Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tim Thomas to sign with Clippers
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
Turns out, Tim Thomas wasn't as taken with the Suns as he claimed he was. Jumping at an opportunity to stay home in Los Angeles and grab and longer term deal for more money, NBA sources confirmed Saturday that Thomas will sign with the Clippers for four years at the mid-level exception, a deal that will be worth as much as $24 million.

For the second year in a row, the Suns failed to sign one of their own free agents that they felt would be a slam dunk. Last year, they wound up trading disgruntled guard Joe Johnson to Atlanta -- this time, they get nothing back for Thomas, who averaged 11 points a game in the regular season after joining Phoenix in last February and 15 points in the postseason, including a huge 3-pointer in Game 6 against the Lakers that allowed the Suns to stay alive and eventually reach the Western Conference Finals.

Sources say the Clippers offer was almost double the Suns best offer -- believed to be three years at or near $12 million, but the feeling was Thomas enjoyed his time in Phoenix so much that he would take less money to remain and make a run at an NBA championship.

Now, Phoenix goes to Plan B, and will try to sign as many as three veteran free agents with the money they were throwing at Thomas to sign a backup point guard, shooting guard and shot-blocking presence inside. Losing Tim Thomas also increases the likelihood that Kurt Thomas and James Jones will remain with the Suns, joining the new players that come aboard to back up the starting lineup of Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw and Amare Stoudemire.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=68843
HoofHearted
I hate to say this, btu Songaila is a guy I see being a stud in their up-tempo offense. I just hop ebidding for the guy doesnt get rediculous so we at least have a shot at him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.