Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theoretical NBDL question
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
Stupid question here... Could the Bulls send Ty Thomas to the NBDL for the season? If so how would it work? They would retain his rights and pay his salary while not having to keep a spot on the 15 man roster for him, right?
Bullies4Life
sounds about right... and thats a pretty good idea u got there... Maybe even send him to Europe.. for like 4 years! j/k.

-I say we make him play for half of the season at NBDL... That would help out Luol, Noc, and T2.
WHarris1
I wonder if he could crack double digit points in the D-League.

But seriously...interesting thought ss2k5
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:51 PM)
I wonder if he could crack double digit points in the D-League.

But seriously...interesting thought ss2k5

Green aside, he can't. ph34r.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:02 PM)
Green aside, he can't. ph34r.gif

That's what I am looking for... Why not? Is it forbidden by the CBA? If so who can and cannot go to the NBDL?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:07 PM)
That's what I am looking for... Why not? Is it forbidden by the CBA? If so who can and cannot go to the NBDL?

I was adressing the double digit points in the NBDL comment.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:08 PM)
I was adressing the double digit points in the NBDL comment.

Ah, nevermind then...

Any NBDL experts out there?
Goldmember
- An NBA team may assign any player on its Active List or Inactive List to play in the D-League, provided that the player has zero or one Years of Service at the time of Assignment.

- No players may be given more than three Assignments during any season. There is no minimum or maximum length of a D-League assignment.

- During the 2005-06 season, no NBA team may have more than two players on assignment at the same time.

- A player on Assignment will be carried on the Inactive List of his NBA Team.
madisonsmadhouse
Interesting. So theoretcially we could send Thomas to the NBDL for the season, or part of it, and let him work down there instead, while utitilizing our roster to be a little more balanced.

I know it won't happen, but it is really interesting to see that you can draft a young kid, and not have to subject him to the NBA for two years.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:34 PM)
Interesting. So theoretcially we could send Thomas to the NBDL for the season, or part of it, and let him work down there instead, while utitilizing our roster to be a little more balanced.

I know it won't happen, but it is really interesting to see that you can draft a young kid, and not have to subject him to the NBA for two years.

Makes sense for being more selective in the 2nd-round...not so much for a top 5 pick...
WHarris1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:34 PM)

This could be the route Seattle goes with Sene
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:34 PM)

Martell Webster and Gerald Green (and another 1st rounder who's name escapesme) both spent a good chunk of the season in the NBDL. Thomas is basically at the same stage of development as those guys. That makes some sense.
sport1016
It is a great idea. Ideally, he could play the first month for us and if (when) he struggles he could go to the NBDL till after the all star game.

But it will never happen. Pax wouldn't do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.