Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Points on Tyrus Thomas
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Yes! We drafted LaMarcus Aldridge... but wait, he gets traded to Portland for, IMO, one of the last players the Bulls needed.... Tyrus Thomas.

Paxson, what have you done? and Whyyyy??

-Things that concern me-

-Paxson said that we needed size, athleticism, and length... Well w/ T2, the Bulls DID NOT add size, and length to our front court.... Period... 6'8 that weights a little over 220 is not what Paxson should have been looking for... And correct me if im wrong guys. Arent the Bulls at the position where they need to draft on needs? I think so. And obviously, our biggest need was to get taller and bigger in the front court....

-Another SF? why?

-Another question that poped into my head was this... when the heck is this guy gonna get playing time... especially his first year? Any1 care to answer this? Deng is still getting better, and then we still have Noc... Heck, most of us think that both Luol and Noc should both be seeing more playing time... And now we add T2? I really dont see T2 playing PF right now... needs a lot more weight.... And im still not convinced that he will even put on that much weight anymore... I dont see the frame, or the wide body...the guy already seems kinda ripped right now... And I definately see Noc playing PF more this year compared to T2....

-Now that we got T2... we really need some size from free agents.... really bad.. Not only now, but for the future... And not just one big guy, prolly two... Yay, Jerry gets to spend more money, and maybe we wont be able to keep our other core players for the Future! Instead we are gonna be stuck with 3 good SFs for the Future, and some servisable big men that we get from free agents!... Nice plan u got there paxson... all i gotta say is that Paxson better make a trade sometime soon.

-The good things about drafting Tyrus-

-Plays with "fire".... cant coach that. I was thinking about this.. who the heck plays with fire here with the Bulls?? very few names popped in my head... Chandler, and Noc.... Sometimes Kirk, if somehow they get him mad... Ben Gordon and Luol mostly seem too nice on the court... they play "too nice".... It seems like they dont want to punish any1 on the court.
Well, Tyrus does have that "fire" which i like. And the Bulls need more of that.

-I see Thomas more as a AK47 player... Good defensive player that will get better throughout the years offensively... Mid range game will be okay, and he will be able to shoot some 3s occasionally when he's open. And like AK47, he will block many shots and will be all over the place at times... From blocking shots and stealing some balls, to running a fast break, and finishing down strong at the rim. And he has a motor that keeps going, and going.... He will always play hard, and bring some energy. So anyone want a AK47 on their team?

-The guy is a freaky, athletic player... Wait till we see this guy get a nasty block, or a dunk on somebody.... Making Sports Centers top 10... I guarantee you, most of us will have one of these on our faces biggrin.gif ..... We will feel proud. We will want to watch it over, and over again... "look how high he got up on that one! This guy is Crazzzy!"

-Something that we must not forget about is this... He is very young, and was only a FRESHMEN.... What if Tyrus played another season at LSU? Im thinking he would probably average something like this... 15.3 pts, 11.1 rbs, 3.6 blks... who knows, i could be wayy off... but lets not forget that most college payers improve their next year.... And what if he played another year?! His stats woulda prolly been amazing..

-Once T2 has some years in his belt... When T2 is playing along side Chandler... Good luck at opposing teams getting to the hole and finishing at the paint. biggrin.gif

-So yes, there are the good, and the bad... Am i happy right now? No.... im dissapointed... I still say we should have gone with the 6'11 LaMarcus Aldridge. At least he would brings us some length....But like many people say... we prolly wont have a chance winning it all next year.So we will have to wait a couple of years, and hopefully we will get to that level... We just have to be patient. I think its gonna be hard for us Bulls Fans... but oh well, we cant do anything about it anymore. Tyrus Thomas is a Bull, and lets hope for the best.

Stats for this season from Tyrus Thomas....

4.3 pts, 5.2 rbs, .9 blks, 18.3 minutes....

Questions, Comments, Concerns?.... bringit.gif
RememberThe90's
I am pretty furious with our draft.

I would have much rather have had a combo of Aldridge and Brewer.

Plus drafting Aldridge could have been a strategic move to lure
Chris Bosh via Free Agency.

That being said I think the potential is there for Thomas to develop a nice
offensive game. He already has a decent 12 foot range jumper. But he needs
to find another way to score. His draft profile says he has a nice turnaround
jumper...but I haven't seen it. He is athletic so maybe he can take the ball on
the block...face his man up and either shoot it..or pump fake and drive.

I just don't have a good feeling about this draft...I hope I am wrong.
B-4-Bulls
Great draft overall for the Bulls...

You know what, all of you beach about tyrus cant play power forward. YES HE CAN! The game is changing so much where Power Forwards are more of the smaller yet quicker types then the Tim Duncan type PF's. There are plenty PF's with SF offensive games. Rasheed,KG,Dirk etc... The only question is DEFENDING! Alls im worried about is if Tyrus can defend 4's in the league, his scoring will come along as time goes on. Im so pumped that we got tyrus.

Also, IF tyrus is our future SF so be it.... its not our decision to make and John Paxson knows his players more than anybody else so I trust him.
Steve9347
furious with our draft... thats hilarious.

the bulls have pax for a reason, he's a smart basketball man, and he got the most talented player in the draft. T2 is the polar opposite of tyson no hands chandler...
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:24 AM)
T2 is the polar opposite of tyson no hands chandler...

Other than the fact that Tyrus has some type of outisde shot...

how are they polor opposites?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 29 2006, 08:08 AM)
Great draft overall for the Bulls...

You know what, all of you beach about tyrus cant play power forward. YES HE CAN! The game is changing so much where Power Forwards are more of the smaller yet quicker types then the Tim Duncan type PF's. There are plenty PF's with SF offensive games. Rasheed,KG,Dirk etc... The only question is DEFENDING! Alls im worried about is if Tyrus can defend 4's in the league, his scoring will come along as time goes on. Im so pumped that we got tyrus.

Also, IF tyrus is our future SF so be it.... its not our decision to make and John Paxson knows his players more than anybody else so I trust him.

All of those guys that you mentioned are at least 6'11", and only Garnett weighs as little as Tyrus does (and he's exponentially more skilled). Wallace weighs 230 (can't believe it's that low), Nowitzki weighs 245, and Duncan is a whooping 260.
Bullies4Ever
good post bullies4Life.. i agree in everything cool.gif
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Jun 29 2006, 10:19 AM)
good post bullies4Life.. i agree in everything cool.gif

why wouldnt you huh.gif considering your the same person laugh.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 29 2006, 10:26 AM)
why wouldnt you huh.gif considering your the same person laugh.gif

We're not the same person... what gave you that idea? That our names are almost the same? biggrin.gif Just because its almost the same, it doesnt mean we are the same person.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 29 2006, 11:36 AM)
We're not the same person... what gave you that idea? That our names are almost the same? biggrin.gif Just because its almost the same, it doesnt mean we are the same person.

And you all have the same IP address???
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:38 AM)

damn...busted out.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:38 AM)

Have you been stalking me sir? biggrin.gif

Anyways, im tired of hearing this... Ask SoxFan1...

-In the introduction thread, we said we were twins. Yes, twins... I dont tell him what to write, and he doesnt tell me what to write either.... We dont make "plans" lol.... Just 2 guys, that are bulls fans, and enjoy sharing some thoughts about the team bullssmilie1.jpg
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Jun 29 2006, 11:49 AM)
damn...busted out.

haha nope biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
Yeah, stop questioning them. They are brothers. Let it go.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 29 2006, 11:51 AM)
Have you been stalking me sir? biggrin.gif

Anyways, im tired of hearing this... Ask SoxFan1...

-In the introduction thread, we said we were twins. Yes, twins... I dont tell him what to write, and he doesnt tell me what to write either.... We dont make "plans" lol.... Just 2 guys, that are bulls fans, and enjoy sharing some thoughts about the team bullssmilie1.jpg

I'm an admin. I see all, I know all. bringit.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:08 PM)
I'm an admin. I see all, I know all. bringit.gif

haha yes u do.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 29 2006, 12:20 PM)
haha yes u do.

You don't even have to be an admin, I can see the IP Adresses and look them up too. wink.gif
Michael Jordan
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 12:26 PM)
You don't even have to be an admin, I can see the IP Adresses and look them up too. wink.gif

How do you do that?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Jun 29 2006, 01:56 PM)
How do you do that?

It is a secret that shant be revealed.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:57 PM)
It is a secret that shant be revealed.

Sweet, we've got a "Stone Cutters" like secret guild. tongue.gif
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Jun 29 2006, 12:56 PM)
How do you do that?

Its a feature that is embedded in the board software.

Simply reads the IP address and displays it to authorized groups.
Michael Jordan
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Jun 29 2006, 01:00 PM)
Its a feature that is embedded in the board software.

Simply reads the IP address and displays it to authorized groups.

Is there a software outthere which can tell me what YOUR IP is?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.