Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamarcus Going to the Bulls? Update!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
The Gladiator
stephen a smith on 1050 has said that the raptors are taking bargs and that in a heartbeat the bulls would take aldridge. and said he heard that the bulls have a deal in place with aldridge's agent. this he said at 1:30pm on his show.

I got this from REALGM So. I hope this is true.
WHarris1
Please for the love of God be true
SoxFan1
Best news I have heard all damn week. I reiterate what Willie said, BE TRUE!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:15 PM)
Please for the love of God be true

he said this at 1:30 so... It could be true, maybe Pax is trying to smoke screen everyone that hes taking Tyrus so that teams will deal with him so we can pick Lamarcus l8r..
DutheDoduhon21
that would be great news, quite frankly i love stephen A smith laugh.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 01:17 PM)
he said this at 1:30 so... It could be true, maybe Pax is trying to smoke screen everyone that hes taking Tyrus so that teams will deal with him so we can pick Lamarcus l8r..

It is interesting that Aldridge was the guy that had the least said about him by John Paxson. I really think that LeMarcus is the best fit for what Chicago needs. Without having a superior impact player available, only potential, I have no problem with them drafting LA, even if guys like Gay, Thomas, and Roy end up better in the long run.
Kogs35
i usually never listen to screaming a smith but i started jumping up and down when i heard this today.
Chisoxfn
Man, that put a big old grin on my face since I think Aldridge has the size, physical ability and some pretty good low post moves. He will need to get stronger and will obviously need to become a bit more agressive, but the tools are all there for him to be a very solid big in this league for a long time.

Obviously nothing is official until we make it official, but for once Stephen A has made me a little happier.

Gladiator, thanks for posting this update for us smile.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 01:21 PM)
Man, that put a big old grin on my face since I think Aldridge has the size, physical ability and some pretty good low post moves. He will need to get stronger and will obviously need to become a bit more agressive, but the tools are all there for him to be a very solid big in this league for a long time.

Obviously nothing is official until we make it official, but for once Stephen A has made me a little happier.

Gladiator, thanks for posting this update for us smile.gif

No Prob, Im hoping we pick LA biggrin.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:20 PM)
It is interesting that Aldridge was the guy that had the least said about him by John Paxson. I really think that LeMarcus is the best fit for what Chicago needs. Without having a superior impact player available, only potential, I have no problem with them drafting LA, even if guys like Gay, Thomas, and Roy end up better in the long run.

I said that a while ago: Pax wasn't talking about Aldridge or Roy much, which lead me to believe that he was leaning toward one of those two. No way he'd say that much about Thomas in interviews if that was who he was going to take.

I've made it clear that I like Aldridge a lot. He gives us a long big man that is athletic for his size and has some offensive talent. I expect him to play right away and average at least 8 points and 6 boards with about a block a game, quite possibly more. That will help us a lot.
bullkirk
We will pick Tyrus
HoofHearted
I hate screamin' A, but he is one of the most accurate insiders at ESPN, if not THE most accurate. When I think back at all the rumors and things he has reported, I would say 90% or more were true or rumors based on fact. Im not getting my hopes up, but here's to hoping it's true.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 11:30 AM)
I hate screamin' A, but he is one of the most accurate insiders at ESPN, if not THE most accurate. When I think back at all the rumors and things he has reported, I would say 90% or more were true or rumors based on fact. Im not getting my hopes up, but here's to hoping it's true.

I doubt 90% were true, but he does have his sources. Personally I miss David Aldridge a ton. I wish ESPN could have kept both.
erw9z3
I don't think that Aldridge is going to make the immediate impact that you guys are hoping for. He isn't anywhere near the athlete that Thomas is and he has to toughen up a lot if he is going to do anything in the post for an NBA team.

If anyone saw the game against LSU in the tourney Glen Davis continually pushed him outside the blocks and killed his offensive game.

I think that the best pick for the Bulls next year (as well as down the road) would be Brandon Roy. He is a big guard, which the Bulls need, and an all-around player.

bullssmilie1.jpg
The Gladiator
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:33 PM)
I don't think that Aldridge is going to make the immediate impact that you guys are hoping for. He isn't anywhere near the athlete that Thomas is and he has to toughen up a lot if he is going to do anything in the post for an NBA team.

If anyone saw the game against LSU in the tourney Glen Davis continually pushed him outside the blocks and killed his offensive game.

I think that the best pick for the Bulls next year (as well as down the road) would be Brandon Roy. He is a big guard, which the Bulls need, and an all-around player.

bullssmilie1.jpg

Lamarcus wont be going up against too many 300+ pounders in the NBA unless its Shaq, Curry etc..
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:33 AM)
I don't think that Aldridge is going to make the immediate impact that you guys are hoping for.  He isn't anywhere near the athlete that Thomas is and he has to toughen up a lot if he is going to do anything in the post for an NBA team.

I think that the best pick for the Bulls next year (as well as down the road) would be Brandon Roy.  He is a big guard, which the Bulls need, and an all-around player.

bullssmilie1.jpg

Still that was one game. Aldridge showed up pretty consistently in most games all while playing with some pretty talented players around him (which limited his shots) as well as the fact that he played with a shoot first guard in Gibson (albeit a good guard).

He's got a nice mid range game, has good back to the basket post moves (something only Sweetney possesses on this team and unless Sweet's can get into better shape he will never be anything more than a bench player) and Aldridge has the tools to be a pretty solid defensive player.

I really think people look way into that game on Glen Davis. Sure Aldridge will get bullied around by some of the bigger 4's in this league, but not many are as strong or big as Davis. Plus look at guys like Bosh and other youngsters that came into this league, they were undersized but in time you can add strength and get better.

The skills are there and I think he'll be a nice pickup, especially if/when we sign a vet big or two to go with him.

By the way, I want to say welcome aboard. Great to have another Bulls fan here cheers.gif headbang.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 01:35 PM)
Lamarcus wont be going up against too many 300+ pounders in the NBA unless its Shaq, Curry etc..

That's so true, and it was some horrible coaching to put him on Davis defensively. No way Thomas would have been getting all those alley-oops if Aldridge were guarding him instead of apparently no one guarding him. Aldridge has a good 3 inches and 20 pounds on Tyrus, which means he not only is a bigger PF, he can also play C if he adds some bulk.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:33 PM)

bullssmilie1.jpg

I know the Davis comparison gets made all of the time, but also you have to take into account that LA was a very successful player in an offense that didn't get him the ball nearly enough. He also was playing against widebodied players every night in the Big 12, and he seemed to handle that pretty well as well.

Also Welcome to TalkBulls cheers.gif
erw9z3
True, but most centers in the NBA, 300 lb, or not, are just as strong as Davis is.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:42 PM)
True, but most centers in the NBA, 300 lb, or not, are just as strong as Davis is.

They will have to choose between him and Tyson, either way it will help one of their games with one drawing the big guy and knowing they can dump it to the other in a favorable size matchup.

Also, LaMarcus packed the spiff out of TTs shot the one time he faced up against him off a rebound play. Take it as it is.
The Gladiator
Its official.. Paxson has made up his mind, reporters are saying Lamarcus is the man!

dry.gif I hope lol srry for the rush!
sport1016
Andy Katz just said this in a live chat

Andy Katz: (3:40 PM ET ) I've been told Thomas or Aldridge. That's it. With them leaning going toward Aldridge.

About us. Thank God.

We have to take aldridge or Roy. We have to. I am jumping up at down at work. This looks bad for me, but good for the bulls.
SoxFan1
Happy happy happy. Happy happy happy.
erw9z3
Aldridge's bulk really doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is the way that he disappeared for strectches during games. I hope it was just that Texas, for one reason or another didn't get him the ball, but a guy with that kind of talent can't disappear offensively.

There would be a lot of pressure on him next year too. Chandler doesn't do anything to make other teams worry about him, so he is going to be the one and only thought of all post defenders.
Chisoxfn
I really don't have a problem cause Thomas could very well turn into a star (at least he's athletically gifted) while Aldridge would give us the post presence we needed.

Now if we took a PG, than I'd have problems, lol.

And for those of you that hate the idea of taking Thomas, just think if we do take Thomas, at least we don't have the other Thomas, you know, the one running the Knicks who gave us this pick and the ability to swap picks with them next year. Drinking.gif
erw9z3
No team has ever worried about Chandler on offense. Aldridge would be the only concern.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 02:47 PM)
Aldridge's bulk really doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is the way that he disappeared for strectches during games. I hope it was just that Texas, for one reason or another didn't get him the ball, but a guy with that kind of talent can't disappear offensively.

There would be a lot of pressure on him next year too. Chandler doesn't do anything to make other teams worry about him, so he is going to be the one and only thought of all post defenders.

First off, welcome aboard. cheers.gif

And to adress your point about dissapearing, I think it was due to the offense Texas ran. They didn't get the ball to Aldridge down low as much as they should have.
HoofHearted
"Happy, happy, happy, oh I'm so happy today!"

The Gladiator
Well we know for sure that Toronto is taking Bargnani. Reports on Radio and im sure there are reports on the web somewhere. That leaves us with Tyrus Or Lamarcus? I think Roy is out of the question now IMO.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:49 AM)
No team has ever worried about Chandler on offense. Aldridge would be the only concern.

The nice part is if the team does pick up another offensive option (be it Drew Gooden, Harrington - even though his game is more of a SF's offensively) it would at least take the pressure off of Chandler and allow him to do his thing defensively while at the same time taking hte pressure of Aldridge (so he could come in, play hard, get his minutes, but we'd have more proven guys also filling in).

Regardless:
Aldridge and a Gooden/Harrington or even Jared Jeffries mixed in with a bit of Sweetney is ligth-years better than what we had offensively at the 4 or 5 last year. And even better we'd have a guy in Aldridge who could turn into a 16/10 type player all while playing pretty good defense in time (maybe even a 20/10 but thats a relatively elite class).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 11:51 AM)
Well we know for sure that Toronto is taking Bargnani. Reports on Radio and im sure there are reports on the web somewhere. That leaves us with Tyrus Or Lamarcus? I think Roy is out of the question now IMO.

Nothing is for sure until its announced and done and they suit up with the respected teams, but it looks that way.

If Bargs slides to 2 I think Paxson takes him though.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:49 PM)

Tyson's offense benefitted A LOT from having Curry draw bigger men off him, when he was against smaller players he was good in 04-05. If they comp decides to guard him with their biggest man, then he wont be available to guard Lamarcus, and if he guards Lamarcus I am confident Tyson can work on the smaller player.
SoxFan1
If we draft Lamarcus and sign an offensive threat like Drew Gooden or Al Harrington, I will be very happy.

Basically, nothing but good things come from drafting Aldridge.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (erw9z3 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:47 PM)

The team he was on had something to do with that. He didn't get the ball anywhere near enough. Besides the fact that he was clearly the most talented player on the team, he got fewer shots than P.J. Tucker and Daniel Gibson, getting less than 10.5 shots per game. It wasn't uncommon for him to get single digit shot attempts in a game, which is just unacceptable. His guards didn't help his cause at all, and Rick Barnes apparently didn't drill it into their heads enough that LaMarcus needs to touch the ball every possession.
beck72
I like this much better than Thomas. In Pax's last chat on the teams' web site he called Aldridge a versatile 4/ 5. Thomas has versatility as well. But it more of him being a 3 or a 4
The Gladiator
WE ARE LESS THAN 3 HOURS AWAY FOLKS! I CANT WAIT biggrin.gif
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 02:11 PM)
WE ARE LESS THAN 3 HOURS AWAY FOLKS! I CANT WAIT biggrin.gif

Doesnt the draft start at 7 CT?
The Gladiator
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 02:13 PM)
Doesnt the draft start at 7 CT?

No 6!!!!
The Gladiator
O yes and might I add that at 9:30 PM CT tune into Comcast Sports net because there running a draft post game show for the BUlls where reporters will be talking to the Bulls Draftees and Mark Schnowski and Stacy King give analysis.
WHarris1
Draft is at 6:30
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2006, 02:19 PM)
Draft is at 6:30

Is it? I thought it was @ 6
The Gladiator
nvm yep ur right but a Draft Preview is on @ 6. The actual Draft is at 6:30.
Soxbadger
Ill be happy if they take Aldridge.
sport1016
If we trade sweets and 16 for Ollie and 13 (presumably to get brewer or carney?) we will look pretty damn formidable as long as we sign ONE big free agent.
Brewer could fall to 13 bc it has been said that a lot of teams in mid to late lottery are just going with best big available (GS, Seatle, NOK) and Orlando, who could pick brewer, is said to be going with redick. Brewer would be there at 13, bc NOK will either take carney or a big at 12.

Hinrich/Duhon/Ollie
Gordon/Brewer or Carney
Deng/Noc
Chandler/Aldridge/Songalia
Free Agent/Chandler/Malik Allen

is a very nice active roster

Here's what draft will look like based on new info
TOR-Bargs
BULLIES-aldridge YES!!!!
Charlotte-Gay
Portland-Morrison
ATL-Williams
Minn-Tyrus, where he can become a star sf, bc he is not a pf, no matter what
Boston-Foye/Roy
Houston-Roy/foye
GS-Obryant/simmons
Seatle-obryant/simmons
Orlando-Redick
NOK-Carney/hilton armstrong
PHI-we get this pick and take Brewer!!!!!!

awesome draft!!!!!!
The Dude Abides
I hope this is true!!!!!!!
hinrich fan
If it is Aldridge at #2....hook them 'Horns all the way to sweet home Chicago.

I want Aldridge with the Bulls.... I see it now...

Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, ALDRIDGE, and Sweets....

Skiles starting five!!!!

Playoffs at UC next year.....third year in a row!!!

Jerry who??? as in fat man Krause...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Jun 28 2006, 05:26 PM)
If it is Aldridge at #2....hook them 'Horns all the way to sweet home Chicago.

I want Aldridge with the Bulls.... I see it now...

Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, ALDRIDGE, and Sweets....

Skiles starting five!!!!

Playoffs at UC next year.....third year in a row!!!

Jerry who??? as in fat man Krause...

No Deng? jpshakehead.gif

Don't forget we will still sign some guys tyhrough FA.
hinrich fan
hey...sorry soxfan 1.....didn't mean to leave Luol out....and yes..we still got plenty of cap room in FA.
SoxFan1
Well, the source was correct. We DID pick Aldridge.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:52 PM)
Well, the source was correct. We DID pick Aldridge.

lol ya....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.