Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Who Will the Bulls Pick Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
You get one shot, but give your guess on who the Bulls will pick at 2 and 16. If you want to predict a trade you can do that as well.

So whenever you feel you got a read on what Pax will do, put it in here so you can have all the bragging rights or all the shame. biggrin.gif
Chisoxfn
I think we go with:
Brandon Roy @ 2

Not decided yet on the big we will take at 16 (or we may be moving up).
SoxFan1
Alright, I'll go out in a limb.

With the 2nd pick in the 2006 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select...Andrea Bargnani, PF, from Benetton Treviso (Italy).

Then the Bulls trade up into the 7th spot and...

With the 7th pick in the 2006 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select...Ronnie Brewer, SG, out of Arkansas.
madisonsmadhouse
Aldridge and Sene
sport1016
#2=Brandon Roy
#16 (or if we trade up i think it's the same person)= Cedric Simmons

maybe this is what i'm hoping, not what will happen

but a man has a right to dream.........and this could happen, trade or not......

also, if we trade to #7 there is something interesting to remember

we were going to draft deng at #3, but knew that if we didn't he'd fall to #7 and gordon wouldn't. So even though we had deng rated higher we took gordon first knowing we could still get deng. Maybe the same thing with Roy and Aldridge/Tyrus (hopefully not tyrus) slipping?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 27 2006, 01:07 PM)
#2=Brandon Roy
#16 (or if we trade up i think it's the same person)= Cedric Simmons

maybe this is what i'm hoping, not what will happen

but a man has a right to dream.........and this could happen, trade or not......

also, if we trade to #7 there is something interesting to remember

we were going to draft deng at #3, but knew that if we didn't he'd fall to #7 and gordon wouldn't. So even though we had deng rated higher we took gordon first knowing we could still get deng. Maybe the same thing with Roy and Aldridge/Tyrus (hopefully not tyrus) slipping?

Never thought about that. Last time we had 3 and 7, we made out pretty damn good.
TeaLeafReaderII
Aldridge and O'bryant..
rangercal
aldridge

trade up to # 7
Roy does not get selected by the Twolves

Brandon roy at # 7
B-4-Bulls
Folks Ive heard through the radio and TV that the Bulls are HIGHLY Considering Tyrus Thomas. I really really want Lamarcus Aldridge if hes there wich im about 90% sure he will be. So im going to say

with the 2nd Pick we select Tyrus Thomas and we make a trade to move up to about the number 11 or 12th to select Ronnie Brewer.
The Gladiator
Aldridge pray.gif and Carney!
bschmaranz
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27 2006, 11:51 AM)
Alright, I'll go out in a limb.

With the 2nd pick in the 2006 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select...Andrea Bargnani, PF, from Benetton Treviso (Italy).

That's also my prediction. Dunno about the trade for the 7th pick, but I think Toronto takes Aldridge and we shock everyone and go with Bargnani.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jun 27 2006, 03:08 PM)
That's also my prediction.  Dunno about the trade for the 7th pick, but I think Toronto takes Aldridge and we shock everyone and go with Bargnani.

The Trade is not happening.. Its been reporting on ESPN Radio earlier in the day. Celtics said it wasnt enough.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 27 2006, 01:23 PM)
The Trade is not happening.. Its been reporting on ESPN Radio earlier in the day. Celtics said it wasnt enough.

Thanks. Ya one person said the Bulls asked for more (Delonte West instead of Dickau) and Ainge pretty much shot down the possibility as well.

Right now it seems to be one of those things on the back burner or completely gone.
WHarris1
#2 - Thomas
#16 - Sefolosha
maggsmaggs
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 03:32 PM)
#2 - Thomas
#16 - Sefolosha

I am with Willie.
bulls91
i am thinking that they will trade the 16th pick and duhon for the ninth pick and trade our second, sweets and songaila for the forth, 30th, and 31st.

4-Bargnani
9-Williams
30-Ager
31-Rondo
WHarris1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:23 PM)
i am thinking that they will trade the 16th pick and duhon for the ninth pick and trade our secound, sweets and songaila for the forth, 30th, and 31st.

4-Bargnani
9-Williams
30-Ager
31-Rondo

I'm pretty sure trading Songaila is impossible. As is trading a 2nd rounder we don't have.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 27 2006, 05:23 PM)
i am thinking that they will trade the 16th pick and duhon for the ninth pick and trade our second, sweets and songaila for the forth, 30th, and 31st.

4-Bargnani
9-Williams
30-Ager
31-Rondo

Songalia is a free agent so he isn't eligible to be traded, but since this is just a little guessing contest it won't effect anything.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 07:23 PM)
I'm pretty sure trading Songaila is impossible. As is trading a 2nd rounder we don't have.

Im pretty sure hes making half the stuff up as he goes laugh.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:23 PM)

I'm pretty sure he meant the 2nd overall pick.
WHarris1
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:30 PM)
I'm pretty sure he meant the 2nd overall pick.

The trade still doesn't work due to the fact that the salaries do not match.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Tyrus Thomas will be our pick, and Im glad smile.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 27 2006, 09:14 PM)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE HIM HE IS ANOTHER CHANDLER BUT SEVEN INCHES SHORTER HE WILL NOT BE OUR PICK IT IS A SMOKE SCREEN. HE IS A SMALL FORWARD AND WILL NOT BE A OFFENSIVE OF DEFENSIVE THREAT IN THE NBA AT ALL.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 27 2006, 10:14 PM)

Food for thought:

Tyrus Thomas is 6'8, 217. Rudy Gay is 6'8, 222. Would you want Rudy Gay playing Power Forward in the NBA?
Rowand44
I think we take Tyrus number 2, but god I hope I'm wrong. No clue at 16.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 27 2006, 07:25 PM)
Songalia is a free agent so he isn't eligible to be traded, but since this is just a little guessing contest it won't effect anything.

It hasnt been said if we gave him UFA or kept the RFA we hold on him. So technically he isnt wrong. I dont understand why we would ever just hand him to the open market when we can have the chance to match any offer that comes along before losing him, or do a sign and trade.

As for who we pick....

Bargnani at 2.

James White at 16. biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27 2006, 11:57 AM)
Aldridge and Sene

After reading all of the chatter, unless Pax is completely full of it, its Thomas and Sefolosha
Steve9347
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:53 AM)
I think we take Tyrus number 2, but god I hope I'm wrong. No clue at 16.

Reddick might be there. huh.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 03:52 AM)
As for who we pick....

Bargnani at 2.

James White at 16. biggrin.gif

sorry, two problems with that.

1, he won't be on the board anymore...
2, bulls don't want to get burned by drafting foreign again.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:24 AM)

Out of curiosity what Euro guy did we get burned on?

Kukoc turned out pretty well. I do remember taking guys like Tarlac and we have Dalibor Bagaric (big old center that busted for us).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 12:08 PM)
Out of curiosity what Euro guy did we get burned on? 

Kukoc turned out pretty well.  I do remember taking guys like Tarlac and we have Dalibor Bagaric (big old center that busted for us).

Probably Tarlac and Bagaric, like you said.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:24 AM)

If that were really the case the Bulls wouldn't have wasted the money taking repeated trips to Europe to scout these guys.
ChWRoCk2
#2 Tyrus Thomas

Not sure but trade up a couple spots and nab Rodney Carney
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 28 2006, 12:20 PM)
#2 Tyrus Thomas

Not sure but trade up a couple spots and nab Rodney Carney

I LOVE that Idea biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
#2 Aldridge
#16 Sene
nitetrain8601
Thomas and Brewer.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28 2006, 06:45 AM)
After reading all of the chatter, unless Pax is completely full of it, its Thomas and Sefolosha

mecry.gif:
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 03:32 PM)
#2 - Thomas
#16 - Sefolosha

notworthy.gif
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jun 29 2006, 11:44 AM)
notworthy.gif

i was damn close, i was right on carney being taken even though he was traded and we got tyrus
Da Bulls 88
I'm happy about getting Tyrus Thomas. But, i don't have a clue who this dude from Switzerland is. dry.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:09 AM)
I'm happy about getting Tyrus Thomas. But, i don't have a clue who this dude from Switzerland is. <_<

He had a lot of buzz about, especially considering the Bulls had to trade up to get him.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:35 PM)
He had a lot of buzz about, especially considering the Bulls had to trade up to get him.

Hmm, can't wait to see how good this guy from Switzerland is. cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.