Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlos Boozer
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
beck72
Many people expect Boozer to be dealt his offseason.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/Grading_the_Utah_Jazz.html

He'll make $11 mill next yr and over $12 mill the following. They wouldn't be tied into a long 4, 5 yr deal. For his post scoring and decent rebounding, it wouldn't be the worst option. Eps. as the Bulls could deal Sweetney and Khyrapa for him, two extra pieces. The question is, what is his reputation? I've hear rumblings but nothing definitive. Anybody out there with some insight into Boozer's game and attitude?
madisonsmadhouse
It sounds like Boozer really hates it in Utah, and he guts have been questioned with his injury last year as he was out way longer than anyone really expected.
ZoomSlowik
It sounds like they want at least one decent piece, not just cap relief. The rumored 3-way deal had them getting Wally Sczcerbiak.

I wouldn't mind Boozer as long as our doctors pass him physically. He's pretty tough when he's on the floor, he's big (weighs almost 26), and can score and rebound. He'd be an interesting complement to Tyson.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 30 2006, 09:29 AM)
It sounds like they want at least one decent piece, not just cap relief. The rumored 3-way deal had them getting Wally Sczcerbiak.

I wouldn't mind Boozer as long as our doctors pass him physically. He's pretty tough when he's on the floor, he's big (weighs almost 26), and can score and rebound. He'd be an interesting complement to Tyson.

I would take boozer in a heartbeat.. I could see him getting 18 and 9 if coming to the Bulls
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 09:40 AM)
I would take boozer in a heartbeat.. I could see him getting 18 and 9 if coming to the Bulls

Quite possibly, although the points might be a little high.

This would ease my concerns in the post considerably as long as we don't lose major pieces like Deng or Gordon.
sport1016
would you trade tyson for him?

Have a frontcourt next year of something like boozer/nazr or something with the future looking like tyrus/boozer

im not saying i would, just want to know what ppl think........
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 30 2006, 10:04 AM)
would you trade tyson for him?

Have a frontcourt next year of something like boozer/nazr or something with the future looking like tyrus/boozer

im not saying i would, just want to know what ppl think........

That's kind of counter-productive. Our scoring would get better, but our defense would take a serious hit.
B-4-Bulls
Boozer is not capable of playing Center
madisonsmadhouse
I'd trade Tyson for Boozer in a heart beat, because if you add one of the other centers out there we come out ahead in terms of player ability anyway.
B-4-Bulls
Would Utah Do it you think?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 30 2006, 11:00 AM)
Would Utah Do it you think?

Depends on what other deals they get offered. I have no doubt that Boozer is getting traded this off season, so IMO the best offer wins the sweepstakes.
sport1016
I acutally think Chandler would be a good fit with Okur. He scores inside and out and Chandler can rebound and block and get the putbacks. The only problem is that AK47 duplicates a lot of that and then some.

Because of Okur they would want Chandler, but bc of ak47 they'd probably prefer someone who is more well rounded like mouhamed or nene.

BUT if they were interested in sene isn't- chandler basically him but 5 years later?
illinilaw08
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 30 2006, 02:14 PM)
I acutally think Chandler would be a good fit with Okur.  He scores inside and out and Chandler can rebound and block and get  the putbacks.  The only problem is that AK47 duplicates a lot of that and then some. 

Because of Okur they would want Chandler, but bc of ak47 they'd probably prefer someone who is more well rounded like mouhamed or nene. 

BUT if they were interested in sene isn't- chandler basically him but 5 years later?

No doubt Tyson would be a good fit there. Tyson just needs another solid post player alongside him to take pressure off and let him get this putbacks and play defense... Boozer would fill that void assuming he's healthy and would be a very solid addition as long as it wouldnt cost a player like Deng or Noc... so pretty much I'm agreeing with almost everyone else in this thread.
The Dude Abides
Considering he completely screwed cleveland for a payday...I wouldnt go near him. He is a pouty often injured player. Skiles would send him home by december. I wouldnt give up Basden for him.and his overpaid contract...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.