Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you support trading for Garnett
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
I really hope this is all part of the plan.

Deng, Chandler and Duhon for Garnett.
SoxFan1
Chandler, Thomas, Gordon, and Sweetney for Garnett and Hassell
HardWorkin'Hinrich
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:01 PM)

So our starting center would be Othella Harrington?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Jun 29 2006, 12:04 AM)

Then we go out and sign Pryzbilla or Mohammad.
SoxFan1
I still think Jermaine O'Neal would be a better fit. He'd cost less as well.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:01 PM)

Hmm... I like that, but will they want Gordon after just drafting Foye, who is said to be highly similar. Now, if they think Foye can be a full-time PG, then they'd like it, but if they see him as more of a SG, then they'd probably want Duhon, who I'd have no problem giving up if it were for KG.
SoxFan1
Sure, switching Duhon for Gordon is even better for the Bulls.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:07 PM)

What do you think it'd take to get O'Neal?
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Jun 28 2006, 11:04 PM)

our starting center has been 6'7 sweetney...at least we would have garnett, which would take pressure off of whoever is the center.

Also, we will sign at least 1 of Nene, Pryz or Nazr.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:10 PM)
Sure, switching Duhon for Gordon is even better for the Bulls.

Oh yeah, definitely. But, then we'd probably have to throw in a 2009 1st rounder or something like that to even out value.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:11 AM)
What do you think it'd take to get O'Neal?

I honestly think Thomas and Chandler could land us O'Neal...pending contracts.
B-4-Bulls
were not trading Thomas Pax is obsessed with him. I like him alot to. Yes I would support a KG trade as long as it doesnt involve Thomas,Sefolasha,Kirk,Noc,Deng
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:16 PM)
I honestly think Thomas and Chandler could land us O'Neal...pending contracts.

I wouldnt trade within the division. What if TT ends up being an all star? Also, Oneal has injury problems...and, it appears that his attitude problems would definitely clash with Skiles.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 28 2006, 11:19 PM)
were not trading Thomas Pax is obsessed with him. I like him alot to. Yes I would support a KG trade as long as it doesnt involve Thomas,Sefolasha,Kirk,Noc,Deng

If you want KG, one of those guys is going...most likely Deng.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 29 2006, 12:19 AM)

Sure, lets trade Pargo and Schescher for KG...that should do it.
ZoomSlowik
Absolutely. As long as we can keep Hinrich and two of Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni, I'm all for it. I don't think they'd take Noc, so I'd deal Deng. He can be replaced reasonably well with Nocioni, and Gordon would be a monster with teams double teaming Garnett.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:22 PM)
Absolutely. As long as we can keep Hinrich and two of Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni, I'm all for it. I don't think they'd take Noc, so I'd deal Deng. He can be replaced reasonably well with Nocioni, and Gordon would be a monster with teams double teaming Garnett.

exactly!!! Gordon would benefit greatly from having teams focus on garnett down low.

So would Noch and Hinrich.

Think about it....KG would be the number 1 option...but depending on matchups, we could let Gordon, Hinrich or Noch go off.
The Dude Abides
If we dont trade for KG, we have some serious off season work to do.

First priority...
Sign Al Harrington. Yes, he is a little over 6'8, but he is 240 lbs and a proven low post scorer. He would give us a legitimate threat. Having hiim would open things up for our perimeter guys.

2nd Priority...
Sign a center who can compete for the starting job. Either Nene or Nazr Muhammed. This would give us more size and a defensive presence. We wouldnt need a lot of points from them, but they would improve our low post scoring...which would make it easier on Harrington as well.

3rd Priority...
Sign Pryz to play backup Center. This allows us to have Chandler play PF or Center coming off the bench. Since we would have a very good PF in Harrington and a solid center in either Nene or Nzar, this allows chandler to come in and do all he is capable of...rebound and alter shots. Giving him a limited clearly defined role will allow us to get the most out of him. Plus, realistically, he averages over 5 fouls a game, so how much playing time would he loose? Plus, Pryz gives us size and a little scoring. Good guy to have off the bench.

Other than that, there is still more we can do...but this is a reasonable plan and would help our team advance in the playoffs. This also doesnt abuse all of our cap space and take us out of the market for next years A plus free agents.
Bullseye
I don't know. I am a big fan of depth (not 75 SF though, like Paxson has done). But trading for KG would take away a lot of that depth. So, I am undecided.
Bullseye
I think my ideal situation would be to sign both Pyrz and Nene. Have Chandler and Pyrz platoon at C, have Nene start at PF with TT giving him a break sometime. And resign Songalia.

DEPTH CHART
C: Chandler | Pyrz | Sweetney
PF: Nene | Thomas | Songaila
SF: Deng | Noch | Thomas
SG: Deng | Thoba
PG: Hinrigh | Duhon | Thoba
cubssuck1
No. Ben wallace and Nene instead.
SoxFan1
Here's what I do if I am John Paxson right now:

1.) Trade Tyson Chandler, Tyrus Thomas, and Michael Sweetney to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal.

2.) Sign Nene to play Center.

3.) Sign Joel Pryzbilla as a backup Center.

3.) Sign Bo Outlaw for his veteran leadership and to eat minutes down low.

4.) Sign Bobby Jackson to come off the bench as a PG or SG to provide a spark.

5.) Re-sign Darius Songaila.

6.) Let go of Livingston, Pargo, Pitakowski, and Schenscher.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Sefolosha, Gordon, Jackson
SF: Deng, Nocioni
PF: O'Neal, Songaila, Outlaw
C: Nene, Pollard
cubssuck1
^^Not a terrible idea
JPargo
Al harrington would be a terrible player to pick up. Hes good but NOT the player we NEED. we NEED a big man that can score at will and can get us rebounds. Al is more of a SF than a PF. Nene would be the best fit for us at the Center position.
soxfan101
QUOTE (JPargo @ Jun 29 2006, 06:55 AM)
Al harrington would be a terrible player to pick up. Hes good but NOT the player we NEED. we NEED a big man that can score at will and can get us rebounds. Al is more of a SF than a PF. Nene would be the best fit for us at the Center position.

I was an Al Harrington but now since we are stacked at the SF/small PF position yeah I dont think he fits in here anymore. At the same time Nene is absolutely crap and waste of payroll. Im hoping we bring in Gooden.
madisonsmadhouse
I'd like to see it happen, but it won't. There is no way that MN can do this from a PR perspective. Can you imagine having to sell tickets after trading Kevin Garnett for Gordon, Deng, Chandler and whoever else? Its not going to happen.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:09 AM)

1.) Trade Tyson Chandler, Tyrus Thomas, and Michael Sweetney to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal.

Its a nice idea, but that is a whole ton of "ifs", which makes that nearly impossible.
sport1016
I was an Al Harrington but now since we are stacked at the SF/small PF position yeah I dont think he fits in here anymore. At the same time Nene is absolutely crap and waste of payroll. Im hoping we bring in Gooden.

We can't get anyone this summer who couldn't play center.

Nene, Mohammed, pryzbilla

Can Gooden be a low post scorer? Or does he feed of the attention Big Z gets?
SleepyWhiteSox
I highly doubt we're gonna sign two free agent Cs considering what they'll be asking for...do you really think vanilla gorilla wants to sign to be a back-up??

And KG is just a pipe dream...what is this now, the 8th rebuilding project??
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 29 2006, 12:09 PM)
I highly doubt we're gonna sign two free agent Cs considering what they'll be asking for...do you really think vanilla gorilla wants to sign to be a back-up??

And KG is just a pipe dream...what is this now, the 8th rebuilding project??

Exactly we wont get Garnett people.

I do see us signing a free agent, I think it is safe to say that we wont be signing Al Harrington because we drafted Tyrus who is similar.
SoxFan1
My idea = bestest evar.

I hope Pax see's it.
Da Bulls 88
No. Simple as that.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jun 29 2006, 06:34 PM)
No. Simple as that.

Why?
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 06:35 PM)
Why?

I don't want to see us trade Ben Gordon or Luol Deng for him.
Bullseye
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jun 29 2006, 05:39 PM)

that wasn't his trade idea...
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 29 2006, 06:46 PM)
that wasn't his trade idea...

Well maybe i was late reading this thread. banghead.gif
Bullseye
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jun 29 2006, 05:39 PM)

that was his idea.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 29 2006, 06:47 PM)
that was his idea.

That sounds pretty good. cheers.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:22 PM)
Sure, lets trade Pargo and Schescher for KG...that should do it.

huh.gif You still have Ben and Tyson
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 28 2006, 08:56 PM)
I really hope this is all part of the plan.

Deng, Chandler and Duhon for Garnett.

I'd rather trade Gordon instead of Deng, but I have no problem if Garnett or O'Neal are in our future.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:07 PM)

I'm not to sure about this. O'Neal hasn't asked out of Indiana and I can't see Indiana moving him or having to move him. In Garnett's case he makes a lot more money (at least I think he does) and he may force a trade which would mean Minny may not be able to get as much value.

Therefor, I don't think it costs any more (at least not a lot more) to get KG as opposed to O'Neal. That said I may just prefer the whole idea of O'Neal, but Garnett is a stud and one of the all time greats already.

I have doubts about his ability to make others better though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.