Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Benny the Bulls Assaults
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
I know I shouldn't laugh, but this is just a funny story.

CHICAGO “Benny the Bull” -- the Chicago Bulls team mascot -- was arrested Sunday afternoon for hitting an off-duty Cook County Sheriff's deputy at the Taste of Chicago, according to police.

Barry Anderson, 26, also known as “Benny the Bull,” was cited with driving on a sidewalk and charged with battery, a misdemeanor, while at Grant Park, 700 S. Columbus Dr., about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

Anderson was working as “Benny” and driving a mini-motorcycle without permission of the Chicago Park District or the City of Chicago when police approached him and he drove off, Kubiak said.

An off-duty county deputy, who was working security at the event, grabbed Anderson, who began swinging his arms, Kubiak said. He struck the deputy, breaking his glasses and watch, Kubiak said. Police apprehended Anderson and took him into custody for processing, and he was later released, she added.

Further information was not immediately available.

Anderson is not the first "Benny the Bull" to get in trouble with the law. In January 2004, Chicago police arrested Chester Brewer on suspicion of selling marijuana out of his car. They also reportedly found a scale and plastic baggies inside Brewer's Cabrini-Green apartment. Brewer received 18 months probation after he pleaded guilty to the charges.

Can't you see some Bull riding around in a small motorcyle swinging at cops in some sort of really cheasy comedy movie.
DutheDoduhon21
that is funny but i hope he still gets to be benny becuse he is really entertaining to watch
SoxFan1
Isn't this like the 3rd Benny the Bull incident we've had in the last few years?
WHarris1
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 02:31 PM)
Isn't this like the 3rd Benny the Bull incident we've had in the last few years?

I believe the past ones were Da Bull.
Chisoxfn
2nd that I know of. The first was buying drugs or something (but at least he wasn't doing it in costume). laugh.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 3 2006, 01:28 PM)
that is funny but i hope he still gets to be benny becuse he is really entertaining to watch

i am feeling the same way he was what made the games fun those times when we were losing too bad.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 01:31 PM)

no it is the second the first one was Da Bull with the brown fur sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.