Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Chicago Bulls Options..CBF..
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Chicago Bulls Options on the draft CBF....

By CBF your game/talkbulls writer

So the draft is just days away and were all ready to break out the popcorn and call over some of our buddies to watch on our 60 inch plasmas right? laugh.gif ok well maybe not 60 inch plasmas but you get the point.

I for one can not wait untill this draft begins. With so many options Bulls fans are left with plenty of questions on who the Bulls will select. Lets take a look at some of our options shall we?

-Lamarcus Aldridge: By picking this player, we would fill a definate need as someone who can score with his back to the basket in the low-post. A above average shot blocker who has an enormous wing span (7'5) I believe.

-Brandon Roy: This is a very interesting pick if we choose to select this kid. Does fill a need as a shutdown defender who is tall but how is he going to play enough minutes with Ben Gordon? Hmm.. I would most defenatley sense a trade if this would happen. Roy wouldnt really have to start but as time goes on you expect your number 1 draft pick (especially a top 5) To start sooner rather that later and that would make no room for Ben Gordon im afraid.

-Tyrus Thomas: Nobody really knows about this kid. Extremely Raw but is a freakish athelete with a high cieling. An Excellent shot blocker and terrific defender. He wasnt listed very tall (only about 6'7 and 3/4) so you would look to more of a SF position for him more than the 4 spot

-Rudy Gay: Enormous potential, best athelete in the draft but has an abundance of question marks that some teams may pass on. If he were to join the Bulls you would look for a trade to send Lu Deng or Noc out of town or you could just place him as your SG and let his athletiscm take its course.

-Trade: There is always a chance that we may trade the pick all together to move down or make a blockbuster deal for a player like Kevin Garnnet or Jermaine Oneal.

CBF's Big Board:
1. Lamarcus Aldridge
2. Rudy Gay
3. Adam Morrison
4. Brandon Roy
5. Tyrus Thomas
(Lol This isnt exactly a Big Board but Im sure you get the point)

Now that we have our options, lets take a look at each players question marks....

Lamarcus Aldridge- Is he strong enough to play at this level? Can he truley post up some of the bigger players in the league with his back to the basket?

Tyrus Thomas- What kind of offensive game can he develop? Can he shoot?

Rudy Gay- Does he have the desire to play? Can he shoot a consistent % from the field? Is he strong enough?

Brandon Roy- Consistency from the field?

With the kind of draft where there really isnt ONE player that makes a difference makes the draft that much more exciting IMO. I couldnt tell ya what the Bulls are going to do but if I had to guess I would say we take Lamarcus Aldrdige if hes still available although you never know what Paxson will do. What kind of draft do you think this will be? One to remember? One to forget? Or an average draft?
SoxFan1
Great post but I'm curious as to why you don't have Bargnani on your big board?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:19 PM)
Great post but I'm curious as to why you don't have Bargnani on your big board?

wow, Thank you for reminding me, I totally forgot about him banghead.gif he would defenatley be in the top 3. Im only guessing Toronto will take him with the Number 1 pick but if not, I would have Bargs as number 2 on my Big board
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 19 2006, 09:21 PM)
wow, Thank you for reminding me, I totally forgot about him banghead.gif he would defenatley be in the top 3. Im only guessing Toronto will take him with the Number 1 pick but if not, I would have Bargs as number 2 on my Big board

No problem. Personally, this is who I want the Bulls to pick. My big board is:

Andrea Bargnani
LaMarcus Aldridge
Brandon Roy
Tyrus Thomas
Shelden Williams
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:23 PM)

Andrea Bargnani
LaMarcus Aldridge
Brandon Roy
Tyrus Thomas
Shelden Williams

Yea I cant really comment too much on Bargnani cuz I have yet to see him play but based on what I have "Heard" He seems like he will be a very good player for years to come.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 19 2006, 09:38 PM)
Yea I cant really comment too much on Bargnani cuz I have yet to see him play but based on what I have "Heard" He seems like he will be a very good player for years to come.

Check out the Bargnani thread. There are quite a few videos in there. The guy looks good.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:23 PM)

Andrea Bargnani
LaMarcus Aldridge
Brandon Roy
Tyrus Thomas
Shelden Williams

im with you on this cool.gif
The Gladiator
I would go with Aldridge and if he is not available I would grab Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.