Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trading the #2?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
The skinny: We've had Tyrus Thomas here the entire time, but the rumblings Wednesday afternoon were that Aldridge was going to be the pick here. Perhaps Aldridge's staredown with Scott Skiles pushed Chicago over the top.

More likely, the Bulls, who have been in numerous trade talks, have a deal with another team for this pick.

This is from Chad Ford's mock draft that he has been updating throughout the day. This update came around 3:40pm. I think he is litterally walking around MSG going door to door and then back to his computer.

The hot rumor is that we draft Tyrus and Marcus williams for Twolves and trade them, Chandler, and gordon or deng July 1st when we get the cap room for Garnett.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 03:19 PM)
July 1st when we get the cap room for Garnett.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but can someone elaborate on that? Why the need to wait?
sport1016
It has to do with when People actually come off of the books I believe.

Pike, Othella, Songalia, Pargo (i think), Schensher, and anyone else that i can't think of come off the books at a certain date. It is either July 1st or july 12th, the date free agent negotiating begins or the day free agent signing can begin.

We could still trade for garnett b4 then, but the salaries would have to be within whatever the new CBA percentage is (15%?). So it is to our advantage to wait till then.

They could also easily announce the trade and then it officially happens a bit later, like when we announced the curry trade but it didn't go in the books till a week later bc it took him a long time to get there and pass his physical.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 03:35 PM)
They could also easily announce the trade and then it officially happens a bit later, like when we announced the curry trade but it didn't go in the books till a week later bc it took him a long time to get there and pass his physical.

I hope so 'cause I can't go more than hour with the thought of being stuck with tyrus...
sport1016
I hope so 'cause I can't go more than hour with the thought of being stuck with tyrus...

Same. Unless we were obvious and took someone like marcus williams at #16 who we didnt even work out, we won't know.

I would almost rather take aldridge as to not be on pins and needles.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:55 PM)
Same. Unless we were obvious and took someone like marcus williams at #16 who we didnt even work out, we won't know.

I would almost rather take aldridge as to not be on pins and needles.

And if another team comes with a better offer, we are stuck with 2 players we don't need. Unless this is a done deal and they agreed on it and it WILL be done on July 1st, I'm taking Aldridge.
sport1016
I don't think we'd do it if it wasn't a done deal. This is Pax. The guy probably doesn't get a haircut without making sure it's best for the team.
Wanne
That's WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for KG! Chandler and the 2 first rounders....that's my offer. If not...pound sand McHale.
The Gladiator
We are not trading the number 2 pick.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 28 2006, 05:12 PM)
We are not trading the number 2 pick.

huh.gif
The Dude Abides
we would get fleeced in this trade...2 1st rds, chandler and gordon? No freaking way! Remove Gordon and the 16th pick...throw in Duhon...

then 2nd pick, Chandler and Duhon...

Problem is, we dont have a center once we trade chandler...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 05:19 PM)
we would get fleeced in this trade...2 1st rds, chandler and gordon? No freaking way! Remove Gordon and the 16th pick...throw in Duhon...

then 2nd pick, Chandler and Duhon...

Problem is, we dont have a center once we trade chandler...

Laughable. You expect to get Garnett with 2, Duhon, and Chandler? Please.

ESPN says that teams are interested in the #2 pick. Especially Portland so they can nab Morrison.
Kogs35
rich bucher of espn just said the bulls have been talkin to portland and others about the number 2 pick. portland wants morrison. and screaming a smith saids ben wallace will be lookin at the bulls cause of money that the bulls have
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:13 PM)
huh.gif

No but the now I believe it as Stephen A Just said on ESPN that it looks like the Bulls could trade there number 2 for the 4 and 7 pick. One word, HELLYES!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kogs35 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:23 PM)
rich bucher of espn just said the bulls have been talkin to portland and others about the number 2 pick. portland wants morrison. and screaming a smith saids ben wallace will be lookin at the bulls cause of money that the bulls have

pray.gif
Soxbadger
If the bulls get the 4 and the 7 from the 2 that is pretty insane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.