Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is your most wanted Player in the draft?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
B-4-Bulls
I want to draft Carney SOOOOO BAD!!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
ME TOO!!
The Gladiator
Carney is a freakish Athlete and He is my most wanted player in the draft.
SoxFan1
Andridge is what the team needs. I also added an "other" option to the poll just in case.
madisonsmadhouse
A big man who can put up 20/8 every night... I don't care WTF his name is
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:06 PM)
A big man who can put up 20/8 every night... I don't care WTF his name is

i think that Roy will be the best option.
bulls91
i think that either gordon or hinrich will be traded this off season so Roy will give us a improvment in who ever leaves us.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:28 PM)
i think that Roy will be the best option.

While seeming like a pretty solid player, he isn't near the upgrade at guard that a top of the draft big man would be at either PF or C.
Timoperezrulez
Gay is just as good as Carney is already, and he is 2 years younger with WAY more potential.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 21 2006, 08:43 AM)
Gay is just as good as Carney is already, and he is 2 years younger with WAY more potential.

With big questions about his hustle and motivation already. That isn't good before the guy has ever made a dime.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21 2006, 09:48 AM)
With big questions about his hustle and motivation already.  That isn't good before the guy has ever made a dime.

Carney has a lot of the same question marks. The only real difference is that Gay is a bit more athletic (or at least more powerful, it's kind of hard to compare) and Carney is a better outside shooter.

As far as I'm concerned, it's gotta be Aldridge if we could get him. That's a perfect fit.
madisonsmadhouse
Absolutely it has to be Aldridge if the opportunity arises.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21 2006, 12:03 PM)
Absolutely it has to be Aldridge if the opportunity arises.

yep, we have two first rounders so we have lots to work with
Da Bulls 88
My man, J.J. Redick cool.gif
Chisoxfn
I've been glammoring it for a while, but its got to be Aldridge. The presence he could give this team in the low post (especially as he develops) would allow Tyson to potentially become the next Big Ben.

It would also improve our shooters and get us to the line more (since low post players tend to get to the line a bit more; especially compared with our guards). I also think this will give us a more consistent offense.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21 2006, 10:42 AM)
Carney has a lot of the same question marks. The only real difference is that Gay is a bit more athletic (or at least more powerful, it's kind of hard to compare) and Carney is a better outside shooter.

As far as I'm concerned, it's gotta be Aldridge if we could get him. That's a perfect fit.

Carney is Better than Gay no doubt and believe it or not Carney is a Skiles type player, most of you might not know this but Carney is said to be the Best Defender in The Tourny right now or at least top 5 as Jay Bilas said. He is the most athletic guy in the draft, I agree Gay probably has more potential since hes so young but the Bulls need an experienced guy that can come right out of College and perform in the NBA. Carney is the guy I want
bulls91
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 20 2006, 05:24 PM)
I want to draft Carney SOOOOO BAD!!

carny is a SF not a SG, or a C which are what we need. we are good with deng and noch at that position.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 05:45 PM)
carny is a SF not a SG, or a C which are what we need. we are good with deng and noch at that position.

hes playing the SG position right now in College. But he could play SF in the NBA. This is mostly why I think Deng could move to PF if he bulked up alot. Just a speculation, Im not really sure what position Carney would be better at cuz hes a good shooter and a great rebounder.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 21 2006, 03:51 PM)
hes playing the SG position right now in College. But he could play SF in the NBA. This is mostly why I think Deng could move to PF if he bulked up alot. Just a speculation, Im not really sure what position Carney would be better at cuz hes a good shooter and a great rebounder.

Deng doesn't have the body type to be a PF. However, its not out of the realm of possibilities for him to eventually develop a good enough shot to be a shooting guard.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 21 2006, 05:41 PM)
Carney is Better than Gay no doubt and believe it or not Carney is a Skiles type player, most of you might not know this but Carney is said to be the Best Defender in The Tourny right now or at least top 5 as Jay Bilas said. He is the most athletic guy in the draft, I agree Gay probably has more potential since hes so young but the Bulls need an experienced guy that can come right out of College and perform in the NBA. Carney is the guy I want

I can't say that I agree with that. Carney is a very similar player. Both of them are extremely athletic, both of them can disappear for long stretches, both of them have lapses in focus, and both of them float out on the perimeter too much. The only advantage that Carney has is his outside shooting, and that hasn't always been true. His shooting percentage has always been low on top of that. For someone with his kind of talent to shoot under 44% for his entire career should say something about his offensive style and efficiency. Gay is bigger, stronger, and generally more aggresive. He's also a bigger factor on defense because he has a bigger wingspan and can block shots. He's also a better mid-range shooter, something Carney doesn't really do, and consistently creates his own shot, something Carney often struggles to do.

When exactly did Carney become a good defender? I've seen him a lot and that isn't exactly his strong suit. Memphis as a whole doesn't really play much defense. I wouldn't be all that impressed with his defense to this point in the tourney anyways, they played Oral Roberts and Bucknell.

There's a reason that scouts are a lot more excited about Gay than Carney. Neither one is really projected to dominate right away, and Gay definitely has the higher ceiling. Also, neither of them is really a SG, which is what we need.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 21 2006, 05:51 PM)

No, he's not really playing SG in college. HE's typically playing on the wing with at least two other guards on the floor. In fact, Washington is playing more of a 2 guard position right now.

He almost certainly will be playing SF at the pros. It's hard to say if he's really quick enough to play against NBA SG's.

Since when is 4.3 rebounds a game great? huh.gif Even if you take his career high it's only 5.7.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.