Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Bad do we Want Aldridge?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Well, lets say this is official... The Raptors WILL trade down(again, just pretending)....And lets say its official, the other team wants Aldridge and he will go first overall. Well, Paxson saw LAs workouts and was impressed.. he really feels that this guy fits in right now w/ the bulls. Both right now, and for the future.

Paxson also tells Alridge that he will do whatever he needs to do in order to get him. Both Aldrige, and Pax are happy about this. Every1 is Happy!

So Paxson makes a call to Toronto...

"Hey Mr. Colangelo, its me, the best GM in the league... The guy who should have won the-"
"Ahhh i know who you are... John Paxson... what can i do for you?" replies BC.
"well, ive heard that you will be shopping the pick... and i really need Alridge. So i was thinking this... How bout we switch the 2nd overall, and 16th, for your 1st and your second round pick? (35th ovrall)... That way you can still get Bargs, the guy you want, and you can get a nice player in the 16th, compared to the the 35th..."
"Wow, thats a very nice, genorous offer there Pax"...
"Yeah whatever, just get me Aldridge"...

Soooo... Would it be okay w/ you guys if Paxson did something like this? Or would you guys be upset?

I guess i wouldnt mind taking Bargs... but there's still a lot of question marks w/ him... And as far as Thomas goes... WAY Too many questions about him too.
maggsmaggs
The only offer I would make would be Duhon and the 2 for the number 1 pick (and that is still giving up a lot). I really think, though, that if Toronto stays number one they will pick Bargnani. So, I would risk staying in the two hole.
TeaLeafReaderII
meh... Aldridge would be pretty sweet... but I wouldn't give up to much for him...

he isn't that much better than Barg or Thomas.
Balta1701-B
Duhon + the 2nd pick for the first pick and a 2nd rounder? I'd be open to that, especially given Duhon's injury history and the possible availability of Jay Williams (who I'd still pick up if I were the GM just to see what he had left). But the 16th pick is too much IMO.
madisonsmadhouse
For a guy that isn't a guarenteed star (I don't think there is one in this draft) that is an awful lot to give up.
bullkirk
WE CANT TRADE DUHON UNTIL AUGUST!!!and aldridge will be a bust
RememberThe90's
If the Bulls want Aldrige here is what they do.

1) Good news is I don't think he wants to play in Toronto. He could pull a Steve Francis
when back in 1999 Francis said the he would not play in Vancouver.
If Aldridge declines to workout and cooperate with Toronto I doubt they will take him.

2) The Bulls have to sell the fact that they will take Bargani if Aldridge is gone.
Otherwise Toronto will maybe attempt a trade down with Portland.
Unless Toronto will be willing to settle for Morrison or Roy(both fill needs) but it seems obvious that they want either Bargani or Aldridge.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2 2006, 10:56 AM)
For a guy that isn't a guarenteed star (I don't think there is one in this draft) that is an awful lot to give up.

Yeah it is a lot to offer IMO... But i guess it is a "sure way" we can get him.... And again. im just saying that if it does turn out to be like some people think it might (Toronto trading down and another team lands Aldridge w/ the 1st pick).... Im not saying this will happen, but lets say if it did. Should Paxson do this?

Anyways, i really feel that Alridge is our guy right now. Bargs isnt a true PF right now, more on the SF-PF side right now. the guy is gonna need like 2 more years to get some strength and bang w/ the big Boys.

Same thing w/ tyrus. Right now he's on the SF/PF side. And who knows if he will develop an offensive game... I believe that a guy must have a lot of skills if he comes into the NBA and is destined to be a great player in this league. To me, usually a player only needs to polish up his skills when they enter the NBA. And to me, the're too many Questions about if Tyrus will ever develop a "tru" offensive game. And i dont like the idea of having Chandler and Tyrus out there... and what if we sign Ben Wallace blink.gif

To me, there are too many reasons why Alridge is the right guy for the Bulls. I wouldnt mind taking bargs, but i know that he will take longer to be productive here in the NBA. To me, Alridge is best big man thats able to contribute for the Bulls right away compared to the other guys. I really believe that if we want to be a really good team next year, Alridge is the way to go. (the other big men probably wont see as much playing time as him) I dont see any free agents having a huge impact here w/ the bulls except for Ben Wallace... but who knows if he will ever leave Detroit... we cant count on him being here.
ZoomSlowik
I don't know if it's really worth moving up in this draft. None of these guys are can't miss prospects. Aldridge or Bargnani would work fine, I don't think it's really worth giving up the other pick or a useful player in this case.
sport1016
I would absoluetely do that trade IF the raptors were trying trade down with someone that would take aldridge (keeping in mind them trading to 3,4,5 means probably no bargs bc we'd take him)

the 2nd and the 16th for the 1st and 35th

I think we can definately grab our defensive 2guard via free agency (deshawn stevenson, doug christie?, and others, trade for Pietrus?)

Because the draft is near we have all been overestimating the quality of a guy picked at #16 in a weak draft.

Toronto can get bargs and a pg like rondo or farmar or lowry and BULLS get aldridge and then at 35 take the best big guard on the board (someone like ager COULD slide outa the 1st round) or take a project big man

sene might slip or splitter might fall or grab someone solid like james augistine (the next udonis haslem)!

The nice thing about #35 is that its not a guarenteed contract so we have more freedom with our roster when we pursue free agents or sign and trades.

GOOD TRADE IDEA
The Gladiator
Then we go TYRUS THOMAS
bulls91
not both our first round picks i would do #2 pick then give them sweets and pargo sence we do not need both of them they are a wast of cap room they never get playing time and pargo does not want to stay here.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 2 2006, 03:30 PM)
I would absoluetely do that trade IF the raptors were trying trade down with someone that would take aldridge (keeping in mind them trading to 3,4,5 means probably no bargs bc we'd take him)

the 2nd and the 16th for the 1st and 35th

I think we can definately grab our defensive 2guard via free agency (deshawn stevenson, doug christie?, and others, trade for Pietrus?)

Because the draft is near we have all been overestimating the quality of a guy picked at #16 in a weak draft.

Toronto can get bargs and a pg like rondo or farmar or lowry and BULLS get aldridge and then at 35 take the best big guard on the board (someone like ager COULD slide outa the 1st round) or take a project big man

sene might slip or splitter might fall or grab someone solid like james augistine (the next udonis haslem)!

The nice thing about #35 is that its not a guarenteed contract so we have more freedom with our roster when we pursue free agents or sign and trades.

GOOD TRADE IDEA

I agree with you smile.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 2 2006, 04:54 PM)
not both our first round picks i would do #2 pick then give them sweets and pargo sence we do not need both of them they are a wast of cap room they never get playing time and pargo does not want to stay here.

I would like giving up sweets more too.. but im not sure how much they value sweets. huh.gif
The Dude Abides
I wouldnt mind trading up to get LA, but that would not be equal value giving up the 16th pick. I agree with the idea of giving up duhon and the 2nd pick...but I really like Du as a backup pg....

If LA went 1st...I would take bargs 2nd and keep our players and picks. Thomas has upside, but he has a chance to be another chandler, which terrifies me.
Bullies4Life
^ Bulls cant trade Duhon to the raptors until August... So we cant trade him during the draft night.... This means Duhon cant be included in any deals w/ the Raptors bullssmilie1.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.