Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN Insider Blurb
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Chad Ford spoke yesterday with Bulls GM John Paxson, who told him that the choice was down to Bargnani, Thomas and LaMarcus Aldridge. Within the Bulls organization, the respective camps had made their pitches, and Paxson said, "Now I've got to go pick the guy I feel most comfortable with."

The word is that Paxson is a Thomas fan, but Thomas didn't endear himself to Chicago coach Scott Skiles with the two workouts he cut short.

Still, according to Paxson, he's making the decision based on who will be "the best player down the road and a guy who fits the character of the team."

This is from insider and I know Pax wouldn't necessarily straight out tell Ford the truth, but they talked and these were the 3 players he said they were thinking about.

All of them are bigs, so I'm happy with that and honestly at this point they've put all this time into scouting that if they take a guy some of us (us amateurs smile.gif ) don't like, well in the end we aren't getting paid the bucks they are to do what they do. Nor have we interviewed the players, seen there workouts, etc.
SoxFan1
"the best player down the road and a guy who fits the character of the team."

Ugh, hello Tyrus Thomas. puke.gif
s720
You might regret your puke.gif on TT someday!
The Dude Abides
I think the interest in Thomas is a smokescreen for trade bait...

This team already has some projects and we have been waiting for Chandler to learn how to play basketball for 5 years.

I think we take Aldridge at 2 bc he is most likely to contribute and will be a solid pro much quicker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.