Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joel Pyzbrilla
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Da Bulls 88
If the Bulls are eager to sign Joel Przybilla, they need to move quickly.

The Portland Trail Blazers want to keep the 7-foot-1-inch center and they reportedly sent director of player personnel Kevin Pritchard to Wisconsin for a meeting Saturday with Przybilla, who resides in Milwaukee.

Saturday is the first day teams can begin discussions with free agents. Players can sign contracts on or after July 12.

Przybilla ranks high on the Bulls' wish list. The Blazers want to re-sign Przybilla but can offer him only the midlevel exception of about $5 million because they are above the salary cap.

The Bulls are in a position to offer much more.

Przybilla, 26, told the Oregonian he is looking for security but is torn about the possibility of leaving the Blazers.

"In sports, nothing is certain, and this could be my one shot to make as much money as I can," Przybilla told the newspaper. "I'm not getting any younger."

He also said he wants to play for a winning team. The Blazers went 21-61 last season but hope to sell Przybilla on their plans to rebuild. They acquired LaMarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy in Wednesday's draft and traded center Theo Ratliff and point guard Sebastian Telfair.

Ratliff's departure makes the re-signing of Przybilla critical for the Blazers.

Przybilla is popular because of his work ethic and size. The Bulls also could use his leadership. He was a Blazers co-captain.

The Bulls are expected to be a front-runner for Przybilla, who averaged six points, seven rebounds and 2.32 blocks per game in his sixth season. Chicago's proximity to Przybilla's Milwaukee home should be a plus for the Bulls.

Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, was not available to comment.

Demand centers on 7-1 Przybilla
The Gladiator
I saw this on Real GM. I dont wanna go anywhere close to Prz..
The Dude Abides
Pryz would give us considerable size, not eat up a lot of cap...and we could still sign Harrington, Nene or Nazr...

I'd rather get 2 of those guys than 1 Ben Wallace...
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 10:01 AM)
Pryz would give us considerable size, not eat up a lot of cap...and we could still sign Harrington, Nene or Nazr...

I'd rather get 2 of those guys than 1 Ben Wallace...

Not I jpshakehead.gif
Chisoxfn
Aside from Ben Wallace, it appears Joel Pyrzbilla is the Bulls backup plan when it comes to a defensive starting center. I figured this could be a thread where we put all of the Joel news in. Including news on other potential suitors.

The Bulls have yet to schedule a workout, but they first plan on making a heavy push at Ben Wallace. If they don't feel they are confident with Wallace, most major news outlets are saying we will turn to Pyrzbilla who is expecting a contract in the 30 million range (over 5 or so seasons).

The San Antonio Spurs plan on meeting with Joel and offering him 5yr 29 mill (thats the most they can offer).
Chisoxfn
Though Ben Wallace is out of the Spurs' price range — they have only cap exceptions of $5million and $1.75million to spend — they likely will talk to Joel Pryzbilla. A 26-year-old, 7-foot-1 shot blocker, Przybilla would probably fit well in the Spurs' defensive scheme playing next to Duncan. The Spurs are limited to offering Przybilla a five-year contract worth $29 million, slightly less than the most he can receive from Portland in a sign-and-trade deal.

Thats the source of the Spurs news. From BenMaller
bulls91
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 02:15 PM)
Thats the source of the Spurs news. From BenMaller

that is a cheaper way of getting both needs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.