Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Thabo Sefolosha Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Well, from looking at many mock drafts lately, ive seen way too many people that have him going at the 16th spot to us...

So i did a little research on this guy... this is all from DraftExpress.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1330

^ this link talks about his workout against other competition..

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=280#

^ this link tells about his strengths, weaknesses, and more...

So what do you guys like about him? Any1 intreseted in him? Is this the guy we are looking for, or should we pick up some1 else?
SoxFan1
What's with all the official threads? LOL.

But I would pass on this guy. And who we draft 16th depends on who we draft 2nd.
72-10
I read those (thanks by the way) and some other pieces on him and I think he sounds pretty good. Safe may not be the way to put it, but he does sound very talented and is the kind of guy we need: a tall guard who has a perimeter threat, but (at least it sounds like it) can also take it hard to the hoop and create his own shots or free throw chances there as well. What other taller guards fit these needs? (just curious)
sport1016
What about a trade for Michael Peitrus?

He's not getting many minutes behind J-Rich, so his value is low

but we almost drafted him over Hinrich for his DEFENSE

He could easily fill the role of defender and 3pt shooter off the bench who could make spot starts against the really imposing backcourts.
sport1016
This is ESPN Insider's scouting report by John Hollinger of Pietrus

Pietrus is an intriguing player because of his ability to defend and shoot 3-pointers, so it's puzzling that he didn't see more playing time. Offensively, he came on like gangbusters late in the season, shooting 6-for-6 on 3s in a late-season win over Phoenix and posting two 25-point games in April. He's developed a knack for shooting the long ball coming off a curl, and although his overall percentage on 3s was only 34.4 percent, he was making them at a much higher clip down the stretch.

Pietrus also has become much less passive offensively, as seen by the increase in his Usage Rate. He went to the rim more often and substantially improved his rate of free-throw attempts as a result. He's athletic enough to do damage on the drive, but needs to improve his off-the-dribble game and drop fewer passes. Additionally, his free-throw stroke needs work.

Long-term, Pietrus' best asset may be his defense. He's long, athletic, and can defend any of the perimeter positions, which should make him the team's stopper before long. Considering his offensive improvement, he's no longer a liability at either end of the floor, so he doesn't need to progress much further to claim a starting job.

Could we get him for the 16 and sweets? Could this be part of a bigger deal with troy murphy? Murphy, Pietrus, #9, for #2 and #16 and sweets? We could probably get patrick obryant.

I like the look of
Hinrch/Duhon
Gordon/Pietrus
Noc/Deng
Murphy/Chandler/Allen
Chandler/Obryant
madisonsmadhouse
Troy Murphy and/or Jason Richardson would be huge add ons for the Bulls. I'd love either of them.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 13 2006, 10:57 AM)
This is ESPN Insider's scouting report by John Hollinger of Pietrus

Could we get him for the 16 and sweets? Could this be part of a bigger deal with troy murphy? Murphy, Pietrus, #9, for #2 and #16 and sweets? We could probably get patrick obryant.

I like the look of
Hinrch/Duhon
Gordon/Pietrus
Noc/Deng
Murphy/Chandler/Allen
Chandler/Obryant

I seriously doubt we could get that package just for the picks. Maybe the two players or the pick and one of the players, but all three is doubtful. Plus, they're probably a lot more likely to deal Michael Dunleavy. He seems to be on the outs, and isn't as good as Richardson or Pietrus.
sport1016
I know they would rather move dunleavy, but they have to move one and dunleavy's contract isn't very appealing around the league right now.

For a team that thought they were gonna make the playoffs to fall so flat, they need to do some overhauling.

What about a complicated or three team deal?

We get Pietrus and #9 for the #2

Then we move the #9 and #16 to get as high as we can in order to get bargs, aldridge, or O'Bryant, whoever is left. The buzz is that O'Bryant, who is a little bit of a project, is showing a damn good offensive touch in workouts (he even has a sky hook)

We could probably get Atlanta's #5 (then we get a shot at bargs and definately could take O'Bryant) bc they want a pg and could easily move down and get him at #9, then grab someone like cedric simmons at #16.

I don't want to see two rookies playing significant minutes on this team next year. Any way to move at least one pick for a veteran is good.

Hinrich/Duhon
Gordon/Pietrus
Noc/Deng
Chandler/Sweets
Obryant/Allen
+free agents....

Is a solid lineup that could grow together. That's like a 4 seed next year. We'd be young, but only one rook, which is important I think
bulls91
i would ratther have Ager then him. i think that Ager will be a star some day and he just need a little more tune up on all of his skills and he will be just as good as Roy.
Bullies4Life
Check out his mesurements guys from Draft Express...

-6'7 w/ shoes
-207 lbs
-7'2 wingspan blink.gif

On a side note, he just workedout at MN w/ Roy, Gay and Shawne Williams and "reportedly had oustanding workout, losing only one of four games in the one on one competitive portion againsts the two likely top 10 picks." Ive heard how he kinda looks like Ronnie Brewer, a very athletic player that can guard multiple positions, and can handle the rock.

Oh yeah, heres a quick dunk by him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZkWHzR8O0&search=Thabo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.