Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBF's Draft Grades Plus Extra..CBF....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
By CBF.. Your Game/TalkBulls Writer..

CBF'S Draft Day Grades:

Leading up to the draft many expected a lot of trades, well that was in fact the case where there were 5 trades involving Top 10 picks! Insane right? The Bulls making 2 of the 5.

I had a gut feeling all along that we were leaning towards Tyrus Thomas. Do I like the pick? Absolutely! At first I was not so sure but after reading up on him and watching his game through videos and such, Im liking what I am seeing. Maybe the Bulls didnt get that Big-Big man but im sure they will address that in next years draft with Greg Oden biggrin.gif or so we hope.

Tyrus Thomas brings athletiscm to this team to go along with his amazing Shot blocking ability and his passion for the game. Both Tyrus and Lamarcus had questions and I would have been happy with Lamarcus Also but Tyrus is a no brainer. I cant wait to see what he can do for us this year and in the summer league, I expect some nice things from him this year.

Paxson suprised us again when trading to move up in the draft at the 13th spot to nab Thabo Sefalosha. Who? lol, some may not know much about this kid but from what I have seen he looks like another good athlete that is defensive oriented. This was a major need coming into next season and we addressed it. We needed size and we got it from this kid. I expect him to play alot this year because we didnt have a good backup SG last year.

Overall Draft grade: A

We have some time to add players from free agency so dont get too worried, this may not be the best free agent class but there are still some players that intrigued me.

Drew Gooden- How cool would that be for Kirk to play alongside his former teamate at Kansas? IMO, this would be thee greatest free agent possible for us to bring in. He not only brings rebounding to our team but also someone who can score with his back to the basket. He would give us 12-15 ppg im sure and would fit our team well.

Nene Hilario- Another Lowpost player. A center with a good amount of potential that so far he has left unfifilled after suffering a season ending knee injury this year. Basically gives you what Drew Gooden would but your never sure how he will play coming off the knee surgery. Could Be a risk, but a risk im willing to take.

Ben Wallace- An Aging Center. The only reason I see a possibility is he brings Defense. Afterall he was the DPOY the last 5 seasons. The one thing he doesnt bring is size and IMO Tyson Chandler already does what he does so Im not all for him but wouldnt mind him here.

Chris Wilcox- An athletic Center, I see this being one of Pax's main targets in the summer since we all know what his main goal this offseason is bringing in athletes.

Some Random Thoughts:

Tyrus is coming into a great situation here because this team has already been to the postseason in 2 consecutive years. Expect Skiles to bring Thomas along slowly because of our enormous depth but this kid has the chance to be a superstar not just a star but a superstar.

As for next season.. My predictions go as the following-> 50-32 3rd in the East and lose in the ECF.

By the way before I end this post.. Did anybody else notice how high above the rim Sofalosha's head was during the Highlight? I was amazed.
The Gladiator
Great post, yes I would go along with Gooden as a free agent. And yes, Sofalosha is amazing! biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Two things to add the FA talk, both Gooden and Nene are restricted FAs, which really reduces their chances of being Chicago Bulls.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:45 AM)
Two things to add the FA talk, both Gooden and Nene are restricted FAs, which really reduces their chances of being Chicago Bulls.

Yea but remember the Bulls can pay more than any other team!
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 08:21 AM)
Yea but remember the Bulls can pay more than any other team!

And both teams can match their offers, plus both teams want their respective players back, which either means a sign and trade, or they have to pay an insane amount of money for them.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30 2006, 08:31 AM)
And both teams can match their offers, plus both teams want their respective players back, which either means a sign and trade, or they have to pay an insane amount of money for them.

no, say the bulls go after Gooden.. The Bulls can Over bid for gooden to make it impossible for the Cavs to resign him right?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 08:32 AM)
no, say the bulls go after Gooden.. The Bulls can Over bid for gooden to make it impossible for the Cavs to resign him right?

No. A team can over over the salary cap to resign their own players. A team cannot go over the salary cap to sign new players. The Bulls can make it unpleasant to resign Gooden, but technically they can't make it impossible.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30 2006, 09:20 AM)
No. A team can over over the salary cap to resign their own players. A team cannot go over the salary cap to sign new players. The Bulls can make it unpleasant to resign Gooden, but technically they can't make it impossible.

hm... interesting thanks, I wasnt sure smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.