Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Landlord" going to Bulls at #2!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pippen Aint Easy
Shelden Williams - - CLG - Jun. 28 - 11:45 am et 
The Oregonian's John Canzano said in his blog on Wednesday that the Bulls are reportedly targeting Shelden Williams with the second pick of tonight's draft.
Canzano has Tyrus Thomas, the consensus pick for the Bulls at No. 2 up until now, falling all the way down to the Warriors at No. 9. Canzano argues that Williams is ready to contribute right now, while Thomas lacks the persona and game to make a contribution to his team this year. If Williams does go No. 2 to the Bulls, it will shake up the draft, regardless of who the Toronto Raptors decide to take with the first pick.

WHAT THE HELL IS UP????
madisonsmadhouse
Sheldon Williams IS NOT going to be the #2 pick in this draft as long as the Bulls hold that pick. PERIOD>
Chisoxfn
Thats really interesting. I've seen a few people saying that we were in fact trying to move up to nab Williams later on in the top 10 but didn't know if that was true or not.

Quite interesting, it would be a reach, but I do think he's going to be a solid player (still it would be a reach).

Does this guy have any inside sources or anything?
SoxFan1
He's in Oregon. Come on.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:54 AM)
He's in Oregon. Come on.

In the words of the immortal Peter Griffin, Paxson's first lines at the press conference as to why you should not be mad about drafting Williams:

"Come on, Come on" tongue.gif biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 02:55 PM)
In the words of the immortal Peter Griffin, Paxson's first lines at the press conference as to why you should not be mad about drafting Williams:

"Come on, Come on" tongue.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
ZoomSlowik
Total load of crap. I trust Smith and Katz a lot more than this schmuck.
Bullieve It
I personally would like the pick. His talent has never been a question. I don't know why he isn't hyped...
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullieve It @ Jun 28 2006, 01:57 PM)
I personally would like the pick. His talent has never been a question. I don't know why he isn't hyped...

Because he's not that good. He's limited athletically and got more points than his talent would suggest because of all the attention Redick drew. Think Shane Battier, their potential is similarly low.
Chisoxfn
I like Shelden more than most, but I wouldn't take him @ 2 and I dont' think Pax will either.
HoofHearted
The draft cant come soon enough.
Bullieve It
Well you can't always draft the player with the most potential you have to fill needs... and sometimes that means taking a player that wouldnt normally be drafted that high..
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 03:01 PM)
The draft cant come soon enough.

We can ALL agree on that.
bschmaranz
I should just take a three and a half hour nap so the ulcer goes away until the draft.
The Gladiator
If sheldin williams gets picked by the Bulls.. Ill sell my head on EBAY.. puke.gif:
madisonsmadhouse
The funny thing is now we have guarenteed 3 different people will be Bulls just in the last 24 hours. *sigh* Damn I can't wait for this to be OVER!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 03:06 PM)
If sheldin williams gets picked by the Bulls.. Ill sell my head on EBAY.. puke.gif:

Then I will purchase it and slap the hell out of it. wink.gif laugh.gif
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:52 PM)
Sheldon Williams IS NOT going to be the #2 pick in this draft as long as the Bulls hold that pick. PERIOD>

exaclty.

I could see us moving into the top 10 to grab him with our orginal pick
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 02:07 PM)
Then I will purchase it and slap the hell out of it. wink.gif laugh.gif

biggrin.gif laugh.gif
sport1016
If we took roy at #2 I would try to trade up for simmons and williams

if we take him at #2 I would be fine with that, provided Paxson is willing to suit up and help score in the post.
SleepyWhiteSox
I saw this earlier but figured it was so ridiculous that it didn't even need to be mentioned...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.