Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our New Lineup
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chi-town23-33
Since it appears the Bulls are done for tonight, what should they do during the FA signing period to improve this team for the playoffs?

Here's our current lineup:

PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Gordon/Sefolosha
SF Deng/Nocioni
PF Thomas/Khryapa
C Chandler

So do we bring back Songaila and Allen? Go after Ben Wallace or Nene?
ZoomSlowik
Big men, fast. They NEED Nene or Harrington now. Thomas and Khryapa are not starting quality PF's. In fact, they probably aren't even PF's at all.
Bullseye
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 08:28 PM)
Big men, fast. They NEED Nene or Harrington now. Thomas and Khryapa are not starting quality PF's. In fact, they probably aren't even PF's at all.

exactly. That is why Thomas and Krapface make no sense what so ever.

I hope we sign Nene or make a blockbuster move.
soxfan101
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 08:33 PM)

Why do people want Nene? Ive seen him play he is crap and he is going to demand a whole lot of money....
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:34 PM)
Why do people want Nene? Ive seen him play he is crap and he is going to demand a whole lot of money....

Because if we don't we're going to get man-handled in the post again and make another first round exit. Thomas and Kyhrapa aren't going to solve the problem. Pax forced us into this position by not taking Aldridge.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:27 PM)
Since it appears the Bulls are done for tonight, what should they do during the FA signing period to improve this team for the playoffs?

PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Gordon/Sefolosha
SF Deng/Nocioni
PF Thomas/Khryapa
C Chandler

Uh...TT and Krapka are both SF's...

Good thing we addressed size and low post scoring in this draft.
soxfan101
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 08:37 PM)
Because if we don't we're going to get man-handled in the post again and make another first round exit. Thomas and Kyhrapa aren't going to solve the problem. Pax forced us into this position by not taking Aldridge.

Well Nene is crap and if we waste all our F/A money on him and keep these draft picks I dont know if Ill watch the Bulls next season... seriously right now im questioning my fandome of the team.

That might sound weak to you guys but I was young during the Jordan era and I can remember the 2nd 3peat pretty clearly but still i was never a hardcore sports fan till 99 or 2000. And the Bulls have done nothing to keep me besides being in Chicago.

Ill never leave the Bears/Whitesox but right now the Bulls are on thin ice.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:49 PM)
Well Nene is crap and if we waste all our F/A money on him and keep these draft picks I dont know if Ill watch the Bulls next season... seriously right now im questioning my fandome of the team.

That might sound weak to you guys but I was young during the Jordan era and I can remember the 2nd 3peat pretty clearly but still i was never a hardcore sports fan till 99 or 2000. And the Bulls have done nothing to keep me besides being in Chicago.

Ill never leave the Bears/Whitesox but right now the Bulls are on thin ice.

I won't argue that over-paying for Nene would be a bad move, but our post situation hasn't improved at all otherwise. I'd rather have Nene than Pryzbilla, at least Nene can score, and is a similar rebounder.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:27 PM)

PG  Hinrich/Duhon
SG  Gordon/Sefolosha
SF    Deng/Nocioni
PF    Thomas/Khryapa
C    Chandler

Khryapa wasnt even a force on the Blazers roster he was a player playing in a Euro league for half the year he wont make a difference.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:59 PM)
Khryapa wasnt even on the Blazers roster he was a player playing in a Euro league for them I believe, he wont make a difference.

No, he's been on the roster for a season and a half.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:01 PM)
No, he's been on the roster for 2 seasons now.

He was in a Euro league half last of either last or year before because he was recovering from injury, either way this was completely pointless
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:02 PM)
He was in a Euro league half last of either last or year before because he was recovering from injury, either way this was completely pointless

yeah, I changed it. In 04-05, he was there for 32 games.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:27 PM)

PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Gordon/Sefolosha
SF Deng/Nocioni
PF Thomas/Khryapa
C Chandler

It's more like.

PG
Hinrich
Duhon
Pargo

SG
Gordon
Thefolosha
Basden

SF
Deng
Nocioni
Khryapa

PF
Sweetney
Thomas
*Songalia

C
Chandler
*Allen

Still weak depth at C, and PF if we lose Darius. Milwaukee is making it no secret they are willing to deal Magloire, but they would probably try to rape us as were in there division. Either way there are some guys out there who we can fill that need with, but none spectacular for the amount of cash they want.
The Dude Abides
I pray the lineup looks like this....

PG Hinrich, Pargo
SG Gordon, Sef
SF Noch, Thomas
PF Garnett, Sweets, Song
C Ben Wallace, Prys or Nazr

Trade Chandler, Duhon and Deng for Garnett(probably a couple of other throw ins)

Sign Ben Wallace and either Prys or Nazr...

Now we have low post scoring, Wallace's defense...and solid players coming off the Bench. If Sef lives to what I'm hearing about him...we will have our tall athletic SG to play D...

Could Pax be planning this? Are we this lucky? Am I living in denial about the awful mistake of drafting TT?

Tune in tomorrow. same bat time, same bat channel.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 10:32 PM)
I pray the lineup looks like this....

PG Hinrich, Pargo
SG Gordon, Sef
SF Noch, Thomas
PF Garnett, Sweets, Song
C Ben Wallace, Prys or Nazr

Trade Chandler, Duhon and Deng for Garnett(probably a couple of other throw ins)

Sign Ben Wallace and either Prys or Nazr...

Now we have low post scoring, Wallace's defense...and solid players coming off the Bench. If Sef lives to what I'm hearing about him...we will have our tall athletic SG to play D...

Could Pax be planning this? Are we this lucky? Am I living in denial about the awful mistake of drafting TT?

Tune in tomorrow. same bat time, same bat channel.

I'm not entirely sure that we can make that fit under the cap. We're adding like $30 mil in payroll just with Garnett and Wallace. Pryzbilla or Mohammed could be another 10. We got space, but we don't have that much.

Also, Thomas is a key piece for getting Garnett, so we probably don't get to keep him under any scenario.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:46 PM)
I'm not entirely sure that we can make that fit under the cap. We're adding like $30 mil in payroll just with Garnett and Wallace. Pryzbilla or Mohammed could be another 10. We got space, but we don't have that much.

Also, Thomas is a key piece for getting Garnett, so we probably don't get to keep him under any scenario.

You would have to factor in losing Chandler's contract and all the other FA's we have but I still think it would be over the cap.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:50 PM)
You would have to factor in losing Chandler's contract and all the other FA's we have but I still think it would be over the cap.

we would also be loosing Duhon's and Deng's..not huge..but would still factor.

If we get Garnett, Wallace would be nice, but if it's going to strap this team financially and make it hard to resign Hinrich, Gordon and Noch...then we could sign Pryz to play backup C and either Nazr or Nene to start. Garnett at PF, takes a lot of pressure of whoever our center is.
soxfan101
actually I dont think Garnett would really make sense for this team. In order to get him we prob would have to lose what Chandler, Deng, and one of Gordon or Thomas. Without all that are we really a good enough team to win right now because with Garnett you probably only have so many dominant seasons left.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:03 PM)
actually I dont think Garnett would really make sense for this team. In order to get him we prob would have to lose what Chandler, Deng, and one of Gordon or Thomas. Without all that are we really a good enough team to win right now because with Garnett you probably only have so many dominant seasons left.

Hinrich, Gordon, and Nocioni still gives you a better supporting cast than he had in Minnesota.
soxfan101
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:05 PM)
Hinrich, Gordon, and Nocioni still gives you a better supporting cast than he had in Minnesota.

maybe this last year but how about when he had Cassell and a Sprewell. Plus Lafrentz or whatevr too.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:05 PM)

Absolutely. Those players would fit in great with KG. They all know how to play their part and do it well.

Plus, I guarantee with having a superstar low post player, it will free up Gordon and Hinrich. Gordon will make a huge jump if the defense has to cater to KG.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:06 PM)
maybe this last year but how about when he had Cassell and a Sprewell. Plus Lafrentz or whatevr too.

Yes, it's definitely better. For one, you have three solid players as opposed to two. Second, Hinrich and Gordon are better right now than those guys were at that point in their careers. Both players can probably add two points to their average playing with KG. Gordon especially would be a killer because of all the double teams KG draws.

LaFrentz was never on the Timberwolves.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 08:33 PM)

Krapface? How old are you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.