Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Tyrus Thomas have any future at PF?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Bullseye
Do any of you think TT has a chance in the NBA as a PF? Unless he starts eating only steak and potatoes, and working out 24/7, I think not. He will get man handled in the NBA. What is the average size for starting PF's in the NBA? 6'9"+ and weighing 250+
SoxFan1
Simply put, no.
Bullseye
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:20 PM)
Simply put, no.

exactly.

What about Kryhpa(sp?, krapface was a lot easier)? Could he platoon at PF also?
The Dude Abides
No, we just drafted another SF and then got another one from Portland.

Has to be the biggest bonehead draft since Brand for Chandler.

We traded for a project who has no offensive skills, who is going to be a SF and gave up a big man who can play in the low post.
ChWRoCk2
we can by him stilts and then he can be a center

smile.gif
Bullseye
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:23 PM)
we can by him stilts and then he can be a center

smile.gif

But that would cut down on his super jumping abilities. You fool.

biggrin.gif
B-4-Bulls
Yes
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 11:26 PM)
But that would cut down on his super jumping abilities. You fool.

biggrin.gif

Hey I was just trying to lighten the mood sad.gif

Thank you
SoxFan1
Deng, Nocioni, Krhyapa, Thomas, and Sefalosha

They all have 1 thing in common.
Bullseye
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 28 2006, 09:27 PM)
Yes

care to elaborate?
Bullseye
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:28 PM)
Deng, Nocioni, Krhyapa, Thomas, and Sefalosha

They all have 1 thing in common.

oh boy. this a toughie. Umm, they all like long walks on the beach?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 10:29 PM)
oh boy. this a toughie. Umm, they all like long walks on the beach?

Maybe we should sign Stojakovic and Harpring too!
HoofHearted
25-30 pounds and if he keeps growing as people have said about him, than absolutely. But for now, Id say its a resounding no. Im going to back off, and just wait, because worrying and anger mixed together with Goldschlager isnt a good mix. I hope he becomes a super stud, and for all I know he will, here's to you Tyrus(I mentioned a while ago that Tyrus is my favorite name in the world),you better show us some damn game. cheers.gif
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 09:28 PM)
care to elaborate?

He just is blink.gif
dasox24
Let's not forget that Tyrus is still young, and could grow an inch or two, which would put him at 6'8'', 6'9''. Plus, in our organization, I trust he's going to improve a lot, and put on some weight. I think he very well could be a PF in the Kenyon Martin mold (pre-injury).
Bullseye
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:31 PM)

I was argueing with this guy about the pick. He said he was a very good pick, and I was against it, of course. So, then he says we will need some help in free agency, and that we should make a move for Peja. I was laughing my ass off, and ripped him apart for that. And, he was serious.
B-4-Bulls
Also remember how demanding Skiles is with his players weight. You know for sure Sweets will not be on the team if he does not lose 40 pounds or whatever Skiles wants. I expect Skiles will tell Tyrus to EAT and EAT and gain about 20 pounds by the end of the year at least.
Bullseye
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 28 2006, 09:32 PM)
He just is blink.gif

wow. you have lost all credibility. You have not made one point. good job.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:31 PM)

I wouldn't mind Peja at all...

As long as we've already included a SF in a trade with Minny for KG.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:37 PM)
I wouldn't mind Peja at all...

As long as we've already included a SF in a trade with Minny for KG.

that would still leave us with 3 sf's, plus Peja.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 09:37 PM)
wow. you have lost all credibility. You have not made one point. good job.

stfu, its a joke, thats what the face was for. Im tired of explaining myself to you guys because its going to become a joke to everyone so the use of explaining is not necesary.
Bullseye
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 28 2006, 09:41 PM)
stfu, its a joke, thats what the face was for. Im tired of explaining myself to you guys because its going to become a joke to everyone so the use of explaining is not necesary.

no. I won't throw it back in your face. Just tell me how TT will be a good PF. He can be a good SF, but PF is not looking good for him.
dasox24
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 09:41 PM)

No, it doesn't. Tyrus was NOT drafted to play SF for us. He'll play PF. Pax is not that stupid.

That leaves 2 (if one is traded), probably Noc and Viktor Khryapa. Personally, that's fine considering Noc can play PF (in spurts) also, and from what I here, Khryapa can too.

Edit: Plus, I'm not sure you can even really count Khryapa. Can we really count on him giving us quality minutes?
ZoomSlowik
Tyrus needs to add at least 20 pounds and hope that it doesn't affect his athleticism. I'm not entirely sure that he has the frame to do that. Growing an inch or two would help a bit too.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:35 PM)
Tyrus needs to add at least 20 pounds and hope that it doesn't affect his athleticism. I'm not entirely sure that he has the frame to do that. Growing an inch or two would help a bit too.

that would make him 6'10 230...not ideal, but could compete. some of the bigger bangers would still have their way with him.
s720
The funny thing is all of the experts have stated the Bulls had one of the best drafts last night, and all of you arm-chaired GMs have kept on your bashing. As I've stated yesterday, have faith in Paxson. If you guys think you know more about the Bulls' needs, go and apply for the GM job. Stop pretending you know something when the reality is ALL OF US Internet-GM-Wannabees know jack!

I would appreciate very much if the Mod can PIN this thread so that when the season begins, let's see you guys the Internet GMs or Paxson the real GM have made the right decision.
WHarris1
If Tyrus Thomas plays 4 in the NBA he is going to get completely abused by some of the 4's in this league.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 29 2006, 07:03 AM)
The funny thing is all of the experts have stated the Bulls had one of the best drafts last night, and all of you arm-chaired GMs have kept on your bashing.  As I've stated yesterday, have faith in Paxson.  If you guys think you know more about the Bulls' needs, go and apply for the GM job.  Stop pretending you know something when the reality is ALL OF US Internet-GM-Wannabees know jack!

I would appreciate very much if the Mod can PIN this thread so that when the season begins, let's see you guys the Internet GMs or Paxson the real GM have made the right decision.

The "experts" aren't exactly the most reliable people for basketball advice. they like to hype up anyone that dunks a lot, which certainly describes Tyrus. Also, judging by current rosters and past picks, about half of the GM's have no idea what they're doing. Pax looked like one of the better ones until tonight. Tyrus just doesn't really make any sense given our current roster. Tyrus simply isn't ready to play in the NBA yet.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 10:45 AM)
The "experts" aren't exactly the most reliable people for basketball advice. they like to hype up anyone that dunks a lot, which certainly describes Tyrus. Also, judging by current rosters and past picks, about half of the GM's have no idea what they're doing. Pax looked like one of the better ones until tonight. Tyrus just doesn't really make any sense given our current roster. Tyrus simply isn't ready to play in the NBA yet.

thats not entirely true, Im sure Jay Bilas knows a whole hell of alot more than you do and everyone else on this board. He may not be right all the time but most of the time he is.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:48 AM)
thats not entirely true, Im sure Jay Bilas knows a whole hell of alot more than you do and everyone else on this board. He may not be right all the time but most of the time he is.

Jay Bilas is a biased Duke schill. Just because you played the game in college doesn't mean you can evaluate talent. None of those guys on the draft show are exactly GM-quality when it comes to evaluating talent.
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:48 AM)

Jay Bilas knows crap. He hypes up the college machine as much as Dicky V. He said Bargnani probably doesn't have much potential out of all the bigs the other day when lots of scouts think he has the most potential out of anyone in the draft. All of a sudden, Randy Foye became Dywane Wade when Bilas started talking about him.
Da Bulls 88
I like Jay Bilas, but that's just me. I don't waste my time saying stuff about them. I just listen. No need for me to argue with someone on tv. laugh.gif
s720
So we suppose to listen and believe in you rather than Paxson and all of the experts who have stated the Bulls did pretty well last night!

Give me a break!
WHarris1
QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:15 PM)
So we suppose to listen and believe in you rather than Paxson and all of the experts who have stated the Bulls did pretty well last night!

Give me a break!

Right because GM's never fish up or anything.

What's the sense in sitting around and blindly supporting anything the team does?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:17 PM)

What's the sense in sitting around and blindly supporting anything the team does?

Bulls trade Luol Deng and Kirk Hinirch to Denver for Eduardo Najera.

Consencus: Paxson knows what he was doing.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:19 PM)
Bulls trade Luol Deng and Kirk Hinirch to Denver for Eduardo Najera.

Forget the green? jpshakehead.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:54 PM)
Forget the green? jpshakehead.gif

Read the rest of the post.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:17 PM)

Brand for Chandler worked out well.

I would trade a 20pt/10reb mvp candidate for a 5pt/8reb guy who averages 5 fouls per game.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 29 2006, 04:09 PM)
Brand for Chandler worked out well.

I would trade a 20pt/10reb mvp candidate for a 5pt/8reb guy who averages 5 fouls per game.

and Paxon made that trade.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jun 29 2006, 04:28 PM)
and Paxon made that trade.

obviously not, but you understand the point?
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:56 PM)
Read the rest of the post.

Yup. I read it.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jun 29 2006, 05:46 PM)
Yup. I read it.

You still don't get it?
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 05:50 PM)
You still don't get it?

Yes i get it.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 07:18 PM)
Do any of you think TT has a chance in the NBA as a PF? Unless he starts eating only steak and potatoes, and working out 24/7, I think not. He will get man handled in the NBA. What is the average size for starting PF's in the NBA? 6'9"+ and weighing 250+

Yes, he has the wingspan of a 7"3 player. He's got the frame where he could add a bit of bulk and he isn't super weak that he'll get pushed around, plus he tends to play bigger than he is.

The guy is a great athlete and I'm starting to think he's going to be a really nice hybrid type 4 for us where he's faster than any 4 that would guard him, yet bigger and stronger than a typical 3.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 07:41 PM)

We are'nt using Tyrus as a 3, so while some of us think he's a 3, that isn't the case. We are going to use him in a different role and I think you'll see NOc get minutes at the 4 just like you may see Deng get minutes at the 2 at times.

We could say the Suns have a boatload of 3's too, yet they find a way to win.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29 2006, 08:50 PM)
so while some of us think he's a 3

And by some of us you mean Tyrus Thomas? wink.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2006, 05:52 PM)
And by some of us you mean Tyrus Thomas? wink.gif

Just because he's quoted as saying that, doesn't mean we plan on utilizing him in whats called a typical "4" role. Boris Diaw pretty much plays center and I dont' think he'd call himself a center.

I tend to think we are going to run at times a more athletic, smaller offense that utilizes speed and defensively we may throw Noc on the bigger guys at times while at other times we'll throw Thomas on them and whoever the hell else we end up getting.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29 2006, 07:50 PM)
We are'nt using Tyrus as a 3, so while some of us think he's a 3, that isn't the case. We are going to use him in a different role and I think you'll see NOc get minutes at the 4 just like you may see Deng get minutes at the 2 at times.

We could say the Suns have a boatload of 3's too, yet they find a way to win.

2 things:

1) Their players are better than ours. Nash is a more productive scorer and is more efficient than Hinrich, and even though our forwards are good, they're not as gifted or productive as Marion and Diaw. They're also deeper than us. They had 6 guys average in double figures and two others over 9 points per game.

2) The Suns are not going to win a title without Amare Stoudemire. The only reason they even made the conference finals is that they got to play the two LA teams instead of San Antonio or Dallas in the second round. We obviously don't have anything close to Amare.

Because of that, I don't see the comparisons working very well, and I'm not too excited about putting several SF's out there (and until Thomas gets up to at least 230, he's a SF for all intensive purposes). Thomas still has a long way to go.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29 2006, 08:54 PM)
Just because he's quoted as saying that, doesn't mean we plan on utilizing him in whats called a typical "4" role. Boris Diaw pretty much plays center and I dont' think he'd call himself a center.

I tend to think we are going to run at times a more athletic, smaller offense that utilizes speed and defensively we may throw Noc on the bigger guys at times while at other times we'll throw Thomas on them and whoever the hell else we end up getting.

Haha I understand, but I couldn't pass up that opportunity to be a smart ass...you know me. tongue.gif

Even though I hate the Thomas pick, it's hard not to be excited about the possabilities we have in transition.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 06:00 PM)
2 things:

1) Their players are better than ours. Nash is a more productive scorer and is more efficient than Hinrich, and even though our forwards are good, they're not as gifted or productive as Marion and Diaw. They're also deeper than us. They had 6 guys average in double figures and two others over 9 points per game.

2) The Suns are not going to win a title without Amare Stoudemire. The only reason they even made the conference finals is that they got to play the two LA teams instead of San Antonio or Dallas in the second round. We obviously don't have anything close to Amare.

Because of that, I don't see the comparisons working very well, and I'm not too excited about putting several SF's out there (and until Thomas gets up to at least 230, he's a SF for all intensive purposes). Thomas still has a long way to go.

I'm not saying we'll be a Suns type offense, but I think we'll make our own variation of that style and I think you'll see Skiles get guys a lot of minutes and really use this versatility. Remember, we can create a ton of matchup problems for other teams when we got with a lengthy lineup (something we really can put out there with the 3 guys we picked up today).

I like what Pax has done and while it seems we have a lot of wing players, some of these guys can create problems for other teams if we lineup them up at the 4 while some of our wings can line up at the 2 and in Sefolesha's case he can be a point-forward type at times.

And I should mention, very few teams have two legit bigs, so its not a major issue as long as we have one big that can guard, as long as our other big is athletic enough to keep up with them and can box out and do the fundementals we'll be just fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.