Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sixers and Bulls Making a Swap
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
From the Daily Herald
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp?id=203226
Sweetney #16 for #13 and Kevin Ollie

There is also some talk in there about discussions for Garnett, Hassel as well as Marques Daniels of the Mavs (but says the Bulls are leary to take on Daniels contract for the 16).

They go on to say if the Bulls stay @ 16 look for Telofesha or if Sene stays around we'd like him as well.

If we were giving up Sweets to move up 3 spots, I'd have some issues because I Think if he gets in shape he could be a very nice scoring option off our bench (maybe even as a starter). He has a fleury of moves but he really tired last season but I see a lot of things to like about Sweets.
ZoomSlowik
I like the other ideas a lot more than Kevin Ollie. I would take Daniels for #16 in a heartbeat, contract be damned.
madisonsmadhouse
If we draft Aldridge, we need one less big man anyways.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:34 AM)
I like the other ideas a lot more than Kevin Ollie. I would take Daniels for #16 in a heartbeat, contract be damned.

Its nice we don't have a contract to offer back (since it means we don't have any ugly contracts sans Chandlers) but at the same time if we did just have a guy with a smaller contract we didn't want this wouldn't work out too bad for the Bulls.

Daniels would be a really nice fit as a guy that could get minutes at the 2 and really help our offense. He's pretty talented, but stuck behind some other guys in Dallas. Of course he did have a down year, but the potential is there.
DutheDoduhon21
Sweetney #16 for #13 and Kevin Ollie

i would do this in a heartbeat i dont like ollie much but we could get a player we want and 13 i never cared much for sweetney
sport1016
I would rather have Ollie as #3 pg than pargo bc he is a much more traditional point guard and shouldn't get too many mins anyway if hinrich and duhon aren't playing much 2 guard.

Who is available at 13 who won't be at 16? Brewer, perhaps?
maggsmaggs
that deal would be good. Skiles does not like Sweetney as a player, so he is going to be nothing more than a 11 or 12 for us. With the 13th pick, we are basically assured of Sefolosha or Brewer. And a a top big could fall that far like O'Bryant. Do it, John and Billy (Sixers GM?)
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 28 2006, 12:24 PM)
that deal would be good. Skiles does not like Sweetney as a player, so he is going to be nothing more than a 11 or 12 for us. With the 13th pick, we are basically assured of Sefolosha or Brewer. And a a top big could fall that far like O'Bryant. Do it, John and Billy (Sixers GM?)

If it meant we were able to get a guy we really liked than I have no problem with that (and be we I refer to Pax).

Say O'Bryant and Simmons would be off the board as well as any other guys they may like, but at 13 they'd be able to nab "their" guy well go for it.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:36 PM)
If we draft Aldridge, we need one less big man anyways.

One less? We have very little size to begin with...if we draft Aldridge and trade sweetney for a pick to grab a big guard, another big man still better be on the way via free agency...
sport1016
Assuming we go after a better free agent big, like nene or muhammed, we don't need to keep all of malik allen, sweets, and songalia. Of the three, i would prefer allen bc he can actually play some center and songalia, bc he is the best scorer of the three.

Trading sweets for ollie is a good way to get rid of both sweets and pargo, another draft day present!
illinilaw08
Yeah, I dont really like this deal unless it's a deal made during the draft. Ollie really does not bring that much to the table IMO and if Sweets comes into camp this year in shape, he's more of a low post scorer than anyone currently on the Bulls. In the FA class there are some solid defensive bigs (Pryzbilla, Nazr) but the Bulls need all the bigs they can get, not more guards.

The only way this deal makes sense is if the Bulls need to trade up to get the guy they want. In that case, I'm all for it.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jun 28 2006, 03:55 PM)
Yeah, I dont really like this deal unless it's a deal made during the draft. Ollie really does not bring that much to the table IMO and if Sweets comes into camp this year in shape, he's more of a low post scorer than anyone currently on the Bulls. In the FA class there are some solid defensive bigs (Pryzbilla, Nazr) but the Bulls need all the bigs they can get, not more guards.

The only way this deal makes sense is if the Bulls need to trade up to get the guy they want. In that case, I'm all for it.

Maybe a guy like Brewer or maybe their hoping to snag anyone who falls that low like an O'Bryant or a Carney.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 02:36 PM)
One less? We have very little size to begin with...if we draft Aldridge and trade sweetney for a pick to grab a big guard, another big man still better be on the way via free agency...

Sweetney only averaged about 19 minutes a game. Aldridge would easily play more than that, with probably at least the same points and rebounds totals and some actual defense. That's definitely a step in the right direction in adding another legit big guy.
sport1016
IT is probably a during the draft trade, depending on if bulls think their guy will fall to 16 or will be picked b4 13.

I REALLY think they want to move up to #9 to take brewer, but don't think it's worth never getting to see chandler and aldridge together as our frontcourt of the future.

hopefully 13 is high enough is GS would just take Obryant or sene. that's the real unknown.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 02:57 PM)
Sweetney only averaged about 19 minutes a game. Aldridge would easily play more than that, with probably at least the same points and rebounds totals and some actual defense. That's definitely a step in the right direction in adding another legit big guy.

Just as long as Songaila is coming back for sure...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 04:04 PM)
Just as long as Songaila is coming back for sure...

If not, Pax will make sure to get some good low post players through FA. I am really really hoping for Aldridge at 2 and Brewer at 13 if this deal goes down. I would be VERY happy with that. I really think Brewer could come in and start right away at SG. He has the talent to do so. Then, sign a PF who can score like Harrington or Gooden to play alongside Aldridge.

Hinrich, Brewer, Deng, Harrington/Gooden, Aldridge

Chandler, Nocioni, Gordon, etc. coming off the bench. Maybe it's too young but I don't know, just spitting something.
The Dude Abides
I like sweets coming off the bench to play PF..not center..He's 6'7. that was unfair to expect him to play center.

If sweets can loose 20lbs, he could be a big suprise this year. Imagine having him play at full potential, without having to change team chemistry or make a trade. I think sweets could be a 13pt/8 reb guy coming off the bench.
madisonsmadhouse
Doing the 16 for 13 deal with just a second round pick (which we are getting another 07 2nd rounder anyway from the Knicks next year) ended up being a way better move than the players being named anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.