Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zach Randolph can get 20 and 10
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
How amazing would the bulls be if they ended up with Roy and Zach Randolph on draft day?

Say what you will about randolph's lazy ways, but a fellow msu guy like skiles can take a guy like this and make him an all star. He's basically Jermaine oneal, except he isn't a mult-time all star in our division, which makes him more affordable and we have a more willing trade partner.

Jermaine Oneal would make us a contender, but the pacers will ask too much and probably wouldn't trade him in their own division. Randolph has put up VERY similar numbers but never got the all star nod stuck behind duncan, garnett, dirk, gasol, brand etc, and his team WANTS to get rid of him.

Also he has all the tools to be a solid defensive player once someone like skiles lights a fire under his ass.

He also complements tyson PERFECTLY. Tyson is tall, Randolph is 6'9. Tyson is lanky, randolph ways over 260 and is strong as hell. Tyson blocks shots, randolph SCORES IN THE POST AS WELL AS ANYONE. BOTH are excellent rebounders.

Trade the #2 and the #16 for the #4 and the Zach? Would we have to throw more in to make the deal work? His disgruntledness (not a word i suppose) lowers his value enough that this could work.

YES! A proven player who's seasoned but young enough we can contend for awhile. NOT TO MENTION ROY TO BOOT!
SoxFan1
While this is very enticing, I don't think the Blazers would do this deal without us giving them something more. Maybe Ben, maybe Deng, hopefully Sweetney.
The Dude Abides
I wouldnt go near randolf. He is not a skiles or paxson guy. He is a team cancer and would end up going the tim thomas route.
Bullies4Life
He sounds good... his numbers are nice and all... but i dont think we are going near this guy anytime soon... he had problems w/ Coach Nate. And im sure Pax and skiles dont want to deal w/ any of this...

If we got him, that would be nice... but it aint happening here in Chicago...
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 5 2006, 08:36 PM)
Trade the #2 and the #16 for the #4 and the Zach?

I highly, highly doubt Portand will do that deal.

They need alot of help everywhere and will take BPA on the board at 4.
bschmaranz
A douchebag who doesn't play defense.... sounds um... yeah.

fight.gif
madisonsmadhouse
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I met Zach when he was 16. He had an entourage of people who followed him around and told him how great he was... To this day, he believes every word of it. The guy has been in more trouble than most realize, including being involved in selling guns while in HS, but of course that got pretty well swept under the rug. The guy fights with teammates, coaches, and fans. He has no respect for anyone but himself, and that is including multiple runins with the law, even since his problems in HS. The guy doesn't play defense, doesn't hustle, and doesn't care. A guy like Randolph could destroy this team.

No thanks.
bschmaranz
Randolph gets caught street racing with two loaded guns in the car

Are we now done with the Zach Randolph love fest!?
sport1016
Randolph gets caught street racing with two loaded guns in the car

Are we now done with the Zach Randolph love fest!?

It said the guns were licensed.............

Now his trade value is even lower......YES! All I want is 16-18 and 8-10 in the post. And this is an affordable and guarenteed way to get it.

Didn't stop the bears from gettting Ricky Manning Jr............
Kalapse
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 8 2006, 08:37 PM)
It said the guns were licensed.............

Now his trade value is even lower......YES! All I want is 16-18 and 8-10 in the post. And this is an affordable and guarenteed way to get it.

Didn't stop the bears from gettting Ricky Manning Jr............

Probably because all Manning had in his past was an arrest for Assault the other spiff at the Denny's came after they signed him.
JPargo
If we did get him on draft day what would we have to give up? Our 16th pick and then probably Deng or Andres. I wouldn't mind getting him but i wouldnt want to give up and of our core players, I tihnk we should just stick drafting our big men getting a big man FA, and then trading for a SG.
sport1016
If not randolph, who else can we go after that meets our criteria.

Here's the classified ad the Bulls have out right now

Wanted: Veteran Big Man who with offensive prowess
Must be able to score 14-20 pts as a low post presence
Must be big enough to defend either the 4 or 5 spot
Experience a must, we don't need more kids
Must not be really really old, we want to contend for more than a couple years

Who in the NBA meets this criteria that would could trade for or sign? We could take the esat next year if we aren't relying on rookies. I would move both picks or trade down to acquire the player.

Can we make a list so we can see who is out there? Because besides guys we can't get Brand, Garnett, Jermaine oneal, dirk, duncan etc, i can't name TOO many vets that fit our criteria.

PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST OF POSSIBILITIES
Zach Randolph-ok, i guess that's over
Shareef Abdur Rahim- I wanted him last off-season, #2 for him and 07 1st rounder?
Chris Wilcox-sign and trade with seatle #2 and #16 for him and #10?
Jamaal Magloire-????
Kenyon Martin
Carlos Boozer
Wanne
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 5 2006, 08:36 PM)
How amazing would the bulls be if they ended up with Roy and Zach Randolph on draft day?

Trade the #2 and the #16 for the #4 and the Zach? Would we have to throw more in to make the deal work? His disgruntledness (not a word i suppose) lowers his value enough that this could work.

YES! A proven player who's seasoned but young enough we can contend for awhile. NOT TO MENTION ROY TO BOOT!

If Roy lasts till #4. I'd still stand pat and take him at #2.
sport1016
If Roy lasts till #4. I'd still stand pat and take him at #2

IF you do that, who do you go after this offseason to get you LOW POST SCORING

(hint: mouhammed, nene, or pryzbilla, while i'd like to sign them for their defense and bulk, do not satisfy that AT ALL. If we got them we'd still need to get an offesnive player)

Who do you want to get? Not seeing a lot of options out there..............
JPargo
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 9 2006, 01:14 AM)
PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST OF POSSIBILITIES
Zach Randolph-ok, i guess that's over
Shareef Abdur Rahim- I wanted him last off-season, #2 for him and 07 1st rounder?
Chris Wilcox-sign and trade with seatle #2 and #16 for him and #10?
Jamaal Magloire-????
Kenyon Martin
Carlos Boozer

Drew Gooden(FA)
Lorenzen Wright(FA)
Nenad Kristic(possibly trade Chris Duhon)

Those are the only other players i could think of. I dont think we would make a run at Kenyon because he does get ALOT of injuries.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (JPargo @ Jun 9 2006, 11:09 AM)
Drew Gooden(FA)
Lorenzen Wright(FA)
Nenad Kristic(possibly trade Chris Duhon)

Those are the only other players i could think of. I dont think we would make a run at Kenyon because he does get ALOT of injuries.

Kristic is highly unlikely. I'd be very surpised if the Nets dealt him, and it'd take more than Duhon.
madisonsmadhouse
Just to revisit this guy...

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/zach-randol...wyer-215824.php

It's A Nice Week To Be Zach Randolph's Lawyer
Zach Randolph's being sued... again. This time by Portland resident Robert Bacote, who accuses Randolph and Qyntel Woods of assaulting and harassing him because they believed he was the guy who alerted authorities to Qyntel Woods' charming dogfighting hobby.

There's really enough in this article to just cut and paste the whole damn thing, and you'd never be bored. Randolph is accused of striking the man in the chest, telling the guy that he would get "handled," and telling him later, "Where I come from we don't fish with snitches." Woods is accused of beating the man outside of Roseland Theater in 2004, with (naturally) Randolph standing nearby shouting, "Get him, dog. Get him." I guess you hear that a lot when you hang out with Qyntel Woods.

And there's more. It all revolves around a group of people associated with Randolph that call themselves "Hoop Family," that, you know... don't sound like the greatest guys in the world. Oh, and Randolph and/or the Hoop Family isn't officially accused of it, but Bacote's car was also shot up. Bacote's gone through hell, evidently, but the stray dogs of the greater Portland area are very appreciative.

The picture, by the way, was the best screen cap I could get of Zach Randolph showing off a picture he has of him meeting Nelson Mandela. Whatever Mandela told him... it just didn't sink in.

This is the second lawsuit against Randolph this month FWIW...
ZoomSlowik
It's a pretty moot point, I am confident that if we acquired Randolph either him or Skiles would not make it through the season. He's basically Eddy Curry with a lower field goal percentage, more rebounds, and more off the court headaches.

He's actually off to a nice start, averaging 26 points and 10.9 rebounds a game with a respectable 47.4 FG%. He's still a liability defensively and he's turning it over at an obscene rate for a big man though.

Between his work ethic (or I should say lack thereof), his off the court problems, and the obscene amount of money left on his deal (I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's in the $17 mil a year range with 4 or 5 years left), I don't really think he's a possibility.
hammerhead johnson
Wow, if only he had a brain...

He's a legitimate #1 scoring option down low, a great free throw shooter for his size, a damn good rebounder, a pretty good passer, etc. You could live with his terrible defense out of the PF slot if he is surrounded by players like Aldridge, Outlaw, Roy, and Jack.

Talk about a defensive powerhouse in the making. Portland has made some serious power moves in recent years, but if they expect to contend at some point in the future, Zach Randolph and Darius Miles need to be traded. You don't win with players like that.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Nov 20 2006, 02:00 PM) *
Wow, if only he had a brain...

You can pretty much sum it up right there...
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 20 2006, 11:51 AM) *
It's a pretty moot point, I am confident that if we acquired Randolph either him or Skiles would not make it through the season. He's basically Eddy Curry with a lower field goal percentage, more rebounds, and more off the court headaches.

He's actually off to a nice start, averaging 26 points and 10.9 rebounds a game with a respectable 47.4 FG%. He's still a liability defensively and he's turning it over at an obscene rate for a big man though.

Between his work ethic (or I should say lack thereof), his off the court problems, and the obscene amount of money left on his deal (I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's in the $17 mil a year range with 4 or 5 years left), I don't really think he's a possibility.

Heck, I'd do what it took to get Curry back or any of the Knicks bigs for that matter. We are truly desperate down low. Plus I have no problem with Curry (as long as he's healthy) because he gives us exactly what we need (low post offense).

With Curry we'd have a chance to win the title, without him I'd be stunned if we did and I wouldn't be shocked if we continued to flounder for a while (albeit I expect us to still be one of the better teams in the East).
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Id love to have Curry to although I dont think he has any pattion for the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.