Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KG To Bulls?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Remember that guy over on Real GM that was talking about the Celtics deal being a go, but than said talks broke down because the Bulls wanted too much (Delonte instead of Dickau) well he's back with another rumor.

I have no idea whether his sources inside the Bulls are legit or not, but I know from Soxtalk that we have a few people with inside sources that ocassionally break stories and in time hopefully we will have that on this site as well (breaking Bulls stories) but this guy could in fact be legit.

The only thing I wonder is that it seems like the Bulls are getting too much in return (KG plus the #6 pick) but at the same time we are ridding them of a bad contract or two.

From a source inside the Bulls organization, this trade is in the works.

Chicago Trades:

Ben Gordon
Tyson Chandler
Michael Sweetney

Minnesota Trades:

Kevin Garnett
Trenton Hassell
Mark Madsen

Hassel would give us the perimeter defender we need out on the wing (he's one of the best in the league at that), Madsen is a salary pawn by the Wolves and Garnett is the best player to play on the Bulls not named Michael Jordan.

We still get a high draft pick to take one guy as well (probably a perimeter player if I were to guess, but it could also be a big to accompany Garnett).

If this were to happen...I'd immediately buy a Garnett or Hinrich jersey (just because I've been really lagging on buying a Hinrich jersey).
Chisoxfn
I should note that I feel this is a bs deal because we'd be reaming the Wolves. Unless Garnett had a gun to there heads (which he's yet to do, at least not publicly) there is no way this type of rip job comes off (this would be similar to Miami robbing the Lakers blind for Shaq).
WHarris1
This actually isnt directly from the greek guy that reported the Boston deal.

He got it from...

blogabull.com
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 04:16 PM)
This actually isnt directly from the greek guy that reported the Boston deal.

He got it from...

blogabull.com

Thats apparently him who made that post.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 27 2006, 07:19 PM)
Thats apparently him who made that post.

I don't think it's the same cuz the other guy that talks with the greek guy said...

Apparently greekadoni's inide source posts at Blogabull.com

http://www.blogabull.com/story/2006/6/27/161455/977

Dont beleive everything you read Andrew.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 04:21 PM)
I don't think it's the same cuz the other guy that talks with the greek guy said...

Oh in that case who knows than. Still worthy of a post, no matter how realistic or unrealistic it is.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 27 2006, 07:23 PM)
Oh in that case who knows than.  Still worthy of a post, no matter how realistic or unrealistic it is.

Ya no doubt...not gonna lie, I got quite excited when I saw that rumor.

KG is one of my favorite players in league and he would be a great fit here.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27 2006, 04:24 PM)
Ya no doubt...not gonna lie, I got quite excited when I saw that rumor.

KG is one of my favorite players in league and he would be a great fit here.

I see us all running to the store and buying his jersey ASAP biggrin.gif
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 27 2006, 07:40 PM)
I see us all running to the store and buying his jersey ASAP  biggrin.gif

Haha hell yeah...

Same goes for when we draft Tyrus Thomas tongue.gif
The Gladiator
Kevin Garnett will never be in a Bulls uniform, mark my words biggrin.gif. We would give up way too much. My only option would be trading.. Ben Gordon, Duhon and number 2 for KG,Hassel
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 27 2006, 04:41 PM)
Kevin Garnett will never be in a Bulls uniform, mark my words biggrin.gif. We would give up way too much. My only option would be trading.. Ben Gordon, Duhon and number 2 for KG,Hassel

Chandler has to be a part of any deal for salary purposes (well I guess not necessarily since we will have free cap space, but if we are talking about a draft day deal, Chandler would need to be a part of any trade for a guy making very much money whether its Garnett or O'Neal).
The Gladiator
ok throw in Tyson then laugh.gif
SoxFan1
Sign me up and let me give you my credit card info for a KG jersey.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
It would be good because IMO KG's years are limited and everybody knows that (Or should know that). His knees are terrible because hes been playing since he was 18 years old and has been playing for over 11 seasons in the NBA wich is unbelievable! He is also 30 years old now and is probably nearing the end of his prime. I can see him going down hill after about 2 more years.

But, the reason I would want him here is because if we do give up our Number 2 pick, KG will be better than any post player in this draft and we would hopefully have our other pick to get a big backcourt player. It allows us to win a championship right now! KG Would give us 20 and 12 every night no doubt and just think for a second and I know im getting way in over my head lol but...

What if.... The Knicks Suck AGAIN and we end up with the number 1 Pick in next years draft and get the chance to snatch Greg Oden! Think about it, Oden and KG. Well one could dream..pray.gif laugh.gif
ZoomSlowik
God, that deal would be sweet, but that's just too much and it works too well for the Bulls.

And yes, if we ever get him I will be buying a Garnett jersey ASAP.
JPargo
I tihnk pax likes our draft position to well to give any of the picks up. I think this is just a rumor.
madisonsmadhouse
Its a nice thought, but it isn't going to happen.
Chisoxfn
Seems like another hot rumor going around involves Deng and Chandler and our #2 draft pick and this deal seems a lot more fair, yet its a move I'd still consider.

The article in SI (I think thats where its from) went on to say if this were to happen the Bulls would be targetting Pyrzbilla to team up with KG (wasn't Pyrz with KG a while back)
The Gladiator
What if... The Rumor with Portland is true where they want the bulls number 2. So say we trade the number 2 for the 4th and 7th. Then we trade both of them plus BG and Tyson Chandler For KG and the 6th pick? huh.gif
The Dude Abides
I am completely against trading Ben Gordon. He has too much potential. Watch him bloom in his 3rd year...especially with low post scoring, which will make defenders more honest.

Give him 1 more year...I guarantee he will be worth the investment.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 04:39 PM)
I am completely against trading Ben Gordon. He has too much potential. Watch him bloom in his 3rd year...especially with low post scoring, which will make defenders more honest.

Give him 1 more year...I guarantee he will be worth the investment.

Low-Post Scoring, your not serious? Ben Gordon is not a low post scorer. He is 6 freakin' foot and no way in hell will he post up against ANYBODY in the NBA he is too short nuff said....

Im totally for trading Gordon if its for the right player
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 04:41 PM)
Low-Post Scoring, your not serious? Ben Gordon is not a low post scorer. He is 6 freakin' foot and no way in hell will he post up against ANYBODY in the NBA he is too short nuff said....

Im totally for trading Gordon if its for the right player

Uh...Who said Ben Gordon is a low post scorer?

When the Bulls add low post scoring this season, it will help Ben and open his game up.

huh.gif bang.gif
nitetrain8601
Bulls need a balance in the frountcourt. We shouldn't give up Ben to get someone in the low post simply because then all that + will go to the inside and -'s will go to the perimeter.

Any big man will help Ben develop even further. He's a guy who should be untouchable.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 04:43 PM)
Uh...Who said Ben Gordon is a low post scorer?

When the Bulls add low post scoring this season, it will help Ben and open his game up.

huh.gif bang.gif

nvm i thought you were talking about BEN GORDON posting up wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.