Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you think the Bulls are Tanking the Season?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I dont know, you would like them to to get a better pick but I doubt they are.
soxfan101
I want them too but Scott Skiles wouldnt do that.
Timoperezrulez
Fans are, the players better not be.
Chisoxfn
Heck no. Players don't ever play to lose. Its not in there mindset.
hammerhead johnson
We're 2 1/2 games behind Philadelphia with 13 games left, and we still play them twice in April.

Has anyone looked at Philadelphia's schedule? They still have to play New Jersey twice, they have road games in Detroit, Miami, and Indiana, and they also have a game left against Washington.

Meanwhile, the Bulls schedule is significantly easier:

At Boston
Charlotte
At Charlotte
Boston
Indiana
At Philadelphia
Philadelphia
New Jersey
At Atlanta
Washington
At Miami
At Orlando
Toronto

So yeah, IMO a fan would have to be crazy to even entertain the thought of tanking.
MurcieOne
tanking games makes little to no sense to begin with..... were already going to have a high pick in the draft thanks to Zeke, Larry, and Starbury so why bother tanking games to move our own lottery pick better.
Balta1701-B
No they're not tanking yet. But if they have any brains at all...their linup for that game against the Bobcats better consist of Luke, Pargo, Sweetney, and a couple other scrubs getting 48 minutes. Just lose that 1 game.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 25 2006, 03:08 PM)
No they're not tanking yet.  But if they have any brains at all...their linup for that game against the Bobcats better consist of Luke, Pargo, Sweetney, and a couple other scrubs getting 48 minutes.  Just lose that 1 game.

If the NBA Draft was set up like the NFL Draft, I might be able to see your point, but if the Bobcats finish with a worse record than the Knicks by a game or two, it ain't gonna make much of a difference. As long as the Knicks finish with one of the three worst records in the NBA, we will have an excellent shot at landing the #1 overall pick. And even if the Bobcats get that pick, they don't need Aldridge, what with Okafor, Brezec, May, etc. They need an offensive assassin out on the perimiter.

Charlotte Core:

PG: Raymond Felton, Brevin Knight
SG: ?????
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Emeka Okafor, Sean May
C: Primo Brezec

Although they could trade down, perhaps. Who is the best SG in the upcoming draft? That is most likely the guy that the Bobcats want.

Portland, on the other hand, might covet Aldridge with Vanilla Gorilla most likely going elsewhere. Now, there's a team that needs to win a few games.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 25 2006, 12:46 PM)
tanking games makes little to no sense to begin with..... were already going to have a high pick in the draft thanks to Zeke, Larry, and Starbury so why bother tanking games to move our own lottery pick better.

Plus a loss or two isn't going to make our own pick considerably better, imo. Obviously if your in the lottery you always have a chance of being completely lucky, but the NBA is negatively biased against the Bulls (thanks to WGN), so that won't happen.

Lets win and take care of business, if we make the playoffs it will be some great experience, even when we get swept out by Detroit.
bulls91
i think that is there whole scheme this year they all knew that they would be taking a step backwards and might as well get two excelent draft picks this year.
CryptViLL
id like them to.
but they arnt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.