Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Randolf out of a job bc of Aldridge?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
It's no secret that Portland and Randolf have not been getting along. He has been the subject of trade rumors for a while. I like his talent, but he seems to carry a lot of baggage...possibly even a team cancer.

Do you think they wanted Aldridge bc Randolf's time is up in Portland?

I dont know that I would really want him here. Not even sure that he would fit in well with team chemistry and especially Skiles...but he does fill a need and does have talent and might come cheap...or a 3 way trade....hmmm...

Portland gets...
Chandler
Duhon

Minnesota gets
Randolf
Deng

Bulls get
KG
(maybe some other throw ins...)
soxfan101
well Timberwolves would never do that for Garnett and they also said Garnett isnt being moved this off-season. Also I dont see what would be the point of that deal for Portland. Would I consider getting Randolph though despite the baggage? Sure he is a good player pretty underated and in the shithole portland has been lately I dont blame players for becoming "cancers"
Chisoxfn
Twolves probably don't do that deal, although that is an interesting deal.

We give up Deng, Duhon, and Chandler for KG (they may want something else, but in general thats about the max I'm willing to give up for a big).

You can swap Gordon for Deng anytime you want as far as I'm concerned too.
mac9001
A couple of problems with this trade:

1. It doesn't work moneywise.
2. Duhon has a no-trade clause
ChWRoCk2
Give it up with the Garnett stuff, hes not coming here.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 1 2006, 03:28 PM)
Give it up with the Garnett stuff, hes not coming here.

I'm all for dreaming, but coming up with your own pointless/never going to happen/rediculous trade is just a waste of time. I dont even like to speculate on reported rumors of trades, so it might just be me.
ZoomSlowik
I don't know if they want to do that quite yet. Randolph is clearly on his way out, although I wouldn't rush things if I were them, I'd make sure that I got at least some talent if I were them.

Aldridge would be in a really good position backing up LaFrentz and Randolph right now. That would let him get his feet wet while not totally relying on him.
SleepyWhiteSox
NO WAY minny does that...trading away a top 5 player in the NBA to get back a problematic guy who his team is trying to get rid off??
madisonsmadhouse
Zach Randolph has worn out his welcome in Portland, which isn't easy to do. It will be interesting to see where he lands next, but I will say it now, whoever trades for him will regret it in the long run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.