Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some good Alrdige stuff
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
RememberThe90's
Sorry if this was posted earlier..I didn't see it.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=+LaMar...8&vback=Results

Nice video clips...then a pretty good interview.

He was asked to compare is game to someone in the NBA...and LeMarcus said a cross
between Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett.

I'll say this...he's not lacking for confindence.

biggrin.gif
RememberThe90's
also there is alot of vids from yahoo sports...
here is the index page has all the prospects and vids

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/prospects
TeaLeafReaderII
I hope Pax doesn't pass on this kid.
HoofHearted
I still like him, but this shows his generic go to the basket game. He has the stuff and drive to get a lot done, and thats a good thing, because he has a lot to learn about low post scoring moves. Him and Tyson could both stand to learn a thing or two from Ewing and Hakim.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
His stuff was fairly less explosive. He really is not very athletic or explosive. I hope Pax or Skiles didnt fall in love with this guys "old-school" type style of game.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Jun 25 2006, 01:26 AM)
His stuff was fairly less explosive. He really is not very athletic or explosive. I hope Pax or Skiles didnt fall in love with this guys "old-school" type style of game.

Whos game is old school, because no low post moves isnt very old school, unless you include pre Dr.J and Stilt Wilt NBA era. I see a lot of players now having little to no low post moves, compared to the 60 to mid-90s greats.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 24 2006, 11:31 PM)
Whos game is old school, because no low post moves isnt very old school, unless you include pre Dr.J and Stilt Wilt NBA era. I see a lot of players now having little to no low post moves, compared to the 60 to mid-90s greats.

Aldridge has some decent moves down low, has good touch and most importantly he has the length to play PF and even center. He's willing to fight for position, but he needs to get stronger if he wants to go up against bigger centers or pf's (weight/strength wise).

The game is there and he has very good feel around the bucket. I think at worse he'll be a solid post guy and at best he could turn into one of the better all around bigs in the game.
HoofHearted
duplicate
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25 2006, 01:33 AM)
Aldridge has some decent moves down low, has good touch and most importantly he has the length to play PF and even center. He's willing to fight for position, but he needs to get stronger if he wants to go up against bigger centers or pf's (weight/strength wise).

The game is there and he has very good feel around the bucket. I think at worse he'll be a solid post guy and at best he could turn into one of the better all around bigs in the game.

Decent is the correct word. He showed that one good baseline hesitation+spin move in the video and that was it. It was IMO the same reason some big guys shut him down, he would try and go straight to the basket through their big bodies and look foolish. I really like his potential, and Im positive he could be cured of his straight to the basket ways in no time, all I said was he really needs to work at it, that much is true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.