Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Look into our Offseason..CBF....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
By CBF.. Your Game/TalkBulls Writer

Now that the NBA Draft is over teams are now able to talk to Free Agents. One Big name free agent Ben Wallace, Has met with John Paxson and crew today and the Bulls are expected to offer a 4 year 60 million dollar deal.

I dont really know how I feel about this. I like Ben but when are we going to get some low post scoring? If I remember correctly thats what cost us some games in the playoffs where we relied on Perimeter shooting wich never is a good idea.

The thing Big Ben would bring us would be an Intimidating Defense. Afterall he has won Defensive Player of the year 4 out of the last 5 seasons. The potential signing would ideally give us the Leagues best defensive team in the NBA and I dont think anyone could argue against that. Wallace is now 32 years old.

The thing Big Ben would not give us is offense. Who knows maybe Pax has a trade up his sleave. One thing that I would like about this is that Ben is the perfect guy to teach Tyrus all about the NBA especially defensive wise. We cant expect Tyrus to come out like he did in college, obviuosly he is going to be nervous and may look a little out of place from the start but after a while im sure he will begin to feel comfortable.

But what can we expect if we sign Ben Wallace? Some say we could do a sign and trade with Cleveland where we trade Michael Sweetney for Drew Gooden. Hes a guy capable of 12-15 ppg in the paint and would be a good compliment to Ben Wallace. Here is my ideal offseason.

-Sign Ben Wallace If were so high on him (Meaning Pax)
-Sign and Trade with Cleveland for Drew Gooden By trading away Sweets

Thus giving us a great defensive player and a average low post scorer. If this is in fact what happens I would think our lineup would look something like this....

PG Hinrich/Duhon/Pargo
SG Gordon/Sefolosha
SF Deng/Noc/Khryapa
PF Gooden/Tyrus/Chandler
C Wallace/Chandler/Schenscher

We know Gordon is going to score, we know Wallace will block shots and play defense, we know Kirk is our Captain biggrin.gif.. Signing Wallace and Gooden would be great signings for us and would help us out alot. What do you think?
DutheDoduhon21
wallace works, but i wouldnt want gooden is too streaky,you never know what he will do i want nene or even chris wilcox i think he is a sleeper
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 1 2006, 08:41 PM)
wallace works, but i wouldnt want gooden is too streaky,you never know what he will do i want nene or even chris wilcox i think he is a sleeper

The question is, can Nene or Wilcox play Power Forward if we signed Wallace?
maggsmaggs
$$, if we sign Wallace to the big deal. We have effectly used all our cap room up. Let's say we have $2 million left, trading away Sweet's is $2.6 million, so we have basically $4.5 million to work with. Gooden is not going to sign for that little.
2nd_city_saint787
hey whats goin the names aaron, what about an Al Harrington. Sure on ESPN.com they have him listed as a SF but I think the guys fully capable of playing PF (an inch taller and about 30 pounds heavier). But Im not sure theyd have the cap space to bring in the 2 "best players" in the free agent market.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 1 2006, 08:51 PM)
hey whats goin the names aaron, what about an Al Harrington. Sure on ESPN.com they have him listed as a SF but I think the guys fully capable of playing PF (an inch taller and about 30 pounds heavier). But Im not sure theyd have the cap space to bring in the 2 "best players" in the free agent market.

First off welcome aboard cheers.gif

Secondly, No the Bulls wouldnt have enough to get Wallace and Harrington, one or the other. I dont really care wich one.
dasox24
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1 2006, 08:43 PM)
$$, if we sign Wallace to the big deal. We have effectly used all our cap room up. Let's say we have $2 million left, trading away Sweet's is $2.6 million, so we have basically $4.5 million to work with. Gooden is not going to sign for that little.

Yeah, we most definitely would not have enough money to sign both players.

The only way we could get both would be if Chandler was traded, which would open up $9 mil more for us to get Gooden with.

I really am intrigued by Gooden. I think playing with Hinrich would help him a lot, and if we had both him and Wallace, that would be the offensive- and defensive-big man combo we thought we were gonna have with Curry and Chandler.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 1 2006, 09:52 PM)
Yeah, we most definitely would not have enough money to sign both players.

The only way we could get both would be if Chandler was traded, which would open up $9 mil more for us to get Gooden with.

I really am intrigued by Gooden. I think playing with Hinrich would help him a lot, and if we had both him and Wallace, that would be the offensive- and defensive-big man combo we thought we were gonna have with Curry and Chandler.

What we did have. Curry would have been a star if he stayed with us, but I cant blame Pax since he didnt take the test.

BTW, I dont remember his press conference when he left, someone was talking about him crying. Did Eddy Cry?
JPargo
ill take nene over gooden. If this happens then Tyson will just be a waste of money =/
SoxFan1
If Ben Wallace os signed, Tyson needs to go...simple as that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.