Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chandler to Warriors or Jazz?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
BuLLzDoMaIn
Detroit News - As the Bulls continue to chase Ben Wallace, are they also shopping their own defensive bigman Tyson Chandler?

According to the Detroit News, the Bulls have been shopping Chandler around the league in hopes of getting a more offensive-minded big man, perhaps someone like Golden State's Troy Murphy or Utah's Carlos Boozer, and had their free-agent sights on a less-expensive center such as Joel Przybilla or Nazr Mohammed.

Bulls GM John Paxson started making overtures toward Wallace only after being encouraged by owner Jerry Reinsdorf. Reinsdorf has done a lot of successful business over the years with Wallace's agent, Arn Tellem, who might have pushed for the Bulls to consider Wallace.
SoxFan1
Interesting. I'd want Boozer over Murphy but without all the "paperwork" of the deal, it's hard to tell.
Chisoxfn
Boozer has a bad contract, but I think I would do a Chandler for boozer deal straight up if we were able to land Wallace.

Put Wallace and Boozer side by side and you have one all star defensive player and one potent low post scorer. The only major scare are Boozer's injury issues and whether he's entirely past them.
sport1016
Boozer is a great deal, i don't want murphy but the problem with any aquisition is it has to fit into future plans

if tyrus is our PF of the future we need a center to go with him

getting wallace and trading chandler for a scorer is a perfect idea as it is likely that as wallace declines as our defensive stopper HOPEFULLY tyrus will be getting better.

The problem is this: You can put a power forward next to wallace, but you HAVE to put a center next to tyrus.

Boozer and wallace works but boozer and tyrus doesnt UNLESS boozer can line up at center and both he and tyrus can just guard whoever. It'd be a slightly small front line, but talented. but i think boozer is big enough to guard most centers bc he is bulky.

neither does murphy and tyrus

jermaine and wallace works AND tyrus and jermaine work.....if we are trading chandler that's what i would do

we need a center, too bad nene is off the market
bulls91
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 3 2006, 01:29 PM)
Boozer is a great deal, i don't want murphy but the problem with any aquisition is it has to fit into future plans

if tyrus is our PF of the future we need a center to go with him

getting wallace and trading chandler for a scorer is a perfect idea as it is likely that as wallace declines as our defensive stopper HOPEFULLY tyrus will be getting better.

The problem is this: You can put a power forward next to wallace, but you HAVE to put a center next to tyrus.

Boozer and wallace works but boozer and tyrus doesnt UNLESS boozer can line up at center and both he and tyrus can just guard whoever. It'd be a slightly small front line, but talented. but i think boozer is big enough to guard most centers bc he is bulky.

neither does murphy and tyrus

jermaine and wallace works AND tyrus and jermaine work.....if we are trading chandler that's what i would do

we need a center, too bad nene is off the market

after i saw what nene was getting i thought that it was to much i would have gave him a contract like 5 mil not ten mil/yr.
The Gladiator
I actually like Chandler for Murphy, before I hated it but I had no idea he averaged 15 and 10 last year.
Pippen Aint Easy
Whoever doesn't like Murphy has to not like the 15-18 boards per game he can get plus add offense??? What's not to like there?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Jul 3 2006, 02:58 PM)
Whoever doesn't like Murphy has to not like the 15-18 boards per game he can get plus add offense??? What's not to like there?

I must have missed something, since when is Murphy going to get 15 rebounds a game? huh.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Jul 3 2006, 02:58 PM)

his best year he averaged 10.8. The last person to touch 15 per game is a guy called Dennis "The Worm" Rodman.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Jul 3 2006, 12:58 PM)

Ya, I'm confused, no one avg's 15-18 boards per game. He does avg 10 boards a game while putting up a good amt of points. Poor defense, but if we have Ben Wallace down low that isn't as important.
RememberThe90's
man...if we could get Boozer....that might be the final piece.
Michael Jordan
Only 24... Ben will make him a lot better. Trust me on this one. Tyson and Ben will be the best interior duo in the NBA defensively. When guys like LeBron and Wade think about driving in, they will sh^t thier pants at jsut the thought of it! Therefore, keeping Tyson is no-brainer.
SoxFan1
Merged with the Chandler thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.