Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predict TT's Rookie Stats!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
B-4-Bulls
I think it will be hard to tell if Tyrus starts this season. If we dont add a power forward in Free Agency, dont be suprised if Sweets starts. Rumor has it Sweets has lost ALOT of wait and its not like he doesnt have some game to him. He actually can be a good player. Lets wait and see..

As for Tyrus, Expect somewhat of a slow start because we all know how Skiles likes to bring young guys up slow but later in the season expet a 12 and 10 guy with 2 blocks.

Early Season: 8ppg 6 rpg 1 bpg
Mid-Late Season 12 ppg 10 rpg 2 bpg

Overall Season Stats 10 ppg 7.5 rpg 2.3 bpg about 28 minutes pergame.
RememberThe90's
3 PPG 4 RPG 1BPG
ZoomSlowik
He'll be very similar to Chandler as a rookie statistically, though he'll probably play a little more. 6 points, 4 or 5 rebounds, and about a block a game. Absolute ceiling is probably about 8 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks. He's just too raw to do much more. Hell, he only averaged 12 points and 9 boards at LSU.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 09:54 AM)
He'll be very similar to Chandler as a rookie statistically, though he'll probably play a little more. 6 points, 4 or 5 rebounds, and about a block a game. Absolute ceiling is probably about 8 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks. He's just too raw to do much more. Hell, he only averaged 12 points and 9 boards at LSU.

And a stint or 2 on the DL...
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 09:54 AM)

College Stats mean nothing in the NBA.
WHarris1
5 pts, 6 boards, 1 blk
The Gladiator
Im thinkin somewhere around 9 ppg 6 rpg 2 bpg
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 29 2006, 10:25 AM)

Thats usually an arugment for a guy that lit it up in college but has questions
whether or not he can do it at the next level.

If a guy struggles to score at times in college...he is in trouble in the NBA
The Gladiator
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Jun 29 2006, 10:34 AM)
Thats usually an arugment for a guy that lit it up in college but has questions
whether or not he can do it at the next level.

If a guy struggles to score at times in college...he is in trouble in the NBA

He shot 60% from the field, I dont think thats a guy struggling to score...
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 11:35 AM)
He shot 60% from the field, I dont think thats a guy struggling to score...

Ya that's a guy scoring the majority of his points on put backs and oops.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2006, 10:36 AM)
Ya that's a guy scoring the majority of his points on put backs and oops.

True, but he can still do that in the NBA and with more experience he can work on a post up game later on in his career.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 29 2006, 10:25 AM)

They give you an idea of what he is capable of. If that's what he did against guys that he severely outclasses athletically, you probably shouldn't expect him to duplicate those numbers right away in the NBA.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:39 AM)
True, but he can still do that in the NBA and with more experience he can work on a post up game later on in his career.

He's not going to be getting anywhere near as many wide open dunks in the pros since there will be much bigger and more athletic players guarding him in the NBA.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 10:48 AM)
They give you an idea of what he is capable of. If that's what he did against guys that he severely outclasses athletically, you probably shouldn't expect him to duplicate those numbers right away in the NBA.

Might I add Tyrus was only a freshmen who averaged 12 and 9 a Freshman! Who knows, If he stayed 4 years in college he could have averaged like 22 and 13 or something huh.gif

Im telling you, MARK MY WORDS Tyrus will not be a bust. Give him a chance you guys you wont regret it.
The Gladiator
IIRC Wasnt Chris Bosh's Stats much worse than what he is averaging right now?
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:51 AM)
Might I add Tyrus was only a freshmen who averaged 12 and 9 a Freshman! Who knows, If he stayed 4 years in college he could have averaged like 22 and 13 or something huh.gif

Im telling you, MARK MY WORDS Tyrus will not be a bust. Give him a chance you guys you wont regret it.

He was a 2nd year college player. He red-shirted his first year. I don't even think he's a Tyson part 2 because he was never as good as Tyson was.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:51 AM)

It doesn't really work that way. Some guys peak earlier than others. He could just as easily average 10 points as a senior because people start to focus their D on him more. Plus you rarely see guys on major college teams averaging over 20 a game unless they have no balance whatsoever like Duke this past year.

Unless he develops some skills, he is going to be a bust, just like other athletic guys with no position like Tim Thomas, Stromile Swift and Darius Miles.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 29 2006, 10:58 AM)
He was a 2nd year college player. He red-shirted his first year. I don't even think he's a Tyson part 2 because he was never as good as Tyson was.

mk..... rolleyes.gif

Since he could work on his game while he was injured.. OMG dude, He was a Freshman even though he redshirted, its not like he could work on his game because he was injured!

Thearetically (However you spell it) He was indeed a sophomore but consider him a freshman
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 10:58 AM)
It doesn't really work that way. Some guys peak earlier than others. He could just as easily average 10 points as a senior because people start to focus their D on him more. Plus you rarely see guys on major college teams averaging over 20 a game unless they have no balance whatsoever like Duke this past year.

Unless he develops some skills, he is going to be a bust, just like other athletic guys with no position like Tim Thomas, Stromile Swift and Darius Miles.

once again, You dont know that.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:54 AM)
IIRC Wasnt Chris Bosh's Stats much worse than what he is averaging right now?

He averaged like 14 and 8 in college, which is a better than he did as a rookie. He was also on a much weaker team, which makes his numbers a bit more impressive.

Once you get some experience the college totals don't matter as much because there are 8 fewer minutes in a college game. However, in your first year you're rarely going to do better unless you're a rare NBA ready talent that is going to get 38 minutes a game, which probably won't happen to Tyrus.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:59 AM)
mk..... rolleyes.gif

Since he could work on his game while he was injured.. OMG dude, He was a Freshman even though he redshirted, its not like he could work on his game because he was injured!

Thearetically (However you spell it) He was indeed a sophomore but consider him a freshman

He still had a year to gain weight and learn the system. He also grew a couple of inches, he was 6'7" when he got on campus. That helps a lot.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 11:00 AM)
once again, You dont know that.

Okay, Tyrus is a exception. Despite the fact that he's an undersized PF he can simply dunk over everybody and dominate without adding any weight or developing a post game because he's Superman. jpshakehead.gif

He's probably not even as good a prospect as those guys were when he was coming out. In a stronger draft he goes somewhere around pick #10 because he still has a long way to go.
madisonsmadhouse
I'm going to guess he ends up averaging more rebounds than points per game.
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:08 AM)
I'm going to guess he ends up averaging more rebounds than points per game.

That would be a safe guess.

As far as Tyson being better, I didn't only see it with my own eyes, scouts saw it too:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/saying_010629.html

What people around the country have been saying about two of the players the Bulls acquired in the 2001 NBA Draft- Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry:

"I think Tyson Chandler is the best player (in the draft). He's 7-foot. He's got like a 9-foot wingspan. It's incredible. He runs like a deer, has the ability to handle the ball, take it from the wing, pull up and shoot jump shots. He is an NBA talent right now. You would not have a doubt about his talent right now."
- Director of player personnel from the Western Conference

"The pros really like Curry because of his physical presence, NBA-size body and his smash-mouth style of play. They see Chandler as a Kevin Garnett-type of a player who can put it on the floor, step back and hit the 17-foot jumper while also having a reliable jump hook inside."
- Van Coleman, national college recruiting analyst

"Tyson Chandler is a tremendous runner and shotblocker. But he has excellent athletic ability."
- Boston Celtics GM Chris Wallace

"Curry is an overpowering inside force."
- Bob Gibbons, national college recruiting analyst

"He (Eddy Curry) is physically stronger than Shaquille O'Neal was as a high school senior in 1989. Shaq was more athletic, but Curry is more physical and stronger."
- Bob Gibbons, national college recruiting analyst

"Chandler may have the best floor speed of any big man in recent memory. He's a new-look four (power forward). He's obviously not a power player, but because of his length and quickness, his ability to cover space in the lane and quickness of his feet, he can make an impact in the lane defensively. There are many successful fours today that are not power players, like Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace."
- Jeff Weltman, Director of Player Personnel, L.A. Clippers

"Chandler's got the ballhandling and face-the-basket skills to be a small forward in the NBA, yet the body of a post player. His athleticism and end-to-end quickness will make him an instant hit."
- ESPN.com's Andy Katz

"[b]Chandler's game has been compared to that of Portland's Rasheed Wallace and Minnesota's Kevin Garnett."
- The Press-Enterprise
[/b]

"Eddy has a man's body and his strength is amazing. He can run the court well for a guy his size, and he is talented offensively. He can shoot the ball facing the basket and he finds ways to score inside."
- Brent Johnson, a scout for the Houston Rockets

"Eddy Curry has tremendous size and strength, even for the NBA level. He has very good hands and very quick feet for a player his size."
- Jeff Weltman, Director of Player Personnel for the L.A. Clippers

"Because of his uncommon combination of size and athleticism, Curry is considered to have the largest upside of any high schooler in the draft pool."
- Daily Southtown
SoxFan1
My predictions of TT can be found in my sig...
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:21 AM)
That would be a safe guess.

As far as Tyson being better, I didn't only see it with my own eyes, scouts saw it too:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/saying_010629.html

"I think Tyson Chandler is the best player (in the draft). He's 7-foot. He's got like a 9-foot wingspan. It's incredible. He runs like a deer, has the ability to handle the ball, take it from the wing, pull up and shoot jump shots. He is an NBA talent right now. You would not have a doubt about his talent right now."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sadly, we've been hearing similar things about tyrus' non-existent jump shot too...
Timoperezrulez
TT's 1st year stats: 7 PPG 6 RPG 2 BPG 25 MPG
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 29 2006, 12:29 PM)

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Sadly, we've been hearing similar things about tyrus' non-existent jump shot too...

To be fair, he did look like a heck of a prospect coming out. He is big and athletic, but unfortunately he has no skills (sounds like someone else...). His potential wasn't worth Brand, but I can at least kind of see the logic there. An athletic 7-1 guy that can score is a hell of an asset.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2006, 12:40 PM)
To be fair, he did look like a heck of a prospect coming out. He is big and athletic, but unfortunately he has no skills (sounds like someone else...). His potential wasn't worth Brand, but I can at least kind of see the logic there.

So then where did his ability to dribble a basketball or shoot a jump shot disappear to??

And yeah, I will admit that the whole Brand-tyson debacle has left me jaded. The thought of history repeating itself and not learning from our mistakes pisses me off...
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 29 2006, 12:47 PM)
So then where did his ability to dribble a basketball or shoot a jump shot disappear to??

And yeah, I will admit that the whole Brand-tyson debacle has left me jaded. The thought of history repeating itself and not learning from our mistakes pisses me off...

Well, GM's seem to get a little excited when they see any sign of talent in an area. It seems like when they see an athlete with big potential they try to find other things that they like. The same thing seems to be the case with Thomas' jumpshot. Nobody ever said anything about his jumper until he hit a couple against Texas. It's not a major part of his game, and he's not exactly Richard Hamilton with the mid-range game. In fact, he struggled when he was far away from the basket for long stretches, like against Texas A&M.
bullkirk
10 pts 8 rebounds and 2 blocks 29-30 min in his first year
sport1016
more specific:

NOV-Dec: 4 ppg 6 rpg 19 mpg

Jan-Feb 6ppg 7rpg 20mpg

March-playoffs

0 PPG 0 RPG 0 MPG

Gets injured around all star break trying to guard Jermaine Oneal.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 29 2006, 12:29 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Tyrus has a jump shot, and its really actually good.
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 04:27 PM)
Tyrus has a jump shot, and its really actually good.

He may have a decent jump shot but is definitely not good.
HoofHearted
Not predicting, but this is what he has to put up for me to forget about us passing over others with more ideal size and scoring ability to get him.

8 points
8 boards
2 blocks per 48 minutes

At least 20 more pounds and another inch grown. spiff I put on 10 pounds of muscle in three weeks last month. I dont see how adding the right kind of proportionate weight would hurt him in the least, even his mobility. If he cant do it, he either doesnt care and isnt dedicated, or we/he needs a new strength and conditioning coach/nutritionist.
The Dude Abides
Thomas rookie stats

18 mins
5 pts
6 rebs
1 blocked shot

We will regret not taking Aldridge.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 29 2006, 04:03 PM)
We will regret not taking Aldridge.

Indeed.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:24 PM)
My predictions of TT can be found in my sig...

you have no sig
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 29 2006, 06:31 PM)
you have no sig

Uuum, yes, I do.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 05:35 PM)
Uuum, yes, I do.

it did not show up on my screen at first sorry huh.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 29 2006, 06:39 PM)
it did not show up on my screen at first sorry huh.gif

Do you see it now?
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 06:46 PM)
Do you see it now?

Off topic: Sweet Hinrich sig. cheers.gif
illinilaw08
Thought on TT offensively (and I watched LSU quite a bit), no he didn't really display the jumper in college, but their offense ran through Big Baby and Darrel Mitchell, so TT really became a role player for them. I'm assuming Pax wouldnt have drafted TT if he didnt make some jumpers in his workout. That being said, making them in workouts is different than a game.

If nothing else, this year TT will provide endless energy. Assuming no trades, he plays 20 minutes 6 pts 5 boards 1 block.
DutheDoduhon21
i wish you guys would stop dissing tyrus and get over it, he is a bull now and hes on your team so deal with it. when he is putting up points and rebounds and he is getting selected for the sophmore rookie game dont jump in and be a tyrus fan after you critisized him, give him some credit and at least wait and see what he brings to our team, everyone likes what the bulls did but most people in this message board...

How do you rate John Paxson and the Bulls' draft?
A

61%

B

28%

C

7%

F

3%

D

1%
DutheDoduhon21
sportsnation on espn.com thinks we had th best draft too with 46%
The Gladiator
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 29 2006, 08:43 PM)
i wish you guys would stop dissing tyrus and get over it, he is a bull now and hes on your team so deal with it. when he is putting up points and rebounds and he is getting selected for the sophmore rookie game dont jump in and be a tyrus fan after you critisized him, give him some credit and at least wait and see what he brings to our team, everyone likes what the bulls did but most people in this message board...

How do you rate John Paxson and the Bulls' draft?
A

61%

B

28%

C

7%

F

3%

D

1%

I agree with everything you said, every single Bulls Message board i have been on says they LOVED our draft except this one.
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 29 2006, 10:09 PM)
I agree with everything you said, every single Bulls Message board i have been on says they LOVED our draft except this one.

It all depends on whether the person like the Tyrus Thomas pick or not, it's real real real simple.
DutheDoduhon21
you have no room to talk look at your sig, you shouldnt even have it because if you were a real bulls fan you wouldnt have it
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:18 PM)
you have no room to talk look at your sig, you shouldnt even have it because if you were a real bulls fan you wouldnt have it

You can still be a fan of the team and dislike a few of the players on the roster. I'm a Sox fan, and I hated Albert Belle, wasn't a fan of David Wells, and even Frank Thomas started to wear on me toward the end of his time with the team. I still hope that they do well, but that doesn't mean I have to like the player, or suddenly change my opinion of the player because he's wearing our colors now.
DutheDoduhon21
yeah i get your point but you shouldnt be so negative twards someone on your team, if you dont like tyrus just dont say anything at all, at least try to warm up to him, i wasnt happy when thome came to the sox because i never like him before, and i was a little upset that we didnt have a-row anymore its the same as not having aldridge....get over it, i did when the thome-aaron trade happened its the same thing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.