Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of a chance to the Bulls have?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
They are 2.5 games out of the 8 spot and 3.5 out of the 7th seed in the playoffs... Do the Bulls have a realistic chance at catching a spot in the post season?
Chisoxfn
The best part is they aren't even that far out of the 5th and 6th spots. This Bulls team will make the playoffs. Atlhough the loss of Songalia for the rest of the regular season will hurt.

Noc/Deng/Hinrich are all playing there best basketball of the season and Chandler has been consistently rebounding and playing defense. The funny thing is these past couple games have been some of the better ones of the Bulls have played.

During this span Gordon has dissapeared and Duhon has been on the court far more often.
madisonsmadhouse
So Song is done huh? That really hurts them. It looks like Luke Schensure will be sticking around in a continuation of the Bulls proud tradition of goofy sucky white centers...
Kalapse
With the loss of Songiala for the rest of the season, that means the return of Eddie Basden. I love to watch him play defense, he can't shoot or anything but his defense is stellar.
BV1998
Id say the Bulls have an exellent chanch at making the playoffs, advancing past the pistons or heat however, not as good.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 13 2006, 11:34 AM)
With the loss of Songiala for the rest of the season, that means the return of Eddie Basden. I love to watch him play defense, he can't shoot or anything but his defense is stellar.

I was dissapointed in Badsen's defense during his first stint, but I think he was pressing (on both ends of the court). I look forward to seeing him play and develop.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (BV1998 @ Mar 13 2006, 12:15 PM)
Id say the Bulls have an exellent chanch at making the playoffs, advancing past the pistons or heat however, not as good.

I actually think this team could beat the Heat. Honestly I don't think much of the Heat, but if we match up against the Pistons we will be swept.
BV1998
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13 2006, 02:34 PM)
I actually think this team could beat the Heat. Honestly I don't think much of the Heat, but if we match up against the Pistons we will be swept.

The Bulls don't have any muscle to match up against Shaq inside. He will have his way in the paint.
Balta1701-B
The fact that AI just went down does the Bulls a very nice favor on that side as well. I don't think they're good enough to make the playoffs, but they have a shot. It'd be nice to make it again, but I won't be too mad if we don't. When we lost Curry to that mess, it was obvious we were going to take a step back this year, now we just have to try to take 3 more steps forward next year.
nitetrain8601
I think the Bulls should tank. They need to create depth with the draft. Why make the playoffs when you'll get swept in 4 games? This year to me is strictly an evaluation year and a progression year as well.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13 2006, 03:01 PM)
I think the Bulls should tank. They need to create depth with the draft. Why make the playoffs when you'll get swept in 4 games? This year to me is strictly an evaluation year and a progression year as well.

This year doesn't mean jack spiff, but still though, you always want more playoff experience, even if you ultimately get swept.

There are some players who have ice in their veins & they could excel in a playoff atmosphere without any experience. However, it doesn't really work that way for the vast majority of players & every little bit of playoff experience helps in the long run.
nitetrain8601
If it's the difference between my team getting a Reddick or Carney, I'll tank.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13 2006, 03:01 PM)

I kinda agree. A 9th place finish does nothing for them.

Losing Songaila hurts them more than it probably should. The thought of two high draft picks entices me more than a first-round sweep.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 13 2006, 01:42 PM)
I kinda agree. A 9th place finish does nothing for them.

Losing Songaila hurts them more than it probably should. The thought of two high draft picks entices me more than a first-round sweep.

I still believe playoff experience is invaluable. My guess is the difference between the 8th seed and the 9th seed will be 1 or 2 draft spots (not a huge deal, imo).
Pippen Aint Easy
They are done without Songaila and while benching Sweetney. Time to start looking forward to that possible #1 overall pick.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Mar 13 2006, 05:24 PM)
They are done without Songaila and while benching Sweetney. Time to start looking forward to that possible #1 overall pick.

Well, Sweetney actually hurts us more than he helps. He can't play defense for spiff, and his weight is taking away from his offensive skills. If he could drop 40 to 50 pounds, we'd have some legitimate interior scoring punch off of the bench. Wouldn't that be nice?

And Songalia? He's an important bench player, but I don't think that he's anything to write home about. If anything, Deng and Nocioni will both assume even more minutes now, which is a very good thing IMO.
SoxFan1
Honestly, I think the team has a chance but not a good one. Not this year at least. When we address the issue of a low post scorer and maybe add a real 2-guard, we would be set. Not sure about the free agent market this offseason but I know that Nazr Mohammed has been getting a lot of love from Bulls fans, as has Al Harrington.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13 2006, 04:09 PM)
Honestly, I think the team has a chance but not a good one. Not this year at least. When we address the issue of a low post scorer and maybe add a real 2-guard, we would be set. Not sure about the free agent market this offseason but I know that Nazr Mohammed has been getting a lot of love from Bulls fans, as has Al Harrington.

The problem is Harrington is more of a 3 than a 4 (ie he plays better a little more away from the basket). And Nazr isn't much of a low post player. Doesn't have many moves. He's solid, but I fear someone would vastly overpay for him.

That said if the Bulls drafted Aldridge and picked up Nazr (to get minutes at both C and PF) off the bench, I wouldn't complain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.