Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bulls will select thomas
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
A virtual unknown when the college season began, the 6-foot-8 Thomas is about to complete a remarkable rise. Unless something unexpected happens, the Bulls will select Thomas with the No. 2 pick in tonight’s draft. The Bulls also own the No. 16 pick of the first round.

daily herald
Chisoxfn
What publication is that from? Espn?

By the way thanks for the tidbit of info.
WHarris1
No one knows who Pax is going to pick tonight. Period.

You can take an educated guess but Pax isn't going to just tell the Daily Herald his plan.
madisonsmadhouse
No big surprise. Whether we like it or not, this has been getting more and more obvious with each passing day. I just hope Pax is smarter than all of the rest of us.
SoxFan1
I will only accept a Tyrus Thomas drafting if a trade follows.
Chisoxfn
Or you can go with the old adage, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Seems like everyone and his brother with some sort of sources says we are heavily leaning towards Thomas. It may be more all of us not wanting to believe it.

In the end I'm just going to be happy we are getting a good athlete that could potentially make us a better team. If Pax feels that guy is Thomas, so be it.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 12:31 PM)
Or you can go with the old adage, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Seems like everyone and his brother with some sort of sources says we are heavily leaning towards Thomas. It may be more all of us not wanting to believe it.

In the end I'm just going to be happy we are getting a good athlete that could potentially make us a better team. If Pax feels that guy is Thomas, so be it.

I most likely am in denial because it is just such a disgusting possibility.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2006, 12:40 PM)
I most likely am in denial because it is just such a disgusting possibility.

Best sig on the site.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:42 AM)
Best sig on the site.

^^^

LMAO! lolhitting.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
I'm prepared for extreme disappointment tonight...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 01:15 PM)
I'm prepared for extreme disappointment tonight...

At about 5, I'm telling my sister to hide all the remotes and phonebooks and ash trays.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 02:20 PM)
At about 5, I'm telling my sister to hide all the remotes and phonebooks and ash trays.

Only can imagine how ill react, im in class durin the draft waitin for a text on my phone, hell could break loose
sport1016
If bulls don't get a post presence or a combo guard (like many mock drafts say we are taking TT and sefolosha) I am gonna flip a spiff.

The only thing that will stop me from putting a foot through something solid if we take thomas is trading up to nab Roy or Brewer.

The only thing that would rectify such a catastrophe would be a trade of Tyrus, chandler and deng/gordon for garnett. It is being reported that this trade could easily happen in July, but might not be able to take place draft night bc they need to wait for the bulls to get below the cap.

If neither of those things happen, I am rooting for the Clippers from now on.
s720
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:32 PM)
If bulls don't get a post presence or a combo guard (like many mock drafts say we are taking TT and sefolosha) I am gonna flip a spiff.

The only thing that will stop me from putting a foot through something solid if we take thomas is trading up to nab Roy or Brewer.

The only thing that would rectify such a catastrophe would be a trade of Tyrus, chandler and deng/gordon for garnett. It is being reported that this trade could easily happen in July, but might not be able to take place draft night bc they need to wait for the bulls to get below the cap.

If neither of those things happen, I am rooting for the Clippers from now on.

Then go and root for the Clippers! Just because the team does not pick the player you want, you will root for other teams. If that's the case, I'll be on my hundredth team by now!
sport1016
But do you see the madness?

I hope I am wrong, but remember when we drafted Fizer when he didn't fill a need? Yeah, I am just cautious.

Pax has been pretty safe in his previous drafts but not taking a true post player or a 2 guard goes against what has gotten us this far. I think he feels the pressure of making this offseason a big one, and instead of taking the smart choice he is gambling, and I don't like to see that.

Remember Fizer at small forward? That could be Tyrus at pf.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SoxFan1
Tyrus IS a SF.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:03 AM)
But do you see the madness?

I hope I am wrong, but remember when we drafted Fizer when he didn't fill a need? Yeah, I am just cautious.

Pax has been pretty safe in his previous drafts but not taking a true post player or a 2 guard goes against what has gotten us this far. I think he feels the pressure of making this offseason a big one, and instead of taking the smart choice he is gambling, and I don't like to see that.

Remember Fizer at small forward? That could be Tyrus at pf.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, Pax didn't draft Fizer and to this day I think Fizer was a very good offensive player but he was on an awful team, playing in an awful NBA system, and honestly had he not been injured and if he found himself in the right spot he'd have been pretty decent.

Not a great pick no, and obviously it turned into a horrid pick for us, but injuries played a part in that.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 01:23 PM)
Remember, Pax didn't draft Fizer and to this day I think Fizer was a very good offensive player but he was on an awful team, playing in an awful NBA system, and honestly had he not been injured and if he found himself in the right spot he'd have been pretty decent.

Not a great pick no, and obviously it turned into a horrid pick for us, but injuries played a part in that.

Fizer would have been a solid player had we needed a PF. He was a dominant post player at ISU and might have had similar production to Brand if we had given him the chance and injuries hadn't accured.

Also remember that we made that pick because we were going to deal him with some other parts to Portland for Jermaine O'Neal before Indiana offered Dale Davis (not sure where I heard it, but I read it somewhere shortly after the draft). The Bulls kind of got stuck with a bad situation instead of getting an All-Star forward. mad.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:29 AM)
Fizer would have been a solid player had we needed a PF. He was a dominant post player at ISU and might have had similar production to Brand if we had given him the chance and injuries hadn't accured.

Also remember that we made that pick because we were going to deal him with some other parts to Portland for Jermaine O'Neal before Indiana offered Dale Davis (not sure where I heard it, but I read it somewhere shortly after the draft). The Bulls kind of got stuck with a bad situation instead of getting an All-Star forward. mad.gif

I was thinking we talked about moving the Chandler pick for O'Neal, but not positive about that.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 01:44 PM)
I was thinking we talked about moving the Chandler pick for O'Neal, but not positive about that.

Well, considering we had to deal Brand to get that pick, I doubt it.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:50 AM)
Well, considering we had to deal Brand to get that pick, I doubt it.

I think your right and I'm confusing the years. I do remember one year we were very close to cutting a deal for O'Neal for one of our high picks.
sport1016
Fizer was Charles barkely without the talent.

he was something like 6'6 with a wide body and bruising post moves.....But he didn't know how to pass out of traffic, share the ball, rebound, defend, or anything else except score close to the hoop.

Also, he used to try to bring the ball up the court if he ever did catch a rebound. Remember that? After they told him he was a sf, he started to believe it himself i guess. He'd have been a fine player if he had gone to a veteran team with a veteran coach who would have ripped him a new one as a rook for being selfish and harnessed his talent, like a Pat Riley type.

BTW, anyone else read he was both the oldest player in the NBDL and the MVP?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.