Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Ben Wallace Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
bschmaranz
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/stories/index...7030.xml&coll=1

There's already rumors floating around Detroit sportstalk radio (read it on RealGM) that he's going to receive a 4 year, 60 million dollar offer from the Bulls.
Bullies4Life
15 mil a year?.... wow... IMO, thats just a little tiny too much... But i wouldnt be dissapointed if we got Big Ben. That would put our team up to a higher level.
Bullies4Ever
4 year 60 million??!!! blink.gif

thats a lil bit too much.. but if thats the only way we can get him... then lets do it..

i only like the fact that the deal isnt too long... Ben Wallace will help out Chandler and TT do become better proffesionals and teach them tips on how to play better D. He will be their mentor.. which is priceless.... He'll be our veteran leader.

dude with Ben Wallace on our team... we have a chance to go to the Eastern Conference Finals...

We would have the potential to become the best Defensive team in the league... hopefully only allow less than 90 points..

We would compete for years to come till our core get in their prime.
WHarris1
I want Ben Wallace so freaking bad, if Pax lands him I will forget about the draft and love him again.
HoofHearted
Yes, a max contract for more defense on a team whos big men cant score low. One dimensional players freaking rule!!!!

Sweet!!!
The Dude Abides
4 years at $60 mil???

No freaking way.

I would welcome big ben here with open arms, but not at age 32 at $15 mil per year.

That means our PF and C combined would account for $25 million of the salary cap and about 15 pts per game. Awful.

I have to believe if Big Ben is coming to Chicago, Chandler is on his way out. This team can not win with the both of them on the floor. We would actually take a step back in the low post scoring dept.

Hmmmm....
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Jul 1 2006, 01:30 AM)
4 year 60 million??!!! blink.gif

thats a lil bit too much.. but if thats the only way we can get him... then lets do it..

i only like the fact that the deal isnt too long... Ben Wallace will help out Chandler and TT do become better proffesionals and teach them tips on how to play better D. He will be their mentor.. which is priceless.... He'll be our veteran leader.

dude with Ben Wallace on our team... we have a chance to go to the Eastern Conference Finals...

We would have the potential to become the best Defensive team in the league... hopefully only allow less than 90 points..

We would compete for years to come till our core get in their prime.

With the two of them on the team, we beat not give up over 85 points per game bc we arent scoring either.

I haved lived in Michigan for 2 years now bc of work and I have seen plenty of Big Ben. His offense is laughable, not as bad as chandlers though.
Bullies4Ever
^^^we dont need offense when u only allow 85 points headbang.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Jul 1 2006, 08:01 AM)
^^^we dont need offense when u only allow 85 points headbang.gif

unless you are scoring 82.... ohmy.gif
Bullies4Life
The way its looking now... IF we do get ben Wallace, it appears that we will be an outstanding defensive team... But wow we are still too short.

-Anyways, We prolbably will become a fast pace team. Good defense w/ quick players that can run the floor and finish in transition.... Is this a reason why we got Athletic players in this draft?

Wow, im kinda liking the plan... Get a block, a steal, a rebound, and just keep Running!

So is this how we are gonna get all our points?
Bullies4Life
PG- kirk/ Duhon
SG- Gordon/ Sefolosha
SF- Deng/ Thomas/ Noc
PF- M. Allen? Noc?/ Thomas?/Chandler?
C- Wallace/ Chandler

With this group, we will always have fresh players for playing defense, and running. And on the forth quarter, we will keep on grinding it out, and running, and come out on top biggrin.gif

My only question is... whos gonna be our starting PF? Im not sure if we would be able to sign another PF because Wallace would be taking a lot of the money w/ that gigantic contract blink.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 08:42 AM)
PG- kirk/ Duhon
SG- Gordon/ Sefolosha
SF- Deng/ Thomas/ Noc
PF- M. Allen? Noc?/ Thomas?/Chandler?
C- Wallace/ Chandler

With this group, we will always have fresh players for playing defense, and running. And on the forth quarter, we will keep on grinding it out, and running, and come out on top biggrin.gif

My only question is... whos gonna be our starting PF? Im not sure if we would be able to sign another PF because Wallace would be taking a lot of the money w/ that gigantic contract blink.gif

You have the Bulls best player listed as 3rd string SF...

There has to be a trade in the works...There's not enough mins to go around, especially with guys like Deng and T2 who need to develop...
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 08:45 AM)

There has to be a trade in the works...There's not enough mins to go around, especially with guys like Deng and T2 who need to develop...

I was thinking the same thing.. I feel a trade coming up.. maybe not soon, but sometime in the future...

Also, I know that Noc is listed as the third string SF... But with this group, i think i see him playing more PF like he did late in this season. Noc with his quickness will be like our Shawn Marion of the Suns. He will almost always be faster than the rest of the PFs. That way we can run. I just wasnt sure if he should start at that position...

So is this gonna be a Phoenex/ Detroit team? Maybe we will set standards for the future biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 08:54 AM)
I was thinking the same thing.. I feel a trade coming up.. maybe not soon, but sometime in the future...

Also, I know that Noc is listed as the third string SF... But with this group, i think i see him playing more PF like he did late in this season. Noc with his quickness will be like our Shawn Marion of the Suns. He will almost always be faster than the rest of the PFs. That way we can run. I just wasnt sure if he should start at that position...

So is this gonna be a Phoenex/ Detroit team? Maybe we will set standards for the future biggrin.gif

I'll take a phx/det hybrid...

Never thought of it like that...Now that I do...that's what they could be building...

Hinrich-Nash
Noch-Tougher Marion
T2-Mini Amare
Gordon-outside bomber
Thebo-defensive stopper/matchup nightmare
Big Ben-Muscle, swagger, leadership, defensive stopper-fast break transitions will start with him a lot!

Interesting...
Da Bulls 88
That's alot of $$ for a guy that can't score. blink.gif
The Gladiator
YAH BABY SIGN BIG BEN WE WILL BE ECC RIGHT AWAY! biggrin.gif

A source close to the Bulls said the team has targeted Detroit big man Ben Wallace, 32, as its top priority. Wallace, an unrestricted free agent, was expected to be a lock to remain with the Pistons until he and coach Flip Saunders had a late-season falling out.

If the Bulls are unable to land Wallace, Atlanta forward Al Harrington (unrestricted) and Seattle power forward Chris Wilcox (restricted), 23, are next on the Bulls' list of front-court free agents

a quote from the suntimes. Wow those are my priorities as well. I think you go, Big Ben, Harrington, CHris wilcox biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 1 2006, 02:35 AM)
I want Ben Wallace so freaking bad, if Pax lands him I will forget about the draft and love him again.

I have never agreed with you more.
Chisoxfn
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/stories/index...7030.xml&coll=1
AUBURN HILLS - Two NBA officials confirmed Friday night that Detroit center Ben Wallace, considered by most to be the top free agent available this summer, is scheduled to meet with the Chicago Bulls in Chicago today. Teams can begin negotiating with free agents today, but they can not sign players to contracts until July 12.

The Bulls are one of the few teams that will have enough salary cap space to sign Wallace, who as an unrestricted free agent can sign with any team he wants.

While all indications have been that Wallace would re-sign with Detroit, several league officials contacted on Friday said that they're not surprised that the 31-year-old Wallace will consider all his options.

"This is going to be the biggest contract of his career," said one Western Conference official. "He wants to come back to Detroit. Everybody knows that. But he wants to get the best deal he can, too. The only way to make sure that happens, is to see what other teams are willing to offer."

Another factor in negotiations is Wallace's new agent, Arn Tellem, who represents some of the NBA's top players like Los Angeles Lakers' guard Kobe Bryant, Houston's Tracy McGrady, and Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal.

Tellem was instrumental in convincing the Bulls this past season to release one of his clients, Tim Thomas, in time for Thomas to be eligible for the playoffs. Thomas signed with the Phoenix Suns, and was a key performer in helping Phoenix advance to the Western Conference finals.

That relationship, coupled with the Bulls likely to have $15-17 million available to offer Wallace, might be enough to entice the five-time All-star to leave a Pistons team that's expected to offer him a contract in that's expected to start in the $12-14 million range.

Joe Dumars, Detroit's president of basketball operations, has every intention of re-signing Wallace. However, earlier this week he mentioned that the team has a number of contingency plans they will consider if Wallace decides to play elsewhere.

"You have to have an initial plan and you have to have contingencies in a situation like this," Dumars said following Wednesday night's NBA draft. "Because everything is not in your hands, so you better have contingencies. If this were like a restricted free agent, you could sit here and plot out, 'here's (plan) A and here's (plan) B.' But when it's someone else's call at the end of the day, it puts you in a position where you have to have one or two different plans."

Among those options would be to work out a sign-and-trade, similar to what they did with Grant Hill in 2000 when they traded him to Orlando for Wallace and ex-Piston Chucky Atkins. If the Pistons were to pursue a sign-and-trade with the Bulls, they would probably ask for the deal to include Tyson Chandler who, like Wallace, is a defensive-minded shot blocking center.

I'm really glad to see Tellem is Wallace's new rep. We can offer Ben a lot of money and I think he would be able to come in and make us a lot better team. He's a veteran with a lot of playoff experience who is a tremendous defensive player. His addition allows us to move Chandler's contract to go out and find a scoring big to pair up with Wallace while we groom Thomas to join the front line eventually.

I'd be so excited if we were able to land Ben Wall.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 30 2006, 11:26 PM)
15 mil a year?.... wow... IMO, thats just a little tiny too much... But i wouldnt be dissapointed if we got Big Ben. That would put our team up to a higher level.

Its just 4 years though and I think thats a big deal. Instead of giving him more years an d a little less money we take care of things this way. I'm fairly confident he can be a very good player at 35, but more importantly if he can just be very good for 3 years, in his last year of his contract he'll have a lot of value (if we want to trade him for something) because he'll be an expiring contract which in general have a lot of value (especially when that expiring contract is a very strong defensive big man with nba championship experience and a ring to boot).
SoxFan1
Latest on the Ben Wallace front:

M y moles are telling me the Pistons have one team to beat in the Ben Wallace sweepstakes: the Bulls.

Although there are other teams interested in Wallace's services, the Bulls have made it clear they want the defending defensive player of the year and are willing to spend some big-time cash to secure him.

That's the only way a team will pry him from the Pistons.

Wallace, the cornerstone of the Pistons' turnaround that included the 2004 title, has made it clear he would love to stay in Motown. But he knows this is business.

At the end of the day, finances will determine the future.

The free-agent rush began at midnight, and you can bet Wallace's people received at least two phone calls -- one from the Pistons and the other from the Bulls.

Word is the Pistons will offer Wallace, 32, a four-year, $48 million deal. The Bulls are prepared to offer Wallace about $15 million per season -- for three or four years.

There are basically three scenarios that could play out. Wallace could accept the Pistons' offer, which is expected to start at near $10 or $12 million for four seasons. He could sign with one of four teams -- Atlanta, Chicago, Charlotte and Toronto -- that have space under the salary cap. Or the Pistons could arrange a sign-and-trade with another team, giving them something in return for Wallace.

The Bulls and the Hornets are expected to aggressively pursue Wallace, and they have the cap space to offer a maximum deal, starting at more than $14 million.
beck72
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 07:55 AM)
I have to believe if Big Ben is coming to Chicago, Chandler is on his way out. This team can not win with the both of them on the floor. We would actually take a step back in the low post scoring dept.

Hmmmm....

I would certainly agree. With Chandlers contract gone, the Bulls could afford to get a PF who could score.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 1 2006, 06:22 PM)
I would certainly agree. With Chandlers contract gone, the Bulls could afford to get a PF who could score.

It doesnt happen that easy. We still have to pay Chandlers contract, At least im pretty sure
dasox24
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 08:45 AM)

Man, I love Noc, and would hate to see him traded. He brings a certain intensity and fire that just can't be replaced. While Deng may have better career numbers when it's all said and done, I think Nocioni's intangibles make him a much bigger value to our team.

That's why I think Deng is tradable (only for a superstar), even though I love him to death, and love the fact that he's so young and putting up the #'s he does already.
GreatScott82
Bulls visit Ben Wallace

sounds like he's there #1 target in free agency. it should be between the Bulls and Pistons as they are the only teams who can afford him. Some people say he is on the decline and not worth that type of money. I say go for him as he can give the Bulls that intimidating presense defensively down low. If you look at the 2004 Piston's championship team, the Bulls are pretty similar to that if they add Wallace. A bunch of scrappy guards who can play defense, to go along with athleticism at the SF/PF possitions (Deng, Thomas, Sefolosha).
I'm not saying we would win it all during the first year, but maybe in 2007 we just might be talking about the World Champion Chicago Bulls once again.
Chisoxfn
Overall we aren't as good as that team was. We don't have a Richard Hamilton thats a good all around scorer or even a Chauncey Billups let alone a Rasheed Wallace down low, but we do have some talent that can continue to get better offensively and defensively we are a very good team.

I'm excited to see what this team can do and whether Ben will leave the Pistons.
Chisoxfn
According to the Detroit paper its a 4yr/48 million offer, so Pax and company now have to decide whether they are willing to either add an extra year or go with more money over the same years or one more year.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Pyrzbilla is apparently the Bulls backup option in terms of a defensive center (Chandler is gone gone gone, so I think the other big we get will be a scoring PF who can ocassionally play C).
WHarris1
Go 60/4, I bet he takes it. I will be disappointed if we offer lower than that.

Pryzbilla is the backup plan, but he really can't hold a candle to Ben. Might as well just keep Chandler if you want Pryz.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 12:16 PM)
According to the Detroit paper its a 4yr/48 million offer, so Pax and company now have to decide whether they are willing to either add an extra year or go with more money over the same years or one more year.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Pyrzbilla is apparently the Bulls backup option in terms of a defensive center (Chandler is gone gone gone, so I think the other big we get will be a scoring PF who can ocassionally play C).

Tyson is not gone, he will be in Chicago For years to come.... pray.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 2 2006, 10:19 AM)
Go 60/4, I bet he takes it. I will be disappointed if we offer lower than that.

Pryzbilla is the backup plan, but he really can't hold a candle to Ben. Might as well just keep Chandler if you want Pryz.

Only difference is I saw where Pyrz is expecting something like 36 million over 5 years which is quite a bit less than Chandler offers and honestly they are very similar players.
BuLLzDoMaIn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 12:19 PM)
Tyson is not gone, he will be in Chicago For years to come.... pray.gif

why are you so high on tyson. He had more then enough years to show his skills. Paxson even gave him his big contract so we wouldnt lose him incase he showed these "skills"
The Gladiator
Mostly, because im scared this will come back to haunt us like when we traded Ron Artest, Elton Brand, Brad Miller etc away for basically nothing. If Tyson works on his offense he will be a dominate player in the NBA.

ANother reason is because we r trading him for CRAP! mad.gif
BuLLzDoMaIn
if we never traded those guys we wouldnt be where we are now. And also we couldnt keep them. Those 3 guys are max contract players. Maybe only one we could of kept. and we still sucked so at f.a they would of left. its all good. Tyson is no where as good as them anyway
The Gladiator
QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Jul 2 2006, 12:33 PM)
if we never traded those guys we wouldnt be where we are now. And also we couldnt keep them. Those 3 guys are max contract players. Maybe only one we could of kept. and we still sucked so at f.a they would of left. its all good. Tyson is no where as good as them anyway

im saying IF we trade Tyson he could become the player we all thought he would be when we drafted him. And that scares me.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 10:31 AM)
Mostly, because im scared this will come back to haunt us like when we traded Ron Artest, Elton Brand, Brad Miller etc away for basically nothing. If Tyson works on his offense he will be a dominate player in the NBA.

ANother reason is because we r trading him for CRAP! mad.gif

Brown averaged just over 9 ppg in a starters role for a relatively poor team. He's solid defensively and also averaged just over 7 rebounds (lower than usual). Acquiring him means the following year his contract comes off the books and we may be able to offer a near max deal to someone again next year (a huge plus).

A vet who could start at PF or C for us or play very quality minutes off the bench in an Antonio Davis type role for our team.

JR Smith is an athletically gifted 2 guard who isn't a bad 3 point shooter and is a stellar athlete, but he takes dumb shots and Skiles would have to mold him. But he's still very raw (just 20) and would be entering his 3rd season. The only reason this would be a questionmark is because we have acquired quite a few wing men, but Smith is a very good athlete and I think we may have another move coming following this trade (whether its Smith or someone else).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 10:35 AM)
im saying IF we trade Tyson he could become the player we all thought he would be when we drafted him. And that scares me.

Thats part of life. You got to take your chances and say he probably won't and if he does, tip your hat. You can't just trade guys casue they have potential.

Corey Benjamin had potential and he sucked. You can use that potential to get us other parts and free salary while a guy like Pyrzbilla can come in and block more shots than Tyson (over 2 the past two seasons in just over 20 minutes of time) and pulls down over 7 boards a game (solid off the offensive glass).
Chisoxfn
I figured we have some stuff on Wallace and the Bulls, but we might as well also have a thread talking about what his other potential suitors are up to.

Detroit is offering 4yr 48 million, but Philly is apparently very interested in Big Ben.
Chisoxfn
Among those options would be to work out a sign-and-trade, similar to what they did with Grant Hill in 2000 when they traded him to Orlando for Ben Wallace and ex-Piston Chucky Atkins. If the Pistons were to pursue a sign-and-trade with the Bulls, they would probably ask for the deal to include Tyson Chandler who, like Wallace, is a defensive-minded shot blocking center.

I don't know why we would do this, but I guess a sign and trade involving Chandler would allow the Bulls to still have a ton of money to sign other guys "this year". I just don't see what else we'd throw a ton of money at, so don't know how much sense this makes.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 03:18 PM)
I just don't see what else we'd throw a ton of money at, so don't know how much sense this makes.

Harrington?
Nene?
Nazr?
Tony82087
The Pistons have offered Ben Wallace a four-year $48 million deal.
He hasn't agreed to the terms and it appears he'll get offers from the Bulls and Sixers as well, with the Bulls having the inside track on offering up the most cash. Stay tuned. Jul. 2 - 6:40 pm
Chicago Bulls Franchise
im predicting we get a verbal from Big Ben in 2 days!
GreatScott82

Hello Big Ben! Having two Big Ben's on the Bulls will be BEN-EFFICIAL!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 2 2006, 07:34 PM)

Lol howd you do that?
The Gladiator
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 2 2006, 07:34 PM)

lol howd you do that?

Lol howd you do that?
GreatScott82
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 07:38 PM)
Lol howd you do that?

just copied chandler's jersey and shorts on Ben's body. pretty simple, you can do it with paint, photoshop or any program
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 2 2006, 06:02 PM)
just copied chandler's jersey and shorts on Ben's body. pretty simple, you can do it with paint, photoshop or any program

Now, we just have to hope our Ben Wallace isn't missing some muscles on his left arm/shoulder tongue.gif

All joking aside, cool stuff cheers.gif
The Gladiator
So do we know if the Bulls left Wallace with an offer yet? Im getting nervous
GreatScott82
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 08:05 PM)
Now, we just have to hope our Ben Wallace isn't missing some muscles on his left arm/shoulder tongue.gif

All joking aside, cool stuff cheers.gif

lol yea its not the best quality tongue.gif
GreatScott82
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 08:47 PM)
So do we know if the Bulls left Wallace with an offer yet? Im getting nervous

hopefully by tommorow we will know if an offer was left on the table. If there was an offer we should hear about it then.
WHarris1
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/14954410.htm

1 million per year more? That won't get it done IMO.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 2 2006, 10:25 PM)
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/14954410.htm

1 million per year more? That won't get it done IMO.

Thats not what I wanted to hear. I don't think he'll join the Bulls for anything less than 55 mil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.