Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eh! Luke! Piss off!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
TeaLeafReaderII
from espn
Raptors waive Antonio DavisAssociated Press

TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors waived Antonio Davis on Thursday, effectively ending a season in which the center was suspended for five games for climbing into the stands after his wife got into a confrontation with a fan in Chicago.

Davis missed the past 12 games after injuring his back in the third quarter of a game against Miami on Feb. 27. He was acquired in a trade with New York on Feb. 3, shortly after serving his suspension. He appeared in eight games with Toronto averaging 4.4 points and 4.5 rebounds in 23.9 minutes.

"After receiving a second opinion on Antonio's lingering back problems, it is very unlikely that he would return to competitive action this season with the Raptors," said Bryan Colangelo, the team's president and general manager. "After lengthy discussions with Antonio regarding his physical condition and his general sense of disappointment over his personally difficult year, we have concluded that it's in the best interest of both the organization and Antonio Davis to simply release him at this late point of the season."

When Toronto acquired him he took a few extra days to report, but said he would honor his contract.

The trade came a day after Davis' wife, Kendra, was charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly throwing a cup of coffee at a woman during a traffic dispute last fall.

Davis, who had previously played with the Raptors from 1999-2004, is the franchise's all-time leading rebounder with 2,839. The 38-year-old said he was contemplating retirement after a trade from Chicago to New York before the season.

Davis is the president of the NBA players' association. He is in the last year of contract that pays him almost $14 million this season.
SoxFan1
I love AD and would be ecstatic to have him back on the Bulls. His leadership is something this team needs.
madisonsmadhouse
Call him quick. This might be the break the Bulls needed. Screw Luke, get me AD.
fathom
A playoff team will pick up AD. I also think it might be hard for him to come back here after the fiasco with his wife.

I'd love to see the Bulls sign Luke for the rest of the season. He's a great guy, a great teammate, and he's fun to watch. Now, if only they can sign Will Bynum to a 10-day contract if Golden St. doesn't keep him after the current 10-day deal he has.
WHarris1
He wouldn't be eligible to be on the playoff roster if we made it, just FYI
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23 2006, 03:53 PM)
I love AD and would be ecstatic to have him back on the Bulls. His leadership is something this team needs.

Thats for sure. I fear its too late. I wish we would have moved TT for him during the trade deadline. I wonder if the Bulls would pick him up this late. I realize we are pretty much out of it, but he should still be very familiar with the system and I think he'd be happy to come back home.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23 2006, 08:05 PM)
A playoff team will pick up AD. I also think it might be hard for him to come back here after the fiasco with his wife.

I'd love to see the Bulls sign Luke for the rest of the season. He's a great guy, a great teammate, and he's fun to watch. Now, if only they can sign Will Bynum to a 10-day contract if Golden St. doesn't keep him after the current 10-day deal he has.

I don't understand why some people knock Luke so much. He's young, but he's actually pretty smart and he's a good passer with some nice touch and he has size (something you can't teach).

He's got to improve his footwork on man coverage, but overall I have been quite pleased.
soxfan101
id be happy to sign him in the off-season for as low as we can but no point this season...
The Dude Abides
Why the Luke bashing? He was called up and put on a ten day contract? Who did you expect Kevin McHale? He has done a good job and provides size. I really like his hustle and effort. Too bad Tyson Chandler doesn't have his heart or basketball IQ...

I wouldn't mind if we signed Luke to the 15th roster spot for next season either.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
Why the Luke bashing? He was called up and put on a ten day contract? Who did you expect Kevin McHale? He has done a good job and provides size. I really like his hustle and effort. Too bad Tyson Chandler doesn't have his heart or basketball IQ...

I wouldn't mind if we signed Luke to the 15th roster spot for next season either.

not really bashing him... I would just rather have AD back on the roster.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 24 2006, 01:31 PM)

Tyson Chandler doesn't have heart? Wow.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24 2006, 01:49 PM)

As frustrated as I am about Tyson's development, I would never say that he has no heart. If anything, he has the most heart on the Bulls. His emotion shows all the time. He hustles and puts 10000% percent into everything he does on the court.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 24 2006, 01:51 PM)
As frustrated as I am about Tyson's development, I would never say that he has no heart. If anything, he has the most heart on the Bulls. His emotion shows all the time. He hustles and puts 10000% percent into everything he does on the court.

I just think his results would be better if his heart was fully in it...It seemed like last year he improved...maybe he just wanted to get paid...But you have to admit, he is not a very smart player at all. In fact, I would say he still doesn't mentally understand how to play in the nba.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 24 2006, 04:27 PM)
I just think his results would be better if his heart was fully in it...It seemed like last year he improved...maybe he just wanted to get paid...But you have to admit, he is not a very smart player at all. In fact, I would say he still doesn't mentally understand how to play in the nba.

You don't suddently get dumber from one year to next... Tyson is really missing the scoring presence of Eddy which let him roam a lot more freely. He doesn't have that luxury this year. It has nothing to do with his basketball IQ, it has everything to do with getting guarded by an NBA center every night.
BV1998
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24 2006, 01:49 PM)

no you got it mixed up, Eddie Curry is the one with the heart problems biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24 2006, 06:02 PM)
You don't suddently get dumber from one year to next... Tyson is really missing the scoring presence of Eddy which let him roam a lot more freely. He doesn't have that luxury this year. It has nothing to do with his basketball IQ, it has everything to do with getting guarded by an NBA center every night.

An exmaple...whenever a small guard drives in the lane. Tyson jumps and swats at the ball...getting a foul called against him. He hasn't learned to stay on the ground and hold his arms up yet. Anytime to swing at a ball, you are going to get called for a foul.

Tyson repeatedly gets his shots blocked and he will get them blocked by guards. He misses dunks all the time. I don't care how tall he is and how much upside he is supposed to have...he hasn't shown it yet.

He has regressed from last year. He has even admitted it. I really thought that this year he was going to have a break out year...but it's been very dissapointing. I think he is a bust and it was a terrible trade.

I do agree that he will benefit from having a true center in there next year. It will help having someone else with size, especially someone who can score and defend. In fact, I think we should try to get Harrington and draft Aldridge, then let Chandler come off the bench.h
Chisoxfn
Scott Skiles sounded doubtful when asked if Antonio Davis, whom the Raptors waived Thursday, would rejoin the Bulls. Davis, who has a back injury, is not eligible for the playoffs because he was waived after the March 1 cutoff. "I don't know if it makes sense or not," Skiles said.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23 2006, 05:53 PM)

he would also be a great player to have show the younger ones that we get in the draft how to play at this level. i know him personally and he would do that i a heart beat he loves the game of basketball. of corse if will not come free but if he will not be in a uniform just like another coach.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 12:37 PM)
he would also be a great player to have show the younger ones that we get in the draft how to play at this level. i know him personally and he would do that i a heart beat he loves the game of basketball. of corse if will not come free but if he will not be in a uniform just like another coach.

You know AD? That is awesome. Is there a good story behind it?
bulls91
QUOTE (BV1998 @ Mar 24 2006, 06:27 PM)
no you got it mixed up, Eddie Curry is the one with the heart problems biggrin.gif

lol he is still having problems with his heart and might have to call it quits thank you paxson. i have just gone to some camps with his son and daughter and i have come to know him and he has come to know me very well. i also have come to know pargo and duhon very well.
SoxFan1
Thats pretty cool man. Perhaps you could put in a good word to him and tell him to come back to the Bulls. :lol

AD is a class act really. When that incident with his wife happened, I was defending him...guess I chose the wrong spot. I would really like him back. He would be the 1st step to getting back to a playoff caliber team. Leadership is clearly needed.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 26 2006, 02:09 PM)
Thats pretty cool man. Perhaps you could put in a good word to him and tell him to come back to the Bulls. :lol

AD is a class act really. When that incident with his wife happened, I was defending him...guess I chose the wrong spot. I would really like him back. He would be the 1st step to getting back to a playoff caliber team. Leadership is clearly needed.

he has been thinking about it sence b-ball if his life along with his kids. i was also behind him all the way when that happened at that game i actually was inthe stands when it happened but in the 300 section
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.