Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rate the Bulls draft
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The Dude Abides
Pax better have something up his sleeve for KG.
Bullseye
i'm bummed and disappointed. and hope that some blockbuster deal is in the works.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Why? This is a great draft as far as im concerned. We got what we needed, length and athletiscm to go along with a big gaurd in our backcourt. Tyrus makes sense to me because he is a Chicago-Type player because hes defensive minded and has good mental toughness. Sure I would be happy if we kept Lamarcus but Thomas will be a highlight real whenever he steps on the court for us. Look for Thomas to thrive off that same energy he put into games at LSU.
Bullseye
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:12 PM)
Why? This is a great draft as far as im concerned. We got what we needed, length and athletiscm to go along with a big gaurd in our backcourt. Tyrus makes sense to me because he is a Chicago-Type player because hes defensive minded and has good mental toughness. Sure I would be happy if we kept Lamarcus but Thomas will be a highlight real whenever he steps on the court for us. Look for Thomas to thrive off that same energy he put into games at LSU.

Are you Paxson? Because that is exactly what he said.
Soxbadger
If its Paxson please answer this:

How did we go from getting future considerations, to giving up a 2nd round pick?

That is what is the real kick in the teeth.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:12 PM)

How about size, I dont give a spiff how high a guy can hold his arms above his head, if he's 6'7" 215 playing PF, he's going to get spiff on. Our biggest problem was size and post scoring in our bigs(how did we solve that), length is such an overused term.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 08:13 PM)
Are you Paxson? Because that is exactly what he said.

No, I may have the same ideas he does and agree with him on both of the picks. Paxson is a smart guy. Remember, this guy completely turned this franchise around when he came in. 2 back-to-back Playoff appearances is a great starting point for his regime. So why not trust him?
SoxFan1
I am bummed and dissapointed but I did break 1 remote.
Bullseye
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:16 PM)
No, I may have the same ideas he does and agree with him on both of the picks. Paxson is a smart guy. Remember, this guy completely turned this franchise around when he came in. 2 back-to-back Playoff appearances is a great starting point for his regime. So why not trust him?

you are so full of it. We did not need athleticism, and we did not get length. We needed a big guy can score in the paint. Not some guy who will be a future SF.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:16 PM)
I am bummed and dissapointed but I did break 1 remote.

Im fine with it even though im not a big tyrus fan if you noticed.
Soxbadger
Plenty of teams make the playoffs in basketball.

The Bulls had a chance to get a legitimate big man and a high quality athletic SG/SF. Its just frustrating the Bulls never seem to get a big man.
Bullseye
The Thabo pick wasn't that bad. But drafting a SF-PF who is the child of Tyson Chandler and Shawm Marion makes no sense.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 08:19 PM)
you are so full of it. We did not need athleticism, and we did not get length. We needed a big guy can score in the paint. Not some guy who will be a future SF.

last I checked, Driving dunks or Driving layups or the same as Posting up in the paint as far as "Scoring In the paint". Those are the things Tyrus will do, he will get his points in transition and will beat his man off the dribble to get to the foul line. Nobody every said anything about HAVING to post up to get points. You guys need to think about some of this stuff before you post. You dont realize different ways you can score. You dont have to post up, sure it helps but obviously Paxson knows more about what this team needs than we do and thats why I fully trust him. Great Draft Pax biggrin.gif

O might I also add that perhaps John is molding this team into a Phoenix style offense? We have quickness and athletiscm now so maybe he is making this team into a quick transition offense. Dont really know, just speculating like all the rest of us are.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 08:16 PM)
How about size, I dont give a spiff how high a guy can hold his arms above his head, if he's 6'7" 215 playing PF, he's going to get spiff on. Our biggest problem was size and post scoring in our bigs(how did we solve that), length is such an overused term.

Exactly...

How does this help us with low post scoring? How does this help us when we need back to the basket plays?

Noch had to play out of position at PF. He's 6'7 and did an admirable job...but we needed height and size. we did not get either with this pick. TT will not score in the post.

We now continue to have an undersized team, no low post scoring and a freaking log jam at SF.

Plus, we have to wait 4 years to see if TT can play. Havent we learned from Chandler?
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:23 PM)
last I checked, Driving dunks or Driving layups or the same as Posting up in the paint as far as "Scoring In the paint". Those are the things Tyrus will do, he will get his points in transition and will beat his man off the dribble to get to the foul line. Nobody every said anything about HAVING to post up to get points. You guys need to think about some of this stuff before you post. You dont realize different ways you can score. You dont have to post up, sure it helps but obviously Paxson knows more about what this team needs than we do and thats why I fully trust him. Great Draft Pax biggrin.gif

When we are in a close game...in the 4th quarter...is it going to make more sense to have a guy who can bang and post up or try to get an ally oop?

Having a banger down low will help us control the clock, get easier buckets and most importantly...get to the free throw line more.

Thomas can dunk...but that wont help us in crunch time like a low post player would. that's why we lost leads in the 4th quarter and collapsed at the end of games.
ZoomSlowik

O might I also add that perhaps John is molding this team into a Phoenix style offense? We have quickness and athletiscm now so maybe he is making this team into a quick transition offense. Dont really know, just speculating like all the rest of us are.

Tyrus doesn't "drive" on anyone. He has no ball-handling ability whatsoever. Unless it's in transition or on an alley-oop, he's not doing much scoring.
HoofHearted

Yep, he'll drive to the hoop through guys 3 inches taller than him and 40 pounds heavier, he'll just pull a flash and drive through traffic like nothing. He's so athletic, he can overcome size and high jump over everybody in the lane and dunk from the three point line. His athleticism will allow him to do anything, like not get his spiff packed when he tries to run into the pant and score. Im sure he wont be out-muscled like hell by actual NBA post players on rebounds either, so he'll be putting back everything that comes his way. He'll out jump the bigger guys who box him out, come down with every rebound and put up those shots completely uncontested by the guys much bigger than him.
Bullseye

dude. TT is 6'8" and is most likely going to play SF in the long run. Last time I checked, we already have 2 SF who are all-star capable.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 08:27 PM)
Yep, he'll drive to the hoop through guys 3 inches taller than him and 40 pounds heavier, he'll just pull a flash and drive through traffic like nothing. He's so athletic, he can overcome size and high jump over everybody in the lane and dunk from the three point line. His athleticism will allow him to do anything, like not get his spiff packed when he tries to run into the pant and score. Im sure he wont be out-muscled like hell by actual NBA post players on rebounds either, so he'll be putting back evrything that comes his way. He'll out jump the bigger guys who box him out, come down with every rebound and put up those shots completely uncontested by the guys much bigger than him.

Dont break your neck falling off the bandwagon or anything... wink.gif
Soxbadger
Hell be able to do all that without a big man in the lane creating space either.
HoofHearted
This post has been edited by the TalkBulls staff to remove objectionable material. TalkBulls encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 08:31 PM)
This post has been edited by the TalkBulls staff to remove objectionable material. TalkBulls encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Since when is it not ok to be optomistic? Your acting like a bullhead. Nobody knows if tyrus will score or not. You make it seem like its not possible for him to do so wich is absolutley not the case. Plz all im asking is give the kid a chance before you guys put him down the way you are. Maybe he'll pan out maybe he wont. I would like to think he will be a great player for the future and im not mad at any of you, im dissapointed. I realize you dont like Tyrus Thomas thats fine, but lets do us all a favor and wait to see how well he will do.
SoxFan1
Guys, stop the bickering. Most of us are angry, we know, but don't take it out on others.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
BTW, pretty much everyone else on ESPN loves the Bulls picks so im not the only one who likes what were doing... And there smarter than us.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:37 PM)
Guys, stop the bickering. Most of us are angry, we know, but don't take it out on others.

can I take it out on you? cheers.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:38 PM)
BTW, pretty much everyone else on ESPN loves the Bulls picks so im not the only one who likes what were doing... And there smarter than us.

Yeah, the guys on ESPN are infallible. They never get anything wrong, and never over-hype a player with limited skills because he dunks a lot.
WHarris1
Fuckin Pax ruined my draftnight

PITIFUL
soxfan101
That is kind of weird... most people here have hated our picks and stuff while loving what Portland has done and than its 100% opposite of what ESPN is thinking. I dont know but im pissed still.
HoofHearted

The same people at ESPN who said if the Sox didnt get AJ Burnett at the deadline last year, that they would have no chance at the WS? Or is that the same ESPN who have such people "smarter" than us, that they proclaim that Randy Johnson was going to win 30 games last year? Not attacking you, just the notion of ESPN analysts being infallible and the ultimate intelligent source.
Soxbadger
Not the same espn that said the White Sox got screwed dealing Loaiza for Contreras!

OMG NOOoO!

(J/K)

Ive seen these players play and you just have to go with your gut feeling. And Tyrus may turn out to be the next great thing, but I think the better route would have been Aldridge.
The Dude Abides

You lost all credibility with that statement.

Just because Duke Vitale, Stephen A Smith and Jay Bilas like our picks doesnt mean we made good picks. in fact, to me...that validates we messed up.

They tore portland a new one for getting Aldridge and Roy...2 character guys who are going to be all stars.

they got rid of a problem in Telfair and got Roy!!! that was awesome. and espn is slamming them.

ESPN is awful and I pray that NBA TV has draft coverage of their own as an alternative next year.

Hell is Stephen A, Duke Vitale and Stu Scott for 4 hours straight.
WHarris1
We needed size down low so we traded a 6-11 PF for a 6-8 SF...w000000000t
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:42 PM)
That is kind of weird... most people here have hated our picks and stuff while loving what Portland has done and than its 100% opposite of what ESPN is thinking. I dont know but im pissed still.

Portland getting Aldridge and Foye is pretty solid. Those are two pretty useful players. Aldridge has some serious potential in the post, and Foye can be a dangerous combo guard. It's not a stellar group, but it's about the best you can do in this draft.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:45 PM)
We needed size down low so we traded a 6-11 PF for a 6-8 SF...w000000000t

We still have free agency Willie.......
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 08:45 PM)
You lost all credibility with that statement.

Just because Duke Vitale, Stephen A Smith and Jay Bilas like our picks doesnt mean we made good picks. in fact, to me...that validates we messed up.

They tore portland a new one for getting Aldridge and Roy...2 character guys who are going to be all stars.

they got rid of a problem in Telfair and got Roy!!! that was awesome. and espn is slamming them.

ESPN is awful and I pray that NBA TV has draft coverage of their own as an alternative next year.

Hell is Stephen A, Duke Vitale and Stu Scott for 4 hours straight.

I agree entirely about their NBA draft coverage. About the only way they could make it worse is if they put Chris Berman in there instead of Dan Patrick.

They got Foye though, not Roy.

Edit-my bad, missed the Foye for Roy trade. You can argue that they got the best 2 players in the draft. (though I would say Bargs and Gay personally)
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Aldridge and Roy...2 character guys who are going to be all stars.

When did that happen?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:47 PM)
We still have free agency Willie.......

And which PF or Center in free agency is going to solidify our low post game offensively?
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:48 PM)
When did that happen?

You know how they got Aldridge, and they traded Foye for Roy.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:48 PM)
And which PF or Center in free agency is going to solidify our low post game offensively?

Call me crazy but Nazr Mohammed was great in New York and is a cheap free agent.

And I can dream but always gonna hope for a player like Wallace but I know it wont happen.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:50 PM)
Call me crazy but Nazr Mohammed was great in New York and is a cheap free agent.

And I can dream but always gonna hope for a player like Wallace but I know it wont happen.

Oh, for a second, I thought I said offensively.
Soxbadger
Roy and Foye were swapped

Foye is a wolve

Roy is a Blazer
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:51 PM)

The way we are drafting our team we are going to have to use our guards to score next season. Unless Tyson and Tyrus surprise us offensively in training camp and in the Rocky Mountain League.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 08:48 PM)
I agree entirely about their NBA draft coverage. About the only way they could make it worse is if they put Chris Berman in there instead of Dan Patrick.

They got Foye though, not Roy.

Edit-my bad, missed the Foye for Roy trade. You can argue that they got the best 2 players in the draft. (though I would say Bargs and Gay personally)

I thought they traded Foye for Roy? Or did I mix it up?

Pretty sure they ended up with Roy though.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 28 2006, 08:52 PM)
Roy and Foye were swapped

Foye is a wolve

Roy is a Blazer

I fixed my post, I missed that. Great move.
B-4-Bulls
Good draft overall, wished we got Brewer though. sad.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:48 PM)
When did that happen?

Uh...the traded TT to us for Aldridge and fleeced us out of a 2nd round pick for us trading down and they traded Foye for Roy.
Soxbadger
Yeah NBA has to fix its rule about not announcing trades.

Why not just announce them when they are done
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:51 PM)

lolhitting.gif

Despite what someone said about Nene sucking, he really doesnt. He put up 10+ points a game as a role player in limited minutes off the bench so I think he can do very well for us. The knee injury blows, but he would be a nice addition provided he isnt going after huge loot.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 10:53 PM)
Uh...the traded TT to us for Aldridge and fleeced us out of a 2nd round pick for us trading down and they traded Foye for Roy.

And who was the last 2nd round pick we drafted that panned out...with exception of Duhon who has been a surprise and solid player.
Soxbadger
Well the good news is we still have room for a big man if Oden comes out next year.

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.