Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When Will The Bulls win another Championship?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
B-4-Bulls
I say 5 years
Timoperezrulez
I voted 3, by then our core will be veterans and we will win it.
Balta1701-B
It's so hard to win a title even if everyone matures at exactly the same time, that I'm still voting "More". I think if the plan goes right in 2-3 years we have a shot at the finals, but who knows if we'll pull it off.
BV1998
6-8 years is a good estimate, the Bulls are such a young team and if they stay together for a few more years thell be a force in the playoffs and compete untill they finally get past the conference championship and win. The might even sign a big name free agent by then as well.
ZoomSlowik
I'd say about 5. By then Chandler, Hinrich and Deng (and Gordon if he's still around) should be established, savvy veterans, and our high draft picks from the Knicks for the next two years should have some time to develop. This could be accelerated a bit if we sign or acquire a big time FA.
hammerhead johnson
With a big man rotation of Chandler, Oden, and Aldridge? pray.gif

Isiah, don't fail me now.
madisonsmadhouse
At the rate the Bulls are going, it won't be anytime in the near future, unless they luck into Oden, who pans out more like Shaquille than Kwame.
Da Bulls 88
No time soon. They still suck. mecry.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Mar 21 2006, 03:21 PM)
No time soon. They still suck. mecry.gif

I disagree. Withouth too much homerism, I don't think the Bulls "suck" per say but instead, I would place them in the 3rd tier of the NBA with the 4th tier being the bottom dwellers like the Knicks and Bobcats. Of course, the top tier is the Spurs, Pistons, Mavs, etc. They are not quite a playoff team but not necessarily a garbage team either.

I am really excited for the rest of the season and I really can't wait for the draft and free agency. With a few puzzle pieces, the Bulls can get back to greatness.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 21 2006, 03:31 PM)
I disagree. Withouth too much homerism, I don't think the Bulls "suck" per say but instead, I would place them in the 3rd tier of the NBA with the 4th tier being the bottom dwellers like the Knicks and Bobcats. Of course, the top tier is the Spurs, Pistons, Mavs, etc. They are not quite a playoff team but not necessarily a garbage team either.

I am really excited for the rest of the season and I really can't wait for the draft and free agency. With a few puzzle pieces, the Bulls can get back to greatness.

This team is too inconsistent for me to believe anything. John Paxson does absolutey nothing to bring a superstar here. We need a real center. Tyson Chandler doesn't impress me one bit. Keep guys like Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon & Deng around. I really like them. But please, get some real scorers here!!!
Chisoxfn
I think our time is soon (about 3 years till we are ready, depending on the improvement of this up-coming draft). I really think a few years from now we will be looking at what we did this off-season (especially in the draft) as the reason why (or why not) this team reaches the finals.
bulls91
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 20 2006, 06:02 PM)
With a big man rotation of Chandler, Oden, and Aldridge? pray.gif

Isiah, don't fail me now.

i have nover heard of oden who in the hel1 is he.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 10:03 PM)

hes in highschool now, hes a 7'0 Senior and is supposably the next "Big" thing and Is going to Ohio State next year and then will most likely come out for the draft and be the First Pick. And if the Knicks suck again we can flip our pick with theres and it could lead us to ODEN!!!
bulls91
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 10:03 PM)

why did i ask that i do not know what i was thinking.
bulls91
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 21 2006, 10:05 PM)
hes in highschool now, hes a 7'0 Senior and is supposably the next "Big" thing and Is going to Ohio State next year and then will most likely come out for the draft and be the First Pick. And if the Knicks suck again we can flip our pick with theres and it could lead us to ODEN!!!

thanks though
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 21 2006, 10:05 PM)

Getting Oden would be awesome... everytime he did something cool on the floor the UC would sound like the halls of Vahalla...

People would scream

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHDIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHN!
WhiteM0nkey
I think we have all the role players we need. I think were just 1 superstar away, Garnett or Wallace. And 1 year of playing together. We have all the hard to get pieces. We just need that superstar, its real easy to find a superstar. It’s a lot harder to find the nocioni’s, and the other “role players” headbang.gif bullssmilie1.jpg headbang.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WhiteM0nkey @ Mar 21 2006, 09:10 PM)
I think we have all the role players we need. I think were just 1 superstar away, Garnett or Wallace. And 1 year of playing together. We have all the hard to get pieces. We just need that superstar, its real easy to find a superstar. It’s a lot harder to find the nocioni’s, and the other “role players” headbang.gif bullssmilie1.jpg headbang.gif

Welcome aboard cheers.gif

I completely agree with you on the role players. However, I think this team needs to find a low post scorer and replace Gordon with a legitimate 2 guard. We do that and we'll be golden.
The Dude Abides
Deng, Nocioni and Hinirich are the keys to us winning a title, plus we need 2 real low post players which I am sure we will pick up this year. Chandler is a joke. It will take anyone we draft a couple years to fully develop, plus gell with everyone else....

I think the optimized linup would be hinrich at point, Deng at SG, Noch at SF...then we need to add a PF and C via draft and this offseason....
nitetrain8601
I say 6-8 years. Honestly I'm hoping by then. We have to stop having rotating players each season though. Every year we have at least 5 players who contributed the year before leave. We need to develop chemistry.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 23 2006, 08:25 PM)
Deng, Nocioni and Hinirich are the keys to us winning a title, plus we need 2 real low post players which I am sure we will pick up this year. Chandler is a joke. It will take anyone we draft a couple years to fully develop, plus gell with everyone else....

I think the optimized linup would be hinrich at point, Deng at SG, Noch at SF...then we need to add a PF and C via draft and this offseason....

i will change my thought to 2 years from now. also chandler is not the best player but he is a very good rebounder and then if we get a good low post player like eddy curry was with a little help form the draft to fill other needs in we will have a champion caliber team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.