Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what the bulls should do
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Theirishbull
The bulls should do this in the upcoming nba draft. how about this as a possiblilty the bulls trade BEn gordon to the New York Knicks for Channing Frye. Then take brandon Roy wiht the second overall pick and with the sixteenth pick take Muhammed Sair Sene and in Free agency take Al harrington and make him your Powerd Forward and sign Matt h arping for some veteran depth. I would make my lineup Hinrich, Roy, Deng, Al. Harrington, Channing Frye and then my bench would be duhon pHarpringjava script:emoticon(':dabulls'), nocioni, Songalia, and Saer Sene.
The Dude Abides
why?

Gordon is coming into his 3rd year. What happened the last time we traded someone we thought was undersized? He turned into an mvp candidate in LA. Aldridge has way more upside than Frye and Gordon is still developing. He still hasnt figured out his nba game yet. Let's keep this core and just build on it. We had too many fire sales during the 7 years of loosing. let's let this core develop at least 1 more year before breaking it up..
Theirishbull
Gordon is undersized and its not gonna work with him and kirk together in the back court plus ben is more of a point guard and thats what he would be on the knicks becuase most likely they will be getting rid of Staphon marbery.
Goldmember
either way, we should get roy with the 2. won't be cursing pax's name if we got aldridge instead, however...
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (Theirishbull @ Jun 10 2006, 12:47 AM)
Gordon is undersized and its not gonna work with him and kirk together in the back court plus ben is more of a point guard and thats what he would be on the knicks becuase most likely they will be getting rid of Staphon marbery.

Couple of things i disagree with...

-Ben Gordon is more of a SG... not a PG. He doesnt have that "point guard mentallity." He doesnt make quite as much plays for others as good point guards do.

-Yes Kirk and Ben can work together as the Bulls starting backcourt... The only problem this year was that The Bulls didnt have anyone on their roster that could consisntly guard the tall guards... Our PGs, Kirk and Du, where the ones who usually handled that... When the Bulls get a taller guard that can defend, everything will be okay. Kirk is capaple of guarding Sgs, and IMO is better at it than guarding PGs. I just dont want to see Kirk guard the Sgs all the time, throughout the whole game.

-And yes there are some players that give Kirk some problems while guarding some Sgs... but there are very few that actually post up against him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.