Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milwaukee deals TJ Ford to Toronto
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
Link

Must read through because Im pretty sure its becoming official. The Deal was Charlie Vilinueva for Tj Ford. Sounds like Toronto gets screwed in this deal. Although Collangelo is pry trying to make Ford into the next nash.
Michael Jordan
We could've offered toronto Duhon and Pargo for HIm./
Timoperezrulez
villanueva and bogat could be a good combo for the bucks
The Gladiator
[quote]According to a report on ESPN the Raptors have dealt forward Charlie Villanueva to the Milwaukee Bucks for T.J. Ford.

Ford averaged 12.2 points and 6.6 assists in 72 games for the Bucks last year after missing all of the previous season and part of his rookie season with a back injury.

Villanueva averaged 13.0 points and 6.4 rebounds in 81 games for the Raptors last year - his first in the NBA.

Details to follow.[/quote]

There its official. Link

[quote]ESPN - ESPN's Sportscenter is reporting that the Toronto Raptors will swap Charlie Villanueva to the Milwaukee Bucks for T.J. Ford.

RealGM.com will update you with more information as it comes in.[/quote]
Wanne
So who plays PG for the Bucks now? Milwaukee must have something else up their sleeve.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 30 2006, 09:24 PM)
So who plays PG for the Bucks now? Milwaukee must have something else up their sleeve.

Whats his name, um.. Maurice Williams is it?
Wanne
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 09:25 PM)

spiff...I forgot about him. Hey...I'd give them Duhon and Krapo for Magloire biggrin.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 30 2006, 09:31 PM)
spiff...I forgot about him. Hey...I'd give them Duhon and Krapo for Magloire biggrin.gif

This is funny laugh.gif Its the New NBA Logo!
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 09:25 PM)

He played alright when TJ was hurt, but he isnt very good(not for a starter anyway), no way they go into the season with him and Charlie Bell at PG.
SoxFan1
Puzzling trade. Maybe Milwaukee just really likes Charlie Bell or Maurice Williams?
dasox24
Either they really like Mo Williams, or they hope to -- 1)Get a veteran FA PG. 2)Get a PG in next years draft

Meanwhile, they add some serious talent as long as Villanueva continues to improve and work ethic issues don't arise.

Edit: Damn, I didn't even realize Charlie Bell was in the league. I always thought he'd be a solid player when he was at MSU even though I'm an Illinois fan.

Also, I really like the Bucks' starting lineup 2-5 now.
PG- Mo Williams (for now)
SG- Redd
SF- Simmons
PF- Villanueva
C- Bogut
SoxFan1
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 30 2006, 11:37 PM)
Either they really like Mo Williams, or they hope to -- 1)Get a veteran FA PG. 2)Get a PG in next years draft

Meanwhile, they add some serious talent as long as Villanueva continues to improve and work ethic issues don't arise.

Edit: Damn, I didn't even realize Charlie Bell was in the league. I always thought he'd be a solid player when he was at MSU even though I'm an Illinois fan.

Also, I really like the Bucks' starting lineup 2-5 now.
PG- Mo Williams (for now)
SG- Redd
SF- Simmons
PF- Villanueva
C- Bogut

Perhaps they will make a run at Jason Terry or Speedy Claxton?
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 10:55 PM)

Man, if they were able to pick up Claxton, I think that would be very solid for them.
Wanne
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2006, 10:55 PM)

Or give Jay Williams a shot.
Bullies4Ever
jason terry pland to be a mav bext year.. bank on it cool.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 30 2006, 09:33 PM)

This is funny laugh.gif Its the New NBA Logo!

That is hysterical.
Chisoxfn
I think this was a really good deal by the Raptors as they get a very fast point guard that can create and I do think Villaneuva is over-rated.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1 2006, 12:40 PM)
I think this was a really good deal by the Raptors as they get a very fast point guard that can create and I do think Villaneuva is over-rated.

I thought Villanueva was really overrated too at the time of the draft but consider me impressed by the season he had this year.
madisonsmadhouse
Toronto really needed backcourt help badly especially if Mike James decides to leave. I guess they are opening up the position for Bargs, and also want to get a bit quicker and more athletic???
ChWRoCk2
I wouldnt consider this a trade a big trade, just teams swapping players they dont really need for a need
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.