Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tourney Talk
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
He is a beast. 6'9 300lbs....he averaged almost 19 points and 10 rebounds...what do you guys think? I think he would be a terror for the bulls in the low post next year if he comes out.
The Dude Abides
anyone else watching the game tonight...he just missed a FT, and got his own rebound...this guy would be like a mini shaq at PF....
SoxFan1
I have been following this guy for a while now. He is my sweetheart come draft time. This guy is the REAL Baby Shaq. A monstrocity in the paint and he has low post moves! Not sure what year he is though.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23 2006, 08:28 PM)
I have been following this guy for a while now. He is my sweetheart come draft time. This guy is the REAL Baby Shaq. A monstrocity in the paint and he has low post moves! Not sure what year he is though.

I think he is a soph, but that is a lot of experience now and days considering the rash of high school and college frosh that have come out.
I hope he comes out early...He would be unreal in the low post for the bulls. he is a monster, but he is very agile and the man can score off his own dribble..he has a ton of upside too....
Plus, he would be at PF and who could really match up with him size wise?
The Gladiator
I was even More impressed with Tyrus Thomas, he just raised his draft stock up a bunch with the huge game vs Duke, only 9 points but 13 rebounds and 5 BLKS!!! the kids only a Freshman too but they have him going like 8 this year in the draft if he goes out. If he has ne more big games I think the Bulls should take a serious look at him in the draft. Id still go with either Him or Carney
The Gladiator
Wow, A huge game by my man Rodney Carney, 25 points 5 boards on 7/12 shooting. Hes the guy I want on this team next year.

Also Tyrus Thomas, nuff said if u saw the game Against Duke. I really didnt think about him much at first but man, for a freshman getting 9 poiints, 13 boards and 5 blks against Duke is pretty darn good, I thought the Refs would call 6 technacals at the end to give Duke the win but thats besides the point. huh.gif lol
madisonsmadhouse
Oliver Miller anyone? There is no way he is in condition to play the NBA game at that size.
dasox24
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 23 2006, 09:05 PM)
I was even More impressed with Tyrus Thomas, he just raised his draft stock up a bunch with the huge game vs Duke, only 9 points but 13 rebounds and 5 BLKS!!! the kids only a Freshman too but they have him going like 8 this year in the draft if he goes out. If he has ne more big games I think the Bulls should take a serious look at him in the draft. Id still go with either Him or Carney

I really like Thomas as well. Actually, I just posted about him in the "Who should the Bulls draft?" thread.
SoxFan1
Can we make this one thread guys. The board is getting overcrowded with a lot of threads that could be combined. That cool?
SoxFan1
How is everyone's bracket looking? I still have Nova (Final 4), BC, UConn (Final 4), Memphis (Final 4), UCLA (waiting for that game), LSU, and Texas (Final 4).

So I still have all of my Final 4 teams still alive so far. I got Nova taking it all too. Any predictions guys?
greasywheels121
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23 2006, 09:17 PM)
Oliver Miller anyone? There is no way he is in condition to play the NBA game at that size.

He can move a lot better than any other big guy.
SoxFan1
Yeah, Aldridge doesn't show up in big games. He only has 24 points and 7 boards so far against WV.
SoxFan1
This one is going down to the wire. I need Texas to win. NEED! 65-63 with 3 minutes and change.
SoxFan1
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dasox24
That was a sweet ending to the Texas-WVU game! It's games like that that make me love March Madness more than any other playoff in any sport.
dasox24
Holy Crap! That was unbelievable! Wow... My hat goes off to UCLA. They battled back the entire 2nd half.
SoxFan1
I cannot believe the finishes to tonights games. Absolutely unbelievable. Now THAT was a comeback.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 23 2006, 09:30 PM)
Holy Crap! That was unbelievable! Wow... My hat goes off to UCLA. They battled back the entire 2nd half.

Seriously, what a comeback. They are down the entire game and come back and win. I feel for the Zags since I really think they should have impressed all those naysayers who said they'd go down in the 1st or 2nd round.

UCLA is an impressive foe though, they had a tough as nails win and now I really think they are going to give Memphis a big time fight. I have Memphis moving on, but I think its going to be a game.

Duke lost a round before I thought they would, but they were clearly not a superior team and with a healthy LSU squad rolling, well they got a lot of talent. However, LSU goes down to Texas in the elite 8.

This has been a really fun tourney though, since I really think you have that outside shot of a lower seeded team winning it all.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 23 2006, 11:45 PM)
Seriously, what a comeback.  They are down the entire game and come back and win.  I feel for the Zags since I really think they should have impressed all those naysayers who said they'd go down in the 1st or 2nd round. 

UCLA is an impressive foe though, they had a tough as nails win and now I really think they are going to give Memphis a big time fight.  I have Memphis moving on, but I think its going to be a game. 

Duke lost a round before I thought they would, but they were clearly not a superior team and with a healthy LSU squad rolling, well they got a lot of talent.  However, LSU goes down to Texas in the elite 8. 

This has been a really fun tourney though, since I really think you have that outside shot of a lower seeded team winning it all.

All those dang 1st round upsets messed me up. Wis Milawukee beating OK, George Mason beating everyone, Bradley beating everyone, and Indiana losing early really messed me up. Indiana and Oklahoma let me down most.

Personally, I hate Duke so I'm glad they lost. Duke = Yankees
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23 2006, 09:50 PM)
All those dang 1st round upsets messed me up. Wis Milawukee beating OK, George Mason beating everyone, Bradley beating everyone, and Indiana losing early really messed me up. Indiana and Oklahoma let me down most.

Personally, I hate Duke so I'm glad they lost. Duke = Yankees

You listened to all those knuckleheads that said how bad the Zags were. They had two of the best in the country and any team with that type of talent is going to make some noise in the tourney. They lost to the better team tonight in a game they probably win 8 out of 10 times.

On a random sidenote, I want Vitale and Phelps fired. I hate those two tools. Same with that other white guy (from UNC or Duke) who is always with Digger.

I prefer Lavin/Majerus/Musberger
greasywheels121
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 23 2006, 11:52 PM)
I prefer Lavin/Majerus/Musberger

Give me Erin Andrews too, and I'm set for life.
Da Bulls 88
Duke and Gonzaga screwed my bracket. banghead.gif

But i had UCLA winning in my other bracket.

Note: I'm like in 5 NCAA Tourny bracket pools. cool.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 23 2006, 08:22 PM)
He is a beast. 6'9 300lbs....he averaged almost 19 points and 10 rebounds...what do you guys think? I think he would be a terror for the bulls in the low post next year if he comes out.

he is like sweetney he is too small to play against big guys like the real shaq
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 24 2006, 04:10 PM)
he is like sweetney he is too small to play against big guys like the real shaq

I wouldn't take him with the knicks pick, but if our 2nd pick falls to 11-14...I think that he would be a good 2nd pick up in the draft. I think he would need to loose about 25 lbs to be successful in the nba.
SoxFan1
UConn up 14-8 early on George Mason. LSU and Memphis in the Final 4 already. Florida and Nova tonight for the final spot!
SoxFan1
I cannot believe that George Flippin Mason is in the Final 4. Might as well mess up my ENTIRE bracket!
greasywheels121
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:24 PM)
I cannot believe that George Flippin Mason is in the Final 4. Might as well mess up my ENTIRE bracket!

It's worth it. I'm pulling for them to keep this run going in Indy.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:28 PM)
It's worth it. I'm pulling for them to keep this run going in Indy.

Me too. I want Nove/GM to duke it out on the championship game. If Nova wins, yay for my bracket. If GM wins, what a cinderella story!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:30 PM)
Me too. I want Nove/GM to duke it out on the championship game. If Nova wins, yay for my bracket. If GM wins, what a cinderella story!

And now that Nova is out, my bracket is officially spiff.
madisonsmadhouse
This year might be the best big dance ever... George Mason is the lowest seed ever into the final 4, and this is the only time ever besides 1980 that no #1 seeds are in the Final 4.

Awesome. I love parody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.