Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luol Deng key to winning a championship
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Ever
Sup guys.

ok.. Ive been thinking on writing a thread about Luol Deng and I finally am.
In my personal opinion I think Luol Deng is the most important player or piece to getting over the big hump and going to the finals. The guy has a ton of potential and if he ever lives up to it, we can be a dangerous team. But these are the things he needs to do or be in order for this to happen:

-can he develope a consistent 3 point shot?
-can he get his body to look like LeBron (ha ha... i know thats a long shot but can he get close at least)
-can he be the player that the bulls curently lack that is not afraid of contact and will do whatever it takes to get to the free throw line. (hopefully he can if he gets stronger)
-does he have the potential to score 18 points a night?
-Can he develope a post up game?

ok.. I dont see why Luol Deng cant make this happen.. He will be 21 at the end of the year (maybe already so)

This is how i see luol deng in the future.. or the things i would like for Deng to be..

I really want him to post up smaller guys on him. He already has some experience by playing PF position at Duke and he played spot up minutes at PF too with the bulls. He is becoming a little bit affective with his left arm. Hes beginning to use it a lot more since injuring his right wrist. I want him to be very affective posting up guy so that he can become a threat and can demand double teams if he gets too close to the paint. (like Ronnie Artest)

I see the NBA changing. If u look at the Mavs, Suns, and even Detroit, none of those teams have Centers that can post up. People might say, What about Rasheed Wallace? Hes more of a face up kind of guy that will pull some fade aways. He doesnt really comand double teams. Suns? no one. Mavs? People will say Dirk... but if u look at him he chills at the perimeter a lot, shoots some threes... and shoots plenty of jumpers.. But.. when he posts up, and gets near the paint... thats when team start to help out... thats what i want Deng to be.. Like an Al harrignton if he gets close to the rim people need to help out... If Deng can be this kind of player it would help out a lot, and we can maybe get away with our bigs not being able to score.

Hopefully Deng can create matchup problems when he gets strong and when he finally sees someone else helping out he can pass for the open three.

I also really wish he would get really smart in playing defense so that he can become an affective help out blocker.. this would be nice to have from a SF, we see guys like Kirilenko, Marion, and Tyshawn Prince. He has the tools to do this i think...

Right now i see Luol as a 2nd or 3rd option on the team.. I hope he really practices on his game that he can be the #1 or 2 guy on the team.. that would be great to see... Hopefully he can grow some huge muscles and will not be afraid to attack the basket and getting knocked down..
headbang.gif

I dont know guys.. what do u guys think? huh.gif what do u think Luol Deng can do for us?

Do u think theres someone else on this roster than can put us over the hump? lets try to be realistic here.

bullssmilie1.jpg
Chisoxfn
Deng has the potential to be the best player on the Bulls and a legitimate all around SF. He has the length and athletism to be a stopper defensively while at the same time he has the ability to drive and finish while still being able to hit a jump shot that should make him a consistent offensive threat (especially when he learns to draw fouls).

As he continues to improve his jumper and improves his dribbling he could definately emerge as that key guy. At the same time, I could see him being available in a trade if the Bulls are able to land a superstar down low to go with Ben Wall.
Bullies4Life
I dunno about u guys, but i mostly see Luol as a guy who is more of a role player. I dont see him dominating the ball (like a LeBron, Kobe). I just dont see the quickness/explosiveness and the ball handleling skills. The only way i see Deng being a good player is if he adds alot of weight, and develops some kind of low post game. I think he can be a very good one because of his long arms, which can be difficult for opponents to block his shots. And i also havent seen the "im gonna take over the game" thing on Luol that great players have. I see him more of a Shawn Marion type of player. A good open shooter, and a slasher that does many things well for the team.
Clifton Pondexter
When Deng gets 20 points, the Bulls have an incredible record. The guy is going to be a solid pro for a long time. He's not as flashy as some others, he'll never be asked to be in the dunk contest, but he's a steady, smart player. Sort of like a small forward/guard version of Elton Brand. Yes, I do think he can play the off guard position. I love the guy, and would only deal him if it mean KG was joining BW in the Bulls' frontcourt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.