Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyrus will be the Next Amare
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Michael Jordan
I don't know why people here are dissapointed that we traded LA for T2. If you watched LA during his college years, you'd know that he plays with no heart and often looks lazy and uninterested - which sounds a lot like the great tEddy Curry.
The Gladiator
I agree, GO TYRUS biggrin.gif
Timoperezrulez
Amare is 7-1, Ty is 6-8 enough said
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Jun 30 2006, 09:06 PM)

wow, hold it there partner, Amare is 6'10
Michael Jordan
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Jun 30 2006, 09:06 PM)

Amare is not 7-1.. more close to 6-9, 10
Timoperezrulez
o my bad i didnt realize he wasent that tall
Rowand44
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Jun 30 2006, 09:05 PM)
I don't know why people here are dissapointed that we traded LA for T2.  If you watched LA during his college years, you'd know that he plays with no heart and often looks lazy and uninterested - which sounds a lot like the great tEddy Curry.

Well that comparison almost works except the fact that Tyrus has no inside moves and is about half as strong as Amare.
SoxFan1
Amare Stoudemire: 6'10, 245

Tyrus Thomas: 6'8, 217

Rookie Year Stats:
AS: 13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.06 bpg,
TT: Yeah right...
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 09:42 PM)

Rookie Year Stats:

Hahaha... I like that "Yeah right", it's funny cuz it's true.

Amare came in the league with a rather matured body and freakish athletic talent for a big man, so he didnt have to make up for much. He learned super fast how to play in the NBA, we can only hope T2 does the same.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 30 2006, 10:46 PM)
Hahaha... I like that "Yeah right", it's funny cuz it's true.

I just don't see Thomas putting up those numbers his rookie year.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 09:48 PM)
I just don't see Thomas putting up those numbers his rookie year.

Neither do I, and quite frankly anyone who does is going to be dissapointed.
The Dude Abides
Aldridge is not fat or lazy.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 08:02 AM)
Aldridge is not fat or lazy.

^ yeah that.... and at leasts he is comitted to rebounding, and playing some D...Unlike Eddy tongue.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 09:42 PM)

Rookie Year Stats:

ya ur right cuz, He will average 45 ppg 39 rpg 43 bpg tongue.gif
soxfan101
I was very dissapointed in this draft much like the Bears on the first day. But after I had a night to cool off Im ok with this team... Im hoping we can add a good low post scorer or something but im becoming a fan of Tyrus.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 30 2006, 07:18 PM)
Well that comparison almost works except the fact that Tyrus has no inside moves and is about half as strong as Amare.

I will say this, there were a lot of doubts about Stoudamire and his lack of low post moves, but in the high octane Suns offense he was able to come in and use his incredible athletism for a man his size to get points and rebounds and all the other stuff he did to turn into one of the better bigs in this league (when he's healthy).

But yes, he was definately stronger than Tyrus at this stage of the game.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1 2006, 11:19 AM)
I will say this, there were a lot of doubts about Stoudamire and his lack of low post moves, but in the high octane Suns offense he was able to come in and use his incredible athletism for a man his size to get points and rebounds and all the other stuff he did to turn into one of the better bigs in this league (when he's healthy).

But yes, he was definately stronger than Tyrus at this stage of the game.

He was A LOT more skilled when he declared though. Amare was a freak in high school, he actually played on the perimeter fairly successfully for long stretches. He's also longer than Thomas, and although I don't have the numbers, he looks just as athletic. He was the top high school player in the country for a reason.

The other one is a really bad comparison as well. Curry is a lot fatter and lazier, and Aldridge is considerably more athletic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.