Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is your Offseason plan?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
just curious.
TeaLeafReaderII
watch some chicago baseball... follow the Bears training camp.
B-4-Bulls
ya I cant wait till the draft!! And then its Training Camp and Summer during that, then work sad.gif
scareybullsfan
I assume you mean for the Bulls?

If so, it's as follows.

Trade for Kevin Garnett. He is the key to the Bulls success. I personally think that the Bulls can get away with just giving up players like Chris Duhon and Mike Sweetney along with both of their 1st round picks this year.

Then look for depth at both guard spots. James Posey has an option on his contract so if he isn't with the heat next year he would be a nice addition as a defensive shooting guard. Jay Williams is supposedly making his comback next year and he may be an option at the point for depth if we don't have Pargo back next year. We could use some depth at PF/C with our second round draft pick. Paul Davis could fall that far and I wouldn't mind having him off the bench.

If this happens, I think the Bulls could be the best team in the East next year.
madisonsmadhouse
Draft wisely and look for a team wanting to dump a superstar to go into rebuilding mode.
Balta1701-B
If the Bulls can get Garnett without giving up Hinrich, Chandler, or Deng, do so immediately.

If the Bulls can Get Garnett while only giving up 1 of those 3...do so, but wait to make sure they don't come down, and be careful about it; all 3 have potential to be damn dominant in the right system.

If the Bulls can't get Garnett without giving up 2 of those 3, tell Minnesota to talk to someone else & look to the draft.

Find the best available talent to use our top-level Cap space on. If this is a trade, so be it. But do not dump any of those 3 unless it is for Garnett or someone near his caliber. Paul Pierce is not Garnett's Caliber.

Build through the draft. Priority #1 is a big man who can give you 20-8 or better a game. Aldridge is the most likely candidate. Priority # 2 is a 2 guard. He does not need to be a dominant scorer, although that's always nice, but defense at the 2 position should be the priority until we are able to trade Gordon.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (scareybullsfan @ Mar 21 2006, 11:18 PM)
I assume you mean for the Bulls?

If so, it's as follows.

Trade for Kevin Garnett. He is the key to the Bulls success. I personally think that the Bulls can get away with just giving up players like Chris Duhon and Mike Sweetney along with both of their 1st round picks this year.

Then look for depth at both guard spots. James Posey has an option on his contract so if he isn't with the heat next year he would be a nice addition as a defensive shooting guard. Jay Williams is supposedly making his comback next year and he may be an option at the point for depth if we don't have Pargo back next year. We could use some depth at PF/C with our second round draft pick. Paul Davis could fall that far and I wouldn't mind having him off the bench.

If this happens, I think the Bulls could be the best team in the East next year.

The first part is highly unlikely, and it's been discussed a lot in the other threads.

The second part makes a lot of sense. Posey would be a good addition, and someone like Davis makes some sense in the 2nd round.

Williams doesn't really have a place here unless we trade either Hinrich or Duhon, which I suppose is possible. Even an 80% Jay Williams is probably better than Duhon. If he's anywhere close to his old self athletically, I wouldn't mind doing that if he's affordable.

I'd really like to see us try to move Gordon and picks to get Pierce, O'Neal, or Garnett. Personally how much I'd give up depends on who it is. For Pierce or O'Neal, I'd probably deal Gordon, our two picks, and some filler at the most. Pierce would be a major upgrade but I don't think he puts us over the top. I'd hesitate if our pick could get us Aldridge, since that fills a major need. The same goes for O'Neal, since he is starting to become an injury risk. For Garnett, I'd deal Deng, either Gordon or the Knicks' pick, another first rounder, and filler. I think he has a real chance to put us over the top, although we'd have to fill in a bit if we dealt both of those players.
scareybullsfan
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 22 2006, 12:23 PM)
The first part is highly unlikely, and it's been discussed a lot in the other threads.

The second part makes a lot of sense. Posey would be a good addition, and someone like Davis makes some sense in the 2nd round.

Williams doesn't really have a place here unless we trade either Hinrich or Duhon, which I suppose is possible. Even an 80% Jay Williams is probably better than Duhon. If he's anywhere close to his old self athletically, I wouldn't mind doing that if he's affordable.

I'd really like to see us try to move Gordon and picks to get Pierce, O'Neal, or Garnett. Personally how much I'd give up depends on who it is. For Pierce or O'Neal, I'd probably deal Gordon, our two picks, and some filler at the most. Pierce would be a major upgrade but I don't think he puts us over the top. I'd hesitate if our pick could get us Aldridge, since that fills a major need. The same goes for O'Neal, since he is starting to become an injury risk. For Garnett, I'd deal Deng, either Gordon or the Knicks' pick, another first rounder, and filler. I think he has a real chance to put us over the top, although we'd have to fill in a bit if we dealt both of those players.

You know, I've been thinking alot about our discussion over the Garnett trade and I feel that I've left out one thing in the eqation. I do believe the Wolves are going to be looking to deal Garnett, but I didn't really think of how other teams will factor into it all. This of coarse will push the Bulls to put up the best possible deal and I concede that more will be needed to aquire Garnett.

So, Gordon, Sweetney, and both 1st round picks will look more like a deal to land KG. I really hate to see it too because I love what Ben Gordon does for the Bulls.
soxfan101
Id be kind of worried about acquiring Garnett.... His style of play requires so much energy and I think once age catches up he is going to decline pretty fast... And to me with the kind of young core we could bring through the draft and than another couple impact players in f/a. Id rather go w/out him.

Pierce or O'Neal would be nice but dont want to give away too much for them. Also it seems that Boston all of a sudden seems pretty dedicated to Pierce so I dont even know if he will be on the trading block.
bulls91
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 22 2006, 12:23 PM)

if we do that we would be giving up players who score over half of our points every night.
B-4-Bulls
Drafting Rodney Carney, and Randy Foye. Sign Al Harrington, Nazr Muhammed. Make the playoffs, get to the 2nd round.

Have at least one Bull Represented in the NBA Allstar game (i bet its Deng).

07- Draft Oden and make it to the Eastern Conference Finals
08- Make it closer in the ECF
09- WIN THE NBA FINALS!!!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 23 2006, 10:13 PM)
Drafting Rodney Carney, and Randy Foye. Sign Al Harrington, Nazr Muhammed. Make the playoffs, get to the 2nd round.

Have at least one Bull Represented in the NBA Allstar game (i bet its Deng).

07- Draft Oden and make it to the Eastern Conference Finals
08- Make it closer in the ECF
09- WIN THE NBA FINALS!!!

You know New York would really REALLY have to stink next season for us to get the #1 pick and draft Oden. laugh.gif
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (scareybullsfan @ Mar 23 2006, 03:04 AM)
So, Gordon, Sweetney, and both 1st round picks will look more like a deal to land KG. I really hate to see it too because I love what Ben Gordon does for the Bulls.

Yep, I love what Ben Gordon does for the Bulls as well. Like when he dribbles it off of his knee cap, or when he throws an awesome pass to a wide open man on the opposing team, etc. biggrin.gif

These are classic moments, and I wish that somebody out there would put together a DVD of Ben Gordon highlights. I would pay top dollar for that.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 23 2006, 10:55 PM)
Yep, I love what Ben Gordon does for the Bulls as well.  Like when he dribbles it off of his knee cap, or when he throws an awesome pass to a wide open man on the opposing team, etc.  biggrin.gif

These are classic moments, and I wish that somebody out there would put together a DVD of Ben Gordon highlights.  I would pay top dollar for that.

You've peaked my interest... so how much are you willing to drop on a Gordon lowlight real? cool.gif
Chisoxfn
Right now I"m really loving the idea of Paul Pierce or O'Neal. They are the star type players that you can center a championship team around, imo.

Obviously we would have to keep some of our pieces though and thats where things get shaky. I'll have more of a plan when we know what our pick is and who exactly is available and what teams are asking.
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23 2006, 10:20 PM)
You know New York would really REALLY have to stink next season for us to get the #1 pick and draft Oden. laugh.gif

you know Marbury despite his whinning actually did change his game this season the best he could and if they trade him and go with Francis... will there is a chance since he is a greedy bum they might be worse.

The only thing that might bring them to life is Channing Fyre.
SoxFan1
Now that I think about it, best case scenario is Gordon, Sweets, pick for Pierce and then Aldridge with the other pick. Then dip into the FA market and sign Nazr Mohammad and AD.

Kirk
Pierce
Deng
Chandler
Aldridge
Nocioni
Davis
Mohammad
Duhon
Harrington
Songaila
Piatkowski

That is a nice mix of veteran leadership and young talent. And it also is a good mix of guards and big men. Thats a well rounded playoff team to me.
Balta1701-B
After the way the folks in Boston have grown to like Pierce this year, I just don't see any of the deals suggested here being able to get him, unless he does a complete about face and requests a trade.

You might be able to get Garnett under market value because he may finally request a trade. That's what happened with Shaq - the Lakers got A** raped into taking Brian Grant's contract because Shaq demanded a trade. Unless Pierce does that, I just don't see him movin'.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 24 2006, 12:37 AM)
After the way the folks in Boston have grown to like Pierce this year, I just don't see any of the deals suggested here being able to get him, unless he does a complete about face and requests a trade.

You might be able to get Garnett under market value because he may finally request a trade. That's what happened with Shaq - the Lakers got A** raped into taking Brian Grant's contract because Shaq demanded a trade. Unless Pierce does that, I just don't see him movin'.

Well, there were some indications that Boston was actively trying to move him for a while there, but that changed when he went on a tear. It's starting to look like they won't trade him now.
Da Bulls 88
White Sox Baseball headbang.gif cheers.gif headbang.gif
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 24 2006, 12:07 AM)
Now that I think about it, best case scenario is Gordon, Sweets, pick for Pierce and then Aldridge with the other pick. Then dip into the FA market and sign Nazr Mohammad and AD.

Kirk
Pierce
Deng
Chandler
Aldridge
Nocioni
Davis
Mohammad
Duhon
Harrington
Songaila
Piatkowski

That is a nice mix of veteran leadership and young talent. And it also is a good mix of guards and big men. Thats a well rounded playoff team to me.

In that trade scenario, we'd probably have to give up the Knicks pick, correct? In that case, we wouldn't land Aldridge.

Also, if we go after Pierce or Garnett, there is just no way that the other team won't be asking for Deng. Ainge and McHale might be retarded (that dumbass Celtics connection), but they're not comatose.
nitetrain8601
I don't want Pierce, O'Neal or KG here. All 3 guys are going to cost us talent. I don't have a problem with that, but with the talent left, we'll still have lots of growing to do around Garnett. KG, Pierce and JO all want to win now and are at that point in their careers in which they're already developed and ready to win a championship. Our guys are at least 3 years off from doing that. PP, KG, and JO, would all help this team probably get to the 2nd round, but that's pretty much yet. We'll be stuck in mediocrity, we'll lose assets, and won't be able to acquire assets in the draft because honestly, you really don't get anyone worthwhile with the 16th pick for the most part(there are exceptions).

I have to wait to see what picks exactly we get and who's the final list of guys coming out to formulate a plan. My plan would definately include staying away from guys like Gooden, Al Harrington and Nene.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 24 2006, 12:07 AM)

Kirk
Pierce
Deng
Chandler
Aldridge
Nocioni
Davis
Mohammad
Duhon
Harrington
Songaila
Piatkowski

we could get AD right now his family which i know is already in chicago and the raptors released him the other day he is a good vetern and he would be willing to show aldridge a few moves and help him mature when he comes here.
bulls91
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 24 2006, 10:05 PM)
I don't want Pierce, O'Neal or KG here. All 3 guys are going to cost us talent. I don't have a problem with that, but with the talent left, we'll still have lots of growing to do around Garnett. KG, Pierce and JO all want to win now and are at that point in their careers in which they're already developed and ready to win a championship. Our guys are at least 3 years off from doing that. PP, KG, and JO, would all help this team probably get to the 2nd round, but that's pretty much yet. We'll be stuck in mediocrity, we'll lose assets, and won't be able to acquire assets in the draft because honestly, you really don't get anyone worthwhile with the 16th pick for the most part(there are exceptions).

I have to wait to see what picks exactly we get and who's the final list of guys coming out to formulate a plan. My plan would definately include staying away from guys like Gooden, Al Harrington and Nene.

i also agree with you i do not want to see any of them in a bulls uni it would be really nice but it will cost us to much talent. along with some really good talent in the draft that we would lose out on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.