Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is T2's potential
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
I admit I agree that T2 has tremendous upside and I admit that I was bummed we traded LA...

So...I was wondering...what does everyone think his ceiling is? I hear Amare Stoudemire, but Amare is 2 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier...so what is his game going to be? what are his stats going to be? thought this would be a fun thread...

Potential...

He looks like he will be an Amare/Marion Hybrid at his peak. He has freaking athletic ability...but needs to develop some fundamentals such as shooting off the dribble, accurate mid range jumper, penetration dribbling and several low post moves... Plus, he has the potential to be a decent 3 point threat...and obviously... bulk up.

If he maximizes his potential, he could be able to have an outside-in type of game. Which would make him a nightmare matchup...plus his defense might be first or second team NBA once he develops an NBA big man body.

I think his stats at his celing could look like this...

23pts 10rebs 2 blocks 4assts
FG:48%
3pt:40.5%
FT:77%

Highlight reel dunks and blocks could be in this kids future....
Bullies4Life
His ceiling here with the Bulls... Somewhat his prime-

16.1 Pts, 1.6 Stls, 2.3 blks, 9.6 rbs.

Well, this is what i think. With the Bulls still being, and looking like an unselfish team, we really wont have guys that score lots of points. Every one will get their points...

Also, the Bulls have players that are good rebounders... Chandler will get his, Noc is pretty agressive, and then we have Deng. And if we do sign Ben Wallace, then that guy can rebound too.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 08:50 AM)
His ceiling here with the Bulls... Somewhat his prime-

16.1 Pts, 1.6 Stls, 2.3 blks, 9.6 rbs.

Well, this is what i think. With the Bulls still being, and looking like an unselfish team, we really wont have guys that score lots of points. Every one will get their points...

Also, the Bulls have players that are good rebounders... Chandler will get his, Noc is pretty agressive, and then we have Deng. And if we do sign Ben Wallace, then that guy can rebound too.

One thing I took into consideration is that it will probably take 3-4 years to see him hit his stride, but he won't be into his prime for about 6 years...making him 25.

Also, in 4-6 years this Bulls team will look completely different. It's inevitable. By then, if T2 is the stud everyone says he is...He could be the cornerstone of this franchise...with Hinrich being the next Nash.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 08:57 AM)
One thing I took into consideration is that it will probably take 3-4 years to see him hit his stride, but he won't be into his prime for about 6 years...making him 25.

Also, in 4-6 years this Bulls team will look completely different. It's inevitable. By then, if T2 is the stud everyone says he is...He could be the cornerstone of this franchise...with Hinrich being the next Nash.

Good point. But also, i just cant see TT averaging over 20... Im not sure if he will ever get to be so polish to the point where he can score that much. Good players usually start playing bball at a young age, and learn everything then. And usually players that come into the league that arent polish enought stay somewhat the same... Yeah some get better, but i still believe that a great player has to be pretty darn good at a young age. And the only thing i see TT being good at right now at his young age is his Defense.
The Gladiator
"The Dude Abides" Thats sounds about right, but I would go a little better making him average 24 ppg 12 rpg 2 apg 3bpg thus making him the center piece of our Championship team in a couple of years. He will be the "ESPN" guy like Wade was this year probably. I bet he is the Finals MVP one year and perhaps a regular Season MVP somewhere down the road?
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 09:04 AM)
Good point. But also, i just cant see TT averaging over 20... Im not sure if he will ever get to be so polish to the point where he can score that much. Good players usually start playing bball at a young age, and learn everything then. And usually players that come into the league that arent polish enought stay somewhat the same... Yeah some get better, but i still believe that a great player has to be pretty darn good at a young age. And the only thing i see TT being good at right now at his young age is his Defense.

Deng only starting playing basketball a few years ago as well...

Also, for this thread, I am truly thinking the absolute ceiling if he really does literally utilize all his potential...

But I do think you are right realistically at about 16 pts...

I think it would be reasonable to expect in 4 years.... 16 pts 10rebs 2.5 blocks..

It will depend on his work ethic and dedication...
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 1 2006, 09:08 AM)
"The Dude Abides" Thats sounds about right, but I would go a little better making him average 24 ppg 12 rpg 2 apg 3bpg thus making him the center piece of our Championship team in a couple of years. He will be the "ESPN" guy like Wade was this year probably. I bet he is the Finals MVP one year and perhaps a regular Season MVP somewhere down the road?

That's the thing with T2....we have to wait and see...so much potential and I dont think anyone knows, not even Pax, What this kid is going to be...

I hope they learned from Chandler and have a development plan with realistic expectations.
The Gladiator
a little off topic but what do you think Sefolosha's Cieling and Max potential will be in say 4 years?

I hope we can say that hes the starting SG for the Chicago Bulls and he can average around 21 ppg 6 rpg 3 apg also 1-2 steals per game that would be great. Im glad we got this kid, hes an above average rebounder as well.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 1 2006, 09:33 AM)
a little off topic but what do you think Sefolosha's Cieling and Max potential will be in say 4 years?

I hope we can say that hes the starting SG for the Chicago Bulls and he can average around 21 ppg 6 rpg 3 apg also 1-2 steals per game that would be great. Im glad we got this kid, hes an above average rebounder as well.

Honestly, I barely heard of him until draft day. I might be wrong, but I dont think any of us here even mentioned him.

Now that I have read up on him, I think Pax made the right pick. He is exactly what we were lacking last year... a tall athletic defensive SG. It appears that he has a better all around game than Brewer or Carney...

Does anyone have his Euro league stats?

I am really excited to see him in the rotation this year.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 09:38 AM)
Honestly, I barely heard of him until draft day. I might be wrong, but I dont think any of us here even mentioned him.

Now that I have read up on him, I think Pax made the right pick. He is exactly what we were lacking last year... a tall athletic defensive SG. It appears that he has a better all around game than Brewer or Carney...

Does anyone have his Euro league stats?

I am really excited to see him in the rotation this year.

Gosh dangit I cant find any links but I remember them on Draft Night, He averaged 12 ppg 6 rpg and 1-2 steals per game.
The Dude Abides
Draft Express about Thabo
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 09:27 AM)
Deng only starting playing basketball a few years ago as well...

Also, for this thread, I am truly thinking the absolute ceiling if he really does literally utilize all his potential...

But I do think you are right realistically at about 16 pts...

I think it would be reasonable to expect in 4 years.... 16 pts 10rebs 2.5 blocks..

It will depend on his work ethic and dedication...

Deng had a more polish game coming into the NBA...

-Deng has high IQ of the game. Tyrus still has a long wayy to go. tyrus mostly just seems like an athletic payer that can only dunk, and has an okay jump shot...

And maybe ur right... 16 is a little bit too low... i say more like somewhere close to 20 then... But he has a looooong way to go... Right now i just see him as a role player on offense in the future... not a go to guy that will easily get us over 20 a night.... Maybe he could be one, but only time will tell.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 10:03 AM)
Deng had a more polish game coming into the NBA...

-Deng has high IQ of the game. Tyrus still has a long wayy to go. tyrus mostly just seems like an athletic payer that can only dunk, and has an okay jump shot...

And maybe ur right... 16 is a little bit too low... i say more like somewhere close to 20 then... But he has a looooong way to go... Right now i just see him as a role player on offense in the future... not a go to guy that will easily get us over 20 a night.... Maybe he could be one, but only time will tell.

He might have 4 or 5 20 point games his rookie year. I'll be happy if he is consistenly around 9-10 pts and 8-9 rebs...I'm really looking for improvement and intensity from him his rook year.

I want to see effort and desire. If I was Pax/Skiles, I would have him room with Noch at training camp.
Chisoxfn
Tyrus' shot isn't as bad as advertised, especially for a 4. He has a nice 15-17 foot jumper that he really didn't take that much at LSU. Maybe because Glenn Davis was more of there offensive low post threat.

He doesn't have that many moves with his back to the basket yet, but at the same time he's incredibly quick so if a bigger 4 is on him he can use his quickness to get around him, draw fouls, and get easy buckets (dunks, layups).

He will need to really improve low post wise, but his potential is as a big time shut down defender (at the 3/4) who will also be a good rebounder, also good getting offensive boards and will be the type of guy who can ocassionally get really easy buckets because of his athletism.

I don't know if he can be Amare, but he has the reach to be a very very solid low post scorer, especially in an up tempo system.

I do think we'll see him struggle a good amount his rookie season though. And he isn't a horrid dribbler, so thats a major plus.
ZoomSlowik
I think IF he pans out, he'll be somewhat similar to Marion. He'll be a solid but not elite scorer (Marion would probably top out at 18 or so without Nash) and a solid rebounder. I think his steals will probably be a bit lower though, with his blocks a little higher. I see it something like 18 points, 11 boards, 1 steal, 2.5 blocks. However, something like 12 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks is more realistic.
SleepyWhiteSox
Who do you guys think will be better, tyrus or marvin williams?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 1 2006, 06:04 PM)
Who do you guys think will be better, tyrus or marvin williams?

That's about a toss-up because it depends on which (if either) of them fufill their potential. Thomas is a bit more athletic, but Williams is a lot more skilled at this point. I'd probably lean more towards Williams because he can definitely play SF, but it's really too early to call.
Bullies4Life
SSOooo... what kinda numbers do u guys expect from T2, so that he isnt labeled as a "bust?" what if he averaged 12.2 pts, 8.9 rbs, and 1.9 blks per games in his 5th season... would u guys say he's a bust?
madisonsmadhouse
I think Tyrus has 15-10 potential, but his big impact would be on the defensive end as a shutdown defender on the 3-4's of the league.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.