Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rookie Photos in their Jerseys!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator

First thing I noticed.. OMG TYRUS CAN PALM THE BALL, That makes him automatically better than Tyson on offense biggrin.gif
Kalapse
Well, I can palm the ball and I'm a 6'0" white guy so that shouldn't be a huge surprise but Tyrus does have gigantic hands.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 30 2006, 04:03 PM)
Well, I can palm the ball and I'm a 6'0" white guy so that shouldn't be a huge surprise but Tyrus does have gigantic hands.

im a 5'9 white kid and I can palm it easily lol
sport1016
Tyson's hands are enormous....and clumsy. I wonder how the man manages to eat sometimes.....
SoxFan1
Every NBA player should be able to palm the ball. I'm only about an inch shorter than Sefolosha and I can palm the ball. No big.

God those new balls are ugly.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 04:07 PM)
Every NBA player should be able to palm the ball. I'm only about an inch shorter than Sefolosha and I can palm the ball. No big.

God those new balls are ugly.

Well Tyson cant... And no, those balls are awesome
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 05:08 PM)
And no, those balls are awesome

puke.gif
Michael Jordan
It's not about whether you can palm the ball or not. Anybody can palm the ball without moving it much or at all. Try palming the ball while you're MOVING your hand in a circle... is the ball still in your hand? ?:|
Michael Jordan
Keep your arm horizontel while moving the ball in circles not straight down.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Jun 30 2006, 04:35 PM)
It's not about whether you can palm the ball or not. Anybody can palm the ball without moving it much or at all. Try palming the ball while you're MOVING your hand in a circle... is the ball still in your hand? ?:|

Guys, My point is... Tyrus can palm the ball, Tyson Cant! Tyrus can do more than one dunk, Tyson cant. Tyrus Can catch the ball, Tyson Cant. I still like tyson though. If he works on his game like we all think he is, He will be a great player in the future, I would be thrilled if he averaged 10 and 10 a game for us next year.
Kalapse
Jordan perfected the art of puppetry, there aren't many guys out there who can use a palmed ball to their advantage like Jordan did throughout his career.
Kalapse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 10:38 PM)
Guys, My point is... Tyrus can palm the ball, Tyson Cant! Tyrus can do more than one dunk, Tyson cant. Tyrus Can catch the ball, Tyson Cant. I still like tyson though. If he works on his game like we all think he is, He will be a great player in the future, I would be thrilled if he averaged 10 and 10 a game for us next year.

Wait, since when can't Tyson palm the ball? I highly doubt that's the case unless he has the hands of a 10 year old white girl.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 30 2006, 04:39 PM)
Jordan perfected the art of puppetry, there aren't many guys out there who can use a palmed ball to their advantage like Jordan did throughout his career.

Kalapse just curious but when are you going to change your sig? Its impossible to get Roy now smile.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 04:08 PM)
Well Tyson cant... And no, those balls are awesome

Im sure Tyson can palm the ball. Yes he has small hands, but they arent that small.
Also, if u noticed late into this season, Chandler was at times trying to dunk w/ one hand. Tyson said it himself that the coaches wanted him to do that, and add that to his game.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 30 2006, 04:40 PM)
Wait, since when can't Tyson palm the ball? I highly doubt that's the case unless he has the hands of a 10 year old white girl.

Tyson cannot palm the ball, you didnt know that? Thats kinda the whole point of the joke! laugh.gif

Its like what the poster "Michael Jordon" Said, He may be able to palm the ball, but he certainly cant when hes dunking thats why you never see him do windmills or for that matter one handed dunks. Ive seen very few one handed dunks from tyson during his career.
Kalapse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 10:40 PM)
Kalapse just curious but when are you going to change your sig? Its impossible to get Roy now smile.gif

Just because he's not on the Bulls doesn't make him any less studly.
Michael Jordan
Tyson CAN palm it... but when he goes up for a 1 handed dunk, he loses the grip. Can Tyrus do a 1-handed dunk? Idk, i'm just asking.
Kalapse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 10:41 PM)
Tyson cannot palm the ball, you didnt know that? Thats kinda the whole point of the joke! laugh.gif

Its like what the poster "Michael Jordon" Said, He may be able to palm the ball, but he certainly cant when hes dunking thats why you never see him do windmills or for that matter one handed dunks. Ive seen very few one handed dunks from tyson during his career.

So this is a fact that Tyson can not palm a basketball, I know he has small hands and all but I doubt he can't palm a ball. How about a link or any proof of this claim.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 30 2006, 04:44 PM)
So this is a fact that Tyson can not palm a basketball, I know he has small hands and all but I doubt he can't palm a ball. How about a link or any proof of this claim.

Its hard to find a link of that but here is another guy that knows what im talking about. Link
Heres another, Link
another link
I know its been said on telecast during pre games about how tyson cant palm a ball every now and then.

xcrnrkyle wrote:
He can palm the ball!!!!!!!!

Just going to say that!! The anti-Tyson!
HoofHearted
Tyson can palm a ball, this is just typical exageration from some. His terrible feel for the ball, and rock hard touch just maginify his ability to hold onto it on occasion. His hands are small for a seven footer, but they arent "tiny". I think the fact that everything else on him is long and lanky, while his hands look a little stubbier only combine to dwarf the perception of the size of his hands.

The Dude Abides
Tyrus looks way too happy to be a Bull.

Seriously though, The uniform fits him well. I hope he brings some swagger to add to Noch's insanity on the court.
Bullseye
i wonder how it is to pleasure yourself with that size of hands ph34r.gif blink.gif
Bullseye
Our SG is an inch shorter then our next great PF ohmy.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 30 2006, 05:45 PM)
Tyrus looks way too happy to be a Bull.

Seriously though, The uniform fits him well. I hope he brings some swagger to add to Noch's insanity on the court.

Do you think there will be any Bulls Summer league games telivised? I remember when Tyson and Eddy were rookies they showed like 3 of the games on TV!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 30 2006, 06:30 PM)
Our SG is an inch shorter then our next great PF  ohmy.gif

its easier to tell now, You can easily tell Thomas is 3 inches taller than Sefolosha. BTW, he is tilting his head so that adds at least another inch so its about right, Thomas= close to 6'9 in shoes Sef= 6'6

And further more, does anyone notice how freakishly big Ty's neck is? Wow! I can see how he has room to grow another inch and add some muscle weight to his frame. Hopefully from now untill beginning of the season he grows an inch and gains about 15 pounds.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 07:31 PM)
its easier to tell now, You can easily tell Thomas is 3 inches taller than Sefolosha. BTW, he is tilting his head so that adds at least another inch so its about right, Thomas= close to 6'9 in shoes Sef= 6'6

And further more, does anyone notice how freakishly big Ty's neck is? Wow! I can see how he has room to grow another inch and add some muscle weight to his frame. Hopefully from now untill beginning of the season he grows an inch and gains about 15 pounds.

God, it's so obvious that you've been waiting to gush about Tyrus Thomas for such a long time now. wink.gif

Did you notice how well the number 32 compliments his amazing triceps! laugh.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 06:30 PM)
Do you think there will be any Bulls Summer league games telivised? I remember when Tyson and Eddy were rookies they showed like 3 of the games on TV!

I really hope so. NBA tv televised some games last year, but I think you have to have the league pass to get it..but I'm not sure.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 09:57 PM)
God, it's so obvious that you've been waiting to gush about Tyrus Thomas for such a long time now. wink.gif

Did you notice how well the number 32 compliments his amazing triceps! laugh.gif

Nah, I too wanted Aldridge more than Tyrus, but now that we have him im not bitching about him and I like the pick. I said miles before the draft that I'd be happy with any of those guys.
SleepyWhiteSox
He may be able to palm it, but not efficiently because of his too-small-for-his-body-type hands...In basketball terms, he's got horrible hands...Reminds me of Jordan making fun of dickey simpkins by making claw motions with his hands while on the bench during a blowout and dickey in the game...
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 1 2006, 06:18 PM)
He may be able to palm it, but not efficiently because of his too-small-for-his-body-type hands...In basketball terms, he's got horrible hands...Reminds me of Jordan making fun of dickey simpkins by making claw motions with his hands while on the bench during a blowout and dickey in the game...

What the fish are you talking about? Tyrus has Humongous hands huh.gif Have you seen his highlight reels? He was the best dunker probably next to Rudy Gay in College Basketball this year.
Kalapse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 1 2006, 08:26 PM)
What the fish are you talking about? Tyrus has Humongous hands huh.gif Have you seen his highlight reels? He was the best dunker probably next to Rudy Gay in College Basketball this year.

He's talking about Chandler, genius.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 1 2006, 07:28 PM)
He's talking about Chandler, genius.

O i thought he was saying this about Tyrus...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 1 2006, 08:26 PM)

banghead.gif
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 1 2006, 09:26 PM)

James White, Rodney Carney are better dunkers
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 2 2006, 09:50 AM)
James White, Rodney Carney are better dunkers

I beg to differ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.