Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland Boston deal done
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
Apparently Portland is sending Sebastian Telfair and some scraps (even more of a scrap than telfair) for #7 and Dickau

So blazers have 4 and 7.

Wow, they just robbed Danny Ainge blind.

They will end up with 2 of top 6 players (assuming williams goes #5) which is a good way to start rebuilding.
sport1016
I meant to add, this puts that #7 for duhon and #16 deal to dead.

So if we are moving up to get brewer, it is going to have to be 9 and GS or 13 and Phi (hopefully brewer is still available)
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 03:30 PM)
Wow, they just robbed Danny Ainge blind.

They will end up with 2 of top 6 players (assuming williams goes #5) which is a good way to start rebuilding.

Perfect way of putting it.
SoxFan1
I think the Celtics win this deal personally. Telfair is a very gifted player and is better than anyone the Celts would have gotten at 7 (Foye, Williams).
sport1016
Did ESPN brain wash you too? (Reference to Telfair documentary that I can't remember the name of)

I watched that show as was like, "wow, this kid is going to be pretty special." And then was like, "oh yeah, he's already in the league and sucks balls"
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:53 PM)
Did ESPN brain wash you too? (Reference to Telfair documentary that I can't remember the name of)

I watched that show as was like, "wow, this kid is going to be pretty special." And then was like, "oh yeah, he's already in the league and sucks balls"

You can't be serious. He is a true PG and averages about 19 points and 8 assists per 48 minutes. His only weakness is that he turns the ball over a bit but it was clear Portland was not a good fit for him. He will excel in Boston, I can guarantee that. ESPN does not weigh in my opinion that he is a good PG.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 03:56 PM)
You can't be serious. He is a true PG and averages about 19 points and 8 assists per 48 minutes. His only weakness is that he turns the ball over a bit but it was clear Portland was not a good fit for him. He will excel in Boston, I can guarantee that. ESPN does not weigh in my opinion that he is a good PG.

"per 48" arguments are the worst... jpshakehead.gif tongue.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 04:58 PM)
"per 48" arguments are the worst... jpshakehead.gif tongue.gif

Haha. laugh.gif
sport1016
They are bad.

I actually think he will be a decent pro, and playing with Pierce and Szczczczczzzerbiak..cz......can't hurt his assist numbers and help him find his jump shot, but he isn't better than the #7 prospect and Dickau combined. And what happens to delonte west now? Unless they trade szczczczczczczcerbiak and go small, someone will be unhappy on the bench.

They are giving up Roy/Gay/Tyrus plus dickau for telfair. I don't think that is a good move, and i don't know how to explain it better than that.
Bullseye
damn.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2006, 05:06 PM)
They are bad.

I actually think he will be a decent pro, and playing with Pierce and Szczczczczzzerbiak..cz......can't hurt his assist numbers and help him find his jump shot, but he isn't better than the #7 prospect and Dickau combined. And what happens to delonte west now? Unless they trade szczczczczczczcerbiak and go small, someone will be unhappy on the bench.

They are giving up Roy/Gay/Tyrus plus dickau for telfair. I don't think that is a good move, and i don't know how to explain it better than that.

They were never going to draft any of those guys. It was clear they needed a PG and Foye would have been their pick. Telfair is better than Foye, IMO. Chances are Roy/Gay/Thomas would all be gone by 7 anyway.
The Gladiator
Wow just Wow
Pippen Aint Easy
Here's an update on the trade:

Theo Ratliff - F/C - POR - Jun. 28 - 6:37 pm et 
According to the Boston Globe and NBA TV, the Celtics are also going to get center Theo Ratliff as part of the Sebastian Telfair deal.
The Blazers will get Dan Dickau, Raef LaFrentz and tonight's No. 7 pick in exchange for Ratliff and Telfair.
With center Joel Przybilla rumored to be heading to Chicago at some point, it makes sense that the Blazers will take a big man with the No. 4 pick tonight, as opposed to Adam Morrison. Jun. 28 - 6:37 pm et
nitetrain8601
Nice trade for Boston.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.