Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drew Gooden
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Timoperezrulez
He would be a good low post scorer for the bulls.
SoxFan1
I'm sure he is being considered by Pax and the crew. I can probably guarantee that these are the guys Pax is looking at:

Nene
Nazr Mohammed
Ben Wallace
Joel Pryzbilla
Drew Gooden
Al Harrington
Chris Wilcox
Vladimir Radmanovic
Reggie Evans
Lorenzen Wright

Just what I think...
Bullies4Ever
Gooden doesnt bring it every night.. he sometimes plays very well like for 2 quarters and then dissapears...

or so ive heard..
The Dude Abides
Gooden would be a last resort...If we need another big man and we cant get the ones we want, then he will do. Not a very smart or consistent player.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 08:36 AM)
Gooden would be a last resort...If we need another big man and we cant get the ones we want, then he will do. Not a very smart or consistent player.

it would be interesting to see how hed play with former teamate Kirk Hinrich cool.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 1 2006, 09:50 AM)
it would be interesting to see how hed play with former teamate Kirk Hinrich cool.gif

Like I said...last resort...

If we dont get Big Ben, Harrington, Nazr, Nene, Pryz...then yeah, I'd grab him.
soxfan101
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 09:55 AM)
Like I said...last resort...

If we dont get Big Ben, Harrington, Nazr, Nene, Pryz...then yeah, I'd grab him.

Id actually rather have Gooden more than any of those players. Sure with Ben Wallace we would be a great defensive teams possibly one of the best ever if Tyrus Thomas starts at SF and Chandler PF. But how are we going to score? Is Ben Gordon and Hinrich going to make 100 by themselves?

Harrington is another tweener between the SF/PF position and he scores from the outside not the inside. I was a big fan but with how we are so loaded with tweeners SF/PF he isnt a good fit on this team anymore.

Nazr same as Wallace basicly but younger and less D. I guess in New York he showed some offense but its basicly dunking.

Nene is overall crap and should be the true last resort and I guess Id throw in Pryz in with Nene.... both of them in my mind should be last resorts.
Chisoxfn
Gooden is a better option than some guys because he has a pretty good low post arsenal. The man can score in the paint and thats something we obviously lack. If we are able to land a Big Ben and can move Chandler, I'd be a huge fan of finding a way (salary wise I don't know if its possible) to get Gooden in here to help us out.

With Wallace taking the defensively strong guys and Gooden just providing some offense down low while we groom and use our younger guys off the bench.
madisonsmadhouse
Gooden is a restricted FA, which means either WAY overpay or deal with Cleveland, neither of which makes sense for the Bulls.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3 2006, 08:07 AM)
Gooden is a restricted FA, which means either WAY overpay or deal with Cleveland, neither of which makes sense for the Bulls.

I didn't think Cleveland wanted Gooden back.
Jimbo's Drinker
The more jayhawks, the merrier smile.gif
bschmaranz
I'm still not understanding how Harrington fits in with this team? I think we need more of a hard-nosed board crasher.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.