, and it isn't because we just got lucky and found a diamond in the rough... As a matter of a fact, I would be willing to guess, we don't see him on an NBA roster next season, let alone on the Bulls.

I wouldnt say Allen is that much better than Shenscher. I am just willing to try anything at this point now that were pretty much out of the playoffs if we lose about 4-5 more games maybe less. I dont care how many teams past on him, the fact of the matter is, we have him on our team now and he is producing for only being in limited minutes.

I just think if he keeps this up, we should give him a good chance to come back next season in the summer.
The Gladiator
hey man, im diggin the avatar. I love that movie!! I saw it Friday its my 2nd favorite movie next to Starwars Episode 3 biggrin.gif !!
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 19 2006, 06:29 PM)
Nonsense, Skiles even said he plays good defense and if skiles says that u know he MEANS IT! He is slow I know but hes shooting 9 for 12. I dont care who it is thats pretty good. He is here to stay IMO. I hope he stays on this team Next year too and be our backup Center or 2nd backup depending on wether we sign a Center. All in all I hope he can develop into a 8 and 6 guy off the bench maybe.

Napolean is an ATROCIOUS defensive player and a below average rebounder at best. When he's in there, the opposing team can pretty much score at will in the paint, and they get second chance opportunites left and right, which can just demoralize our entire team as a whole.

If he's getting meaningful minutes for you, then one of the Paxson brothers is most likely your GM. I can spit and hit someone who could come up with a better back-up plan at center than John Paxson. We can't put Tyson back at PF and we have not even one half-assed NBA big man to take pressure off of him, let alone a competent big man. It's completely pathetic. This is not to mention that he drafted Ben Gordon with the #3 overall pick when he already had an SG in Hinrich. And if he saw Hinrich as a PG in the long term, why draft a 6'1 SG? And why cut Trenton Hassell in favor of Linton Johnson? Jerry Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault, so we might be fucked in the short term if Paxson's past moves and overall plan of attack are any indication. Maybe Isiah Thomas will bail him out, I dunno.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 20 2006, 05:06 PM)
I wouldnt say Allen is that much better than Shenscher. I am just willing to try anything at this point now that were pretty much out of the playoffs if we lose about 4-5 more games maybe less. I dont care how many teams past on him, the fact of the matter is, we have him on our team now and he is producing for only being in limited minutes.

I just think if he keeps this up, we should give him a good chance to come back next season in the summer.

Dude, we are not pretty much out of the playoffs. We are 2.5 out, with 2 games left against Philly. The Bulls are a decent hot streak away from being possibly even the 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs. This isn't the time to experiement with goofy white dudes in the line up.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 20 2006, 05:59 PM)
Napolean is an ATROCIOUS defensive player and a below average rebounder at best. When he's in there, the opposing team can pretty much score at will in the paint, and they get second chance opportunites left and right, which can just demoralize our entire team as a whole.

If he's getting meaningful minutes for you, then one of the Paxson brothers is most likely your GM. I can spit and hit someone who could come up with a better back-up plan at center than John Paxson. We can't put Tyson back at PF and we have not even one half-assed NBA big man to take pressure off of him, let alone a competent big man. It's completely pathetic. This is not to mention that he drafted Ben Gordon with the #3 overall pick when he already had an SG in Hinrich. And if he saw Hinrich as a PG in the long term, why draft a 6'1 SG? And why cut Trenton Hassell in favor of Linton Johnson? Jerry Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault, so we might be fucked in the short term if Paxson's past moves and overall plan of attack are any indication. Maybe Isiah Thomas will bail him out, I dunno.

Thank you Hammer. Please post more often! cheers.gif Also don't forget the guy is playing garbage minutes against garbage players, while Allen is putting up his numbers against real, live, NBA centers. There is a big difference there. Damn I get the chills thinking about someone like Shaquille getting 30 minutes against Luke. unsure.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 20 2006, 03:59 PM)
If he's getting meaningful minutes for you, then one of the Paxson brothers is most likely your GM. I can spit and hit someone who could come up with a better back-up plan at center than John Paxson. We can't put Tyson back at PF and we have not even one half-assed NBA big man to take pressure off of him, let alone a competent big man. It's completely pathetic.

Ok, now this one is one spot where I have to disagree with you. Last year, Pax got put, through no fault of his own, in a totally untenable situation. His key inside scoring presence, the guy who we were hoping to develop to work alongside Chandler for the next 5 years, doing the scoring while Chandler did the rebounding and defensive work, came down with an unexpected heart condition.

After a couple months of angry debating between the team and Curry, it was pretty obvious to anyone that Curry wasn't going to sign a long term deal with the Bulls, and even beyond that, the odds were that if he stayed in Chicago he'd end up getting what we now call the Tim Thomas treatment.

So Pax took this mess, with a player who was almost certainly gone at the end of 06 and who probably wouldn't even be playing for us right now if we had held onto him, and turned it into 2 "Top of the first round" type draft picks, at least 1 of which looks to be in the top five and possibly the top 1-2 this year. And he did that without having to sacrifice an iota of salary cap space, which we still have open this year. If the Knicks improve next year it won't be such a huge steal, but the fact is he took an unwinnable situation and managed to get a top 5 draft pick out of it.

The sacrifice Pax had to make? Well, he had to take a step back this year, a step back that was probably going to be taken anyway after Curry's heart problems came up, since he would have been inactive anyway.

Was there anything else Pax could have done? Doesn't look like it to me. Can you point me at a free agent center who moved last season who could have provided us an inside scoring threat? I sure can't. Especially one that would only sign for the mid-level exemption, which was the only slot the Bulls had last offseason.

So instead of us having sat through a season down from 04-05 and only having salary cap room, now thanks to Pax's dealings, we're sitting through the same season we would have had, but in addition to the top level cap room, we're staring at 2 lottery picks this year, and almost certainly a lottery-level pick next year, unless we deal them for that scoring threat you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.