Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland-Celtics trade
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Kogs35
portland trades sebatian tellfair to the celtics for the number 7 pick. talkin about it on espn news right now.
Chisoxfn
Interesting move. Telfair is quite talented but Portland gets a draft pick. I wonder if they are still working hard on landing AI.
Kogs35
4:50 eastern time andy katz will be on espn news IIRC
ZoomSlowik
Interesting move. Telfair is probably a better pure point than anyone in this draft. However, it's starting to sound like Portland can get Thomas or Roy at #7. Combine that with probably Morrison and 4 and that's some decent talent.
SoxFan1
Portland is really trying to stock up on talent. IMO, this is a steal for the Celts.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 02:53 PM)
Telfair is probably a better pure point than anyone in this draft.

Questionable...
SoxFan1
Telfair, Ratliff, and a 2nd round pick in 2008 for #7, Dickau, and Lafrentz.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 03:35 PM)
Questionable...

Well, this is a really weak PG class. Rondo isn't really a pure point, and Williams has limited athleticism. I actually think Farmar is the best, but he needs some more experience running the point. If nothing else, Telfair is pretty quick and already has two years under his belt.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 10:43 PM)
Well, this is a really weak PG class. Rondo isn't really a pure point, and Williams has limited athleticism. I actually think Farmar is the best, but he needs some more experience running the point. If nothing else, Telfair is pretty quick and already has two years under his belt.

I agree, good move by the Celtics, Marcus Williams might have been a solid choice but Telfair was a high school pick a year or two ago who is still thought by many to be a force soon when hes given a starting spot/opportunity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.