Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Songalia
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Brian
from rotoworld.com

Darius Songaila - F - Bulls

Darius Songaila has declined his option with the Bulls and will be a free agent this summer.
He says he wants to be back with the Bulls next year, but if he really wanted to be back, he would have taken the option. Jun. 28 - 12:54 pm et
Chisoxfn
The Bulls will likely still hold the status of him. I was reading and we have the ability to (if I understand the ruling right) make him a restricted free agent which means we can match any offer.

I think he does want to come back to the Bulls but would like a longer term deal for himself and if the Bulls won't give it to him, someone else in this league will.

Not necessarily more money per year, just the fact that he'd have a long term deal which guarantees him a nice comfie retirement.
sport1016
Exactly.

He still wants to play for us, he just doesn't want to be in a contract year again. If we give him a multi-year deal with a slight raise he is ours. I am sure he will test the market, and I worry that someone could make him an offer not worth it to us bc he is a good scorer, but he will give us a chance to match anything before he signs elsewhere, though he is unrestricted.
Bullseye
I hope we bring him back...
Bullseye
can songalia play both forward spots?
The Dude Abides
I hope we bring him back. He is a good role player coming off the bench. Once we have some low post scoring...it will make Song more of a matcup problem and his game will become more valuable bc of his versatility.
nitetrain8601
He's a pretty good backup. I'd hope we could keep him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.